The Stoician Playthrough

Thingy Person

In my first playthrough of RD, I was originally going to keep everyone alive, just for the sake of being corny. I let Soren get beaten in 3-1, however, not knowing he wouldn't return (also missing out on that one awesome base conversation). After I realised he was gone for good, I thought to myself "Oh, well, never mind then." In Stormclouds, Rolf, Rhys and Ilyana died. In River Crossing, Boyd was killed by Veyona (even though I was training him as much as I was training Mia). Two chapters later, Mist and Reyson had dietreated. Laura and Zihark died in 3-6 ("eh, they're only useful for the Daein chapters"). Ulki was defeated during the first chapter he appears in. Aran dies in "Blood Contract", right after I BEXP'd him to second tier, as well as Edward in Fort Nox. Thank god I had promoted Nolan to Reaver by then. Danved died in 4-P, Kieran in 4-2. I recruited Oliver in 4-3, but abandoned Rafiel, Volug, Tormod, Muarim and Vika. I thought I'd let the latter three die dramatically, but I felt like shit afterwards =P

Some great units died in 4-F-5, but that's normal.

So in the end, half of all units (most of which are endgame-worthy) were slain way too early because I felt like not resetting. I was really short on units in Part 4. Can anyone sympathise?

I wish their deaths were actually mentioned after the battle, like in PoR. I had all of the mercs die in 3-5 once, just for kicks, only to have Ike say "They're retreating. That was close."

Note that I'm going to do it right on my second playthrough. I always used reset the first time around until I realised I messed up. It's a good thing I had Mist die before Part 4 so I could see the respective base conversation. Calill still needs to die, though. But not now.

I'm at Rivals Collide now. A lot more enemy units that before XD

Only at Turn 7 and I'm invading their camp already. I never got that far last time.

I'm gonna' do it next playthrough. >;O

The payload has almost reached the final terminus...

I did this on Sacred Stones Hard mode, with no form of abusing whatsoever. Seth, Cormag, and Duessel were all killed (well, defeated then) during the Rausten Court chapter, doing what they did best. Others had died in past chapters, due to carelessness.