Damn....it...

Zero the Hero

Ok.. as of lately, I have come across a problem. Yesterday, I picked up my DS and was going to play a Bleach game. But as I turned it on, an error had occurred and I lost ALL OF MY BLEACH DATA! It's not as bad as it could have been, I could of had Pokemon Pearl reset it's data.. I'm starting to think the problem is with my DS.. It has been acting weird for weeks now. Like, The L button sometimes doesn't work, when I close the DS to save power and open it the next time it just shuts off. And sometimes it won't even read the game. I thought these were all just little things untill it shut off by itself and my data had been deleted. I have thought about cleaning my DS and games, but other than that I'm as a loss. Before I did anything I wanted to get some opinions and suggestions. Princess and I won't be here most of the day, so please discuss.

*DISCUSS*

*typed on a Wii*

It could be that your battery is reached its end. Why not get a new one? Or perhaps a new Ds.

Could be. Though I've had my SP for 5 years and nothing happened.

Though it could be different

It could be that your battery is reached its end. Why not get a new one? Or perhaps a new Ds.
Could be. Though I've had my SP for 5 years and nothing happened.

Though it could be different

True. I have a ye old DS, not a DS lite. But replacing it is somthing I will do if nothing else works and the problem continues.

True. I have a ye old DS, not a DS lite. But replacing it is somthing I will do if nothing else works and the problem continues.

My sister has a ye olde DS and hers does that thing where it cannot read the game sometimes. It runs out of power quickly, too (lol old battery), so we've started to call her charger for it it's 'life support'.

It might just be that your DS has gotten old olo

My sister has a ye olde DS and hers does that thing where it cannot read the game sometimes. It runs out of power quickly, too (lol old battery), so we've started to call her charger for it it's 'life support'.

It might just be that your DS has gotten old olo

*sigh* maybe time for my DS to retire... I have kinda...

...dropped it a few times on a hard surface

And give you next to nothing for it.

My dad traded in his XBOX and gear to go with it for 50$

You are right about that, they give you little for the used things you take, however, I was able to make good bargains with used games there as well. What did your dad get? Did he use the money there or just took off?

They probably would. Is now a bad time to say that I have sent it in to Nintendo for "repairs"? Such as the two parts holding the top and bottem screen together, one fell off...

But that still doesn't explain the lost data!

Yeah it's replacement time. Lites are more durable

You are right about that, they give you little for the used things you take, however, I was able to make good bargains with used games there as well. What did your dad get? Did he use the money there or just took off?

Used it to get Link's crossbow training. And some Wii game

It's your DS that's buggy.

Remember that the DS game cards don't use battery like GBA carts. They have flash memory, and in the case of some games like Pearl and Diamond, they have 2 layers of memory to prevent total corruption. IE: if your file gets corrupted, the game uses the other data to back it up rather than deleting everything. (that's why it takes so damn long to save)

Edited by Metal Arc

And give you next to nothing for it.

My dad traded in his XBOX and gear to go with it for 50$

Gamestop gives you little to nothing for anything. I tried to sell a game there, but they were only willing to go as high as 16¢. I would get satisfaction putting it a shoebox and burying it in the backyard with a tiny tombstone that says, "Here lies Zero's DS".

Ok, a couple things

1. I've had my old DS for 4 years, and it doesn't do anything like that to me, so I doubt it's the DS

2. was the game from the same regeon as the DS? because if it wasn't, that might be why it erased itself.

3. Also, if it got extremely cold or hot,, it may have deleted itself.

It's your DS that's buggy.

Remember that the DS game cards don't use battery like GBA carts. They have flash memory, and in the case of some games like Pearl and Diamond, they have 2 layers of memory to prevent total corruption. IE: if your file gets corrupted, the game uses the other data to back it up rather than deleting everything. (that's why it takes so damn long to save)

*sigh of relief* That's good.. Pokemon is safe.. Bleach... not so much... That explains alot. Pokemon has done that to me alot.. "cannot read data"