Would Shantae or Shovel Knight Best Represent Indie Games in Smash?

Smash DLC  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Shantae or Shovel Knight?

Shantae because shes been almost exclusively Nintendo for all of her games. I feel like her moveset would be more unique than Shovel Knight's. Plus I think she deserves to become more popular and introduced to the mainstream.

Also Shovel Knight looks extremely similar to Zelda's phantom slash which kinda irks me.

Edited by Terribad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these new or are you just commenting about stuff already said in this thread? Should probably reply in

tags either way.

It's a few weeks old now, but I was referring to the SSB compatibility listing with the Shovel Knight amiibo on Nintendo's website.

Sorry, I don't know how to put spoiler tags on mobile devices.

It's a few weeks old now, but I was referring to the SSB compatibility listing with the Shovel Knight amiibo on Nintendo's website.

Sorry, I don't know how to put spoiler tags on mobile devices.

[spoiler]spoilers here[/spoiler]
converts to

spoilers here

• 3 weeks later...

Jedi introduced me to the awesome idea of having Quote instead.

But if I had to choose between the two of them... I dunno, both are great. Why putting all three of them and be done with it ? I'm asking too much, eh ? Ahah. :p

All of them would go smoothly in Smash.

Edited by B.Leu

Jedi introduced me to the awesome idea of having Quote instead.

But if I had to choose between the two of them... I dunno, both are great. Why putting all three of them and be done with it ? I'm asking too much, eh ? Ahah. :p

All of them would go smoothly in Smash.

Yeah I was thinking about it and was like "Hey Quote is kind of from one of the most known indie games, that jump-started the others in ways"

All 3 are cool though yeah. I think if we do get indie it would be Quote or Shovel Knight, if we get one at all.

I'd like Lilac, but Freedom Planet isn't as known at all.

Edited by Jedi

I don't care if either get in at this point. If I was forced to pick though, I'd say Shantae has a higher chance to get in.

Late but, despite her history of 3 games and being on mostly Nintendo consoles. Shovel Knight has made more of an impact on people.

Although I will again state, Quote has done more than either. In terms of "Indie".

I presume that by design you mean the way she dresses, which I feel a lot of people make a huge deal out of what's essentially a non-issue. If her top really poses a problem with the rating systems, they can easily fix that by giving her one that shows less cleavage. Her pants are far less revealing in comparison to characters that are already in the game, so I don't see a problem there, specially when we have Sport Suit Samus and Swimming Trunks Shulk.

I meant more along the lines how it seems overtime her breasts and hips were more focused on, instead of that just being the way she dressed like it seemed to be back on the GBC.

I'm really reluctant to voice my opinion on this though because the last thing I want is to be taken for an SJW or something.