• Bard/Dancer/Heron
    • Pegasus Knight/Falcoknight
    • Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord
    • (Bandit or Pirate)/Berserker
    • Shaman/Druid
    • Archer/Sniper
    • Anything not listed here.

Tell you what.

Let's get Link Arena teams ready, you use your swordies and I'll use my generals and we'll see who wins.

k?

Link arenas are stupid, but that's beside the point. Just because you don't like a class doesn't make them bad. It just means they don't quite work with your playstyle.

I'll put it this way: If there is any one class I don't like using, it's the general. I have a more speedy, dodgy style and they don't work like that. But I don't think they're bad. Used correctly, I know they can be good, it just isn't the way I play. SM's fit perfectly into my playstyle, and they never let me down.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what.

Let's get Link Arena teams ready, you use your swordies and I'll use my generals and we'll see who wins.

k?

Link arenas are stupid, but that's beside the point. Just because you don't like a class doesn't make them bad. It just means they don't quite work with your playstyle.

I'll put it this way: If there is any one class I don't like using, it's the general. I have a more speedy, dodgy style and they don't work like that. But I don't think they're bad. Used correctly, I know they can be good, it just isn't the way I play. SM's fit perfectly into my playstyle, and they never let me down.

[offtopic]Yes I was right, we would get a new member to piss off Fox on a constant basis about Fire Emblem, once Gino left for the summer.[/offtopic]

Also it's a matter of opinion, if you say that you think so and so class is terrible, hey power to you, either way you look at it, it's just a matter of opinion, nothing more

At least Gino kept his opinions to their respective topics.

My decision still stands with valkyries.

True about Gino, but at least I was right (somewhat)

Also I'm not amazed you ain't changed your opinion, hell you have had that same sig pic since I came here

Mercenaries. Myrmidon are a close second. Mercs are all around good units, but myrmidons have phenomenal speed and skill, decent strength and defense, and good HP. They can take a hit, will almost always double, dishing out spectacular damage, and have a high critical chance, meaning they're destructive. And just because they can take a hit doesn't mean they WILL be taking a hit.

But there's the mercs who have good speed and skill, good strength and defense, good HP. They can take a hit, can double, can dish good damage with only one attack, even. Frig, they're spectacular. I wanna have an epic Hero VS Swordmaster fight some time... I gotta run through FE7 again. xP

And weak. And can't hurt as much.

Save FE1/3 where Marth can open things without keys, Thieves/Rogues are fast moving and useful on any team weak or not. They are better in games without Picks and with promotions, but even in games without them they make a useful unit.

Also Assassins get an awesome combat animation.

Anyway, I like flash and spiffy animations, and fast units so between Thief, Myrmis, and Pegasi... Thieves are fun.

I like swordmasters, not only because their speed loves you but because most of them are sexy little bitches. And you know it's true.

Get some heavier armor, my friend. They'll break their swords against your mighty shield, super speed and all.

Although it's no fun when you have a slow unit who's been defense screwed a bit that goes up against someone with a Killing Edge.

Or an armorslayer. Enemies don't have them often, but I've been screwed over by them more than once....my own fault really.

Reminds me of one time when I was doing well in 2-E of Radiant Dawn until Brom got one-shotted by some general with a Hammer.

I like swordmasters, not only because their speed loves you but because most of them are sexy little bitches. And you know it's true.

Damn right, it's true. That's not why they are my favorite, but it's a bonus

Reminds me of one time when I was doing well in 2-E of Radiant Dawn until Brom got one-shotted by some general with a Hammer.

That just happened to me today, as well as Marcia getting KOed by a Sniper using a Bowgun.

Yeah, not paying attention to enemy weapons is no bueno. Nothing like not realizing they're carrying a killer edge/lance/axe to ruin your day.

Although I have to say, that's why I freakin' love the crap out of Meg. Fortune is awesome.

I was kinda torn between Swordmaster, Assassin, and Druid, but chose to go with Druid. I dunno I guess just because I like Canas a lot.

Edited by smashbro