Your first reaction when starting out your first Lunatic playthrough?

So today I actually decided to start a Lunatic playthrough after completing Hard mode a few times.

Lets just say this was my immediate reaction upon trying to complete the prologue.

immediately-regret-this-decision.gif

I have never resetted this many times even when I played the game for the first time ON NORMAL!!!

Huh, this isn't as hard as I thought it would be (Chapter 2) AHHHHH (Chapter 3) I don't quite understand how after the hell that was the previous chapter people have issues here.

I'm only on chapter 7 of my run and I played classic and sadly Miriel appearing right where all the enemies were caused her to die, I mean "retire"

Well i actually beaten Chpater 1 now but my Thunder tome is close to breaking.

Ahh well at least Miriel is gonna give me a new fire Tome the next chapter.

I hope I can get to Chapter 5 without much trouble so I can access DLC.

I gave up on my Lunatic playthrough because I had things to do. But now I wanna do it again but...

I always struggle at beating chapter 5 in hard mode, I don't even want to know how is this chapter in lunatic...

It was a total nightmare. I have to say though, beating Lunatic at least once really improved my Fire Emblem tactics. I'm way more cautious and better at planning things out in Fates (and in Fire Emblem as a whole).

I'll be honest though.

I'm kinda dreading the time when Donnel becomes recruitable. That paralougue is hard enough on its own. But Linatic may seem like an entirely different thing.

I'll be honest though.

I'm kinda dreading the time when Donnel becomes recruitable. That paralougue is hard enough on its own. But Linatic may seem like an entirely different thing.

It's a bit rough in the beginning, but once you clear out the initial enemies it isn't too bad.

My first impression of Lunatic was that Robin sucked, and I had no idea why anyone would want to solo with him. Turns out my Robin was a special snowflake - the one that managed to be screwed in all the important stats!

Earlygame is a pita

but it stops being that hard after c6

9 was mildly annoying I guess

Pretty much this! My first thoughts on Lunatic.

Chapter 2, Chapter 2, Chapter 2 (cries)

If you can box in the archer and get Donnel that kill early on so you don't have to worry about getting him a level, the rest of para1 is fine. I find it a prime time to train chrom--and that's exactly what I did in both L and L+ since there's so many axedudes it's like Chrom heaven. Just gotta be careful and watch ranges (and in L+, counter) and it's alright. The thief who takes the killer lance will come back around, anyway, so you can just delete him on the way, but don't even worry if he runs away; it's not that important and the actual important item from this chapter nobody's gonna steal.

If you have a particular tanky MU by that point (on that particular chapter, para 1-3 are all fairly easy imo, 4 isn't hard if you're ok with losing the arms scroll but getting it requires a bit more work), and you really should, I recommend situationally using them as unarmed bait if you wanna train chrom or sumia or sully or w/e. Fred with like, Bronze Sword, could make pretty good chip damage, iirc, but i also don't remember enemy stats offhand anymore.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Lunatic's only difficult with regards to early game and optional chapters, difficulty dies down after like chapter 6 or so. Even Donnel and Ricken can be used without grinding, you just need more patience than sense!

I could never get past Chapter 2 without a guide.Prologue and Ch.1 were fine after I did them a lot but Ch.2 is special.Also regardless of anything I can't beat Ch.3 with guide or not cause someone always messes and my Robin always gets screwed some how.

Thank god for water, thank god for level 8 robin, and thank god for Virion's elixir.

Virion should be top tier for coming with an elixir.

Oh right the water trick. Just get lucky with the Mage and the enemies become easy pickings from there.

First Lunatic Run: *checks Interceptor's guide every 5 seconds*

First Lunatic+ Run: I got this!

*gets to chapter 3*

Nope, never mind, no I don't.

At first I thought it wasn't so bad after completing Chapter 1. Then Chapter 2 came along and I was stuck on that for quite a long time. In the end, I made it up to chapter 5 and gave up since I was too stubborn to use DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing my first lunatic run at the moment. I'm up to chapter 10 and I'm really enjoying it now and trying not to grind to much but when I first started my god the first two chapters took me hours. I got really lucky on chapter three. Dodged lots of kill hits and made lots of low % criticals.

Chapter Prologue-4: Frederick, you will be working overtime, while we all camp over here telling ghost stories. Sorry, your pay will remain the same.

Chapter 5+: Hang on(insert characters in distress here), gotta train everyone up to level 20, cause my god the enemies are starting to equip B tier weapons.

Chapter 16+: Okay then, so we gotta cripple the Valmese from the inside or whatever, so wes gonna take over one of their forts? Got it, everyone were camping out at EXPonential Growth for the next, I dunno, week maybe. Cherche, marry Henry already. Vaike, here's a sword your a thief now. Nowi my lovely wife, here's a book, now start zapping everything. If you need me, I'll be getting more Second Seals and Rescue staves.

...yeah I consider the Golden Pack my best purchase yet, even over Sm4sh DLC, what an odd question...

I started a Lunatic pt yesterday. Honestly, I've had to reset twice on Chapter 1, but it's not too bad otherwise. Frederick is a huge crutch.

I imagine Lunatic+ is horrible.

Edited by Radiant head