Toad in Smash Bros

Zera

1. 1. You must choose!

• Ridley: A purple space dragon with laser breath.
    • Armon Ritter: A shapeshifter who can transform into mutated marine life forms.
    • Ariana Shami: A shaman with invisibility, cloning, pillars of water, exploding flowers, time-manipulating ravens, and large rocks shot out of portals.
    • Toad: A character who has no inherent abilities whatsoever.
    • integrity

what's sin & punishment anyway

A way of life, apparently.

WRT the topic, people who pretend that they know what the standard is for selecting Smash Bros. characters are woefully misguided.

Edited by Refa

Herp a derp Over half of Mario's attacks have appeared in actual Mario games. Now riddle me this - When have you seen Toad attack anything ever?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/8/83/Marthsingle_lord_sword.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100721073129

Such limited frames of animation. And it's not like Counter is a reference to how units always "counterattack" after being hit. At least Marth is fairly strong and has a unique weapon. What's Toad gonna do? Cry on the opponent? Attempt to hit them with his soft, mushroom head?

That's odd, because all of them have ten times as much potential as Toad. If Toad went against them on Death Battle, it would be over in five seconds.

hate to break it to you

but shadow dragon kinda came out after melee

in fact, Marth's animations in Shadow Dragon are based on his attacks from Smash Bros

his second hit animation? that's his side tilt

marth shares the most in common with the swordfighters from fe4

up b is similar to critical, side tilt is similar to a second hit, side b might be based on astra/meteor/shooting star

which have no relation whatsoever to marth; he's not even in that game

also toad does have something unique

mushrooms

for example, in mario kart double dash toad can get a golden mushroom

in mario party toad can get a triple mushroom powerup

they could base his moveset around mushrooms; there are plenty in Mario

regular mushroom, volt shroom, gold mushroom, bee mushroom, mega mushroom

there are plenty of things toad could do

it seems like a stretch but keep in mind pac-man's down b is based on a random object from a game

seriously check the trophy it says that there is a fire hydrant in pac man 2

they do whatever they goddamn want for movesets honestly

A way of life, apparently.

WRT the topic, people who pretend that they know what the standard is for selecting Smash Bros. characters are woefully misguided.

It's a Cabal-style shooter game made by Treasure for the N64 in 2000.

By that logic, why would we use Sin & Punishment when we could just use Space Harrier

otherwise I'd have totally supported X instead of Megaman

Be realistic instead of hanging all your inaccurate sources you love to hang onto like metacritic, VGcharts, IGN, Death Battle, GameFAQ's and other crap sources.

Fair enough. Then I expect you to direct me to superior alternates for all of them.

Toad has a much more likely shot as small as that is, as Sin & Punishment ever getting a single character.

And why's that? I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would take THIS...

Toad: A peaceful mushroom retainer that can run fast, because running away is all he usually does.

...over THIS -

Ariana Shami: A shaman who can use invisibility, cloning, pillars of water, exploding flowers, time-manipulating ravens, and large rocks shot out of portals.

also toad does have something unique

mushrooms

for example, in mario kart double dash toad can get a golden mushroom

in mario party toad can get a triple mushroom powerup

they could base his moveset around mushrooms; there are plenty in Mario

regular mushroom, volt shroom, gold mushroom, bee mushroom, mega mushroom

there are plenty of things toad could do

it seems like a stretch but keep in mind pac-man's down b is based on a random object from a game
seriously check the trophy it says that there is a fire hydrant in pac man 2
they do whatever they goddamn want for movesets honestly

Congratulations, maybe, for you have created a legitimate argument in favor of Toad AND backed it up with actual evidence. Even so, I think Sakurai would have to scrape the bottom of the barrel harder than with any other character. If Toad can become a Smash Bros. character, then literally anyone can. There are many characters with superior inherent fighting abilities, both in and out of the Mario series.

Edited by Zera

if you can't find good sources, that's your problem.

why toad is infinitely more likely than any smt character: people know about the mario series. nobody, relatively speaking, knows about smt.

I never suggested any Shin Megami Tensei characters, only Sin and Punishment characters, although nearly any character from any Nintendo game would be better than Toad.

So this is basically your "I hate Toad" soapbox. Did you really need to make a topic for it?

yeah this thread is literally "i, the op, want to fight people about how i hate toad, a japanese video game character"

get a room or something, there's no need for that shit here