THEORY on Possible Spotpass Characters

Clone184

I was reading a post by Captain Karnage about Anna possibly being a Spotpass character and how her data is already inside the game and as I was wondering if she was the only one being released (if they ever get to Spotpass, that is :-_-: ), I began to wonder:

Maybe with each version of the game, they'll be releasing a set number of specific Spotpass characters for each route like they did for Awakening

For example:

Birthright

-Anna

-Leo

-Camilla

-Mikoto (If they suddenly pull an Emmeryn that changes the epilogue of Birthright)

-Lala (maybe?)

Conquest

-Anna

-Sakura

-Hinoka

-Shenmei (Like Mikoto above but maybe being completely revived from the dead?)

-Clear

Invisible Kingdom

-Anna

-Mikoto

-Shenmei

-Sumeragi

-Garon / Human Lilith

(I'm willing that from Mikoto to Garon, they'll pull Yen'fay's and come from alternate Outrealms for some specific reason)

I'm not saying I"m right. I'm just saying that it may be possible. I mean, the Spotpass characters from Awakening were all on the cartage and it's pretty much the same for the characters above too. (Expect for Lala who may be treated like Priam)

Anyways, that's my theory. What do you guys think?

Edited by Clone184

I think it's a cool idea, but I find it weird that Birthright would get Leo and Camilla, if Conquest would get Sakura and Hinoka.

[spoiler=Birthright Story Spoilers]I mean, if they could pull an Emmeryn with Mikoto, then I'm sure they could also pull it off with Elise.

Lala would be nice too, but what class could she be?

Invisible Kingdom could get all of the Spotpass characters, from both Birthright and Conquest.

I think it's a cool idea, but I find it weird that Birthright would get Leo and Camilla, if Conquest would get Sakura and Hinoka.

[spoiler=Birthright Story Spoilers]I mean, if they could pull an Emmeryn with Mikoto, then I'm sure they could also pull it off with Elise.

Lala would be nice too, but what class could she be?

Invisible Kingdom could get all of the Spotpass characters, from both Birthright and Conquest.

Lala could be model like Azura, but be more like Ophelia (like a Dancer) and Invisible Kingdom must have a limit to how many they can put in, but for the rest:

[spoiler=(Birthright Spoiler)]

Since Elise's death in Birthright is pretty much by one of the cutscenes in the end of Birthright, I don't think they can pull off an Emmeryn so easily with her.

Also, Leo, Camilla, Sakura, and Hinoka could join by siding with the Avatar after they realize their conviction despite choosing the opposite.

[Edit 28/08/2015] - Added Lala Blushing :)

To be honest I'm holding out for Iago. (Too thirsty for him). Hngggggg ~~~

Also, I'm not sure if it actually means anything but we have blushing sprites for Garon, Mikoto, Shenmei, Sumeragi, Iago and Ganz. I also put Lilith, Anna and Lala in.

FZgkiHv.pngF0bs9cu.pngL5wrlGf.pngLi0EdfD.pngYBN4ZKA.pnglJ9UVUR.png

XhGqCGC.pngBVpwGEa.pngdBOtku0.png

Upon saying this, the capture characters have blushing sprites as well, so this could mean absolutely nothing.

To be honest I could go into like a thousand reasons for why Iago could be a spotpass character but I feel like I would be quite heavily biased meaning that my reasons could be more wishful thinking rather than logic.

Also, I think that it would be really cool to see Emma and Shade as DLC characters for this game.

Edited by Mox

While I don't like the idea of canonically dead people being revived to be playable (unless it's extra content unlocked after beating the game), Iago could be useful because he has access to staff use, which his class normally doesn't allow.

To be honest I'm holding out for Iago. (Too thirsty for him). Hngggggg ~~~

Also, I'm not sure if it actually means anything but we have blushing sprites for Garon, Mikoto, Shenmei, Sumeragi, Iago and Ganz. (Here's Lilith and Anna as a bonus :) ).

FZgkiHv.pngF0bs9cu.pngL5wrlGf.pngLi0EdfD.pngYBN4ZKA.pnglJ9UVUR.png

XhGqCGC.pngBVpwGEa.png

Upon saying this, the capture characters have blushing sprites as well, so this could mean absolutely nothing.

To be honest I could go into like a thousand reasons for why Iago could be a spotpass character but I feel like I would be quite heavily biased meaning that my reasons could be more wishful thinking rather than logic.

Also, I think that it would be really cool to see Emma and Shade as DLC characters for this game.

While I admit he kinda of a cool person in general, I don't really see that as a possibility, being that he serves more of an antagonistic role.

He also dies on all three routes, so there's that.

While I admit he kinda of a cool person in general, I don't really see that as a possibility, being that he serves more of an antagonistic role.

He also dies on all three routes, so there's that.

Yeah, that's true. But Gangrel also serves a similar role and was given to us and he was supposed to be as dead as Emmeryn. I'm still going to cling to my hope though ... too desperate for that Iago face rub, tbh.

While I don't like the idea of canonically dead people being revived to be playable (unless it's extra content unlocked after beating the game), Iago could be useful because he has access to staff use, which his class normally doesn't allow.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I thought they might make him a spotpass character, actually. Across all three routes he had access to staves but Nohr was the only time that he actually used them as far as I can recall. If he does become a spotpass character, maybe he will have access to a personal skill similar to Infinite Staff in order to play up his unusual ability to use staves.

Seeing as you can hire the other versions units via My Castle battles, I don't see the point of them being Spotpass characters as well...

Well you have to get characters from somewhere, and they are recruited via story. Plus. you can recruit characters from other versions as well like Outrealm characters. I don't think Spotpass maps will hurt so much.

Those blushing sprites might simply be unused assets. Besides, wouldn't it be weird for Mikoto and Lilith to have blushing sprites as

[spoiler=Spoilers for Invisible Kingdom and History DLC]

Mikoto is Kamui's mother and Lilith is their half-sister?

Those blushing sprites might simply be unused assets. Besides, wouldn't it be weird for Mikoto and Lilith to have blushing sprites as

[spoiler=Spoilers for Invisible Kingdom and History DLC]

Mikoto is Kamui's mother and Lilith is their half-sister?

Oh god oh god oh god oh god

That said, they don't have to blush ONLY because of love declarations.

While it's entirely possible for there to be new SpotPass or DLC characters (Cipher Minerva, Lucina and Marth prove you can add characters that don't exist in the game), I should mention a few things.

1. In Awakening, all the SpotPass characters have data alongside the main characters in a specific file that is loaded all the time. In Fates, there aren't any characters like that, except for Anna. All the other NPCs (Mikoto, Garon, etc.) are loaded in each character you meet them.

2. As far as I know, every character has blushing frames. It's just the way they (lazily) coded the assets. Like how every character has red, green, blue and purple map sprites (and this is the same in Awakening).

[spoiler=Invisible History comment]I feel like they dropped the ball with Invisible History; that would have been the perfect time to make Lilith playable.

Edited by VincentASM

Anna probably and PLEASE Lillith~ Lala would be an idea, but I believe, it's more that all DLCs work on all paths, Lala onlyappears in Hoshido (right?)

Thing in Lillith's case is,

She is Kamui's sister - no 'We actually aren't really related' style like with Ryouma/Takumi/Hinoka/Sakura. Same for Mikoto. The Avatar probably will again be able to S-Support (gender thing still~) with all characters, so this badly won't work.

Anna probably and PLEASE Lillith~ Lala would be an idea, but I believe, it's more that all DLCs work on all paths, Lala onlyappears in Hoshido (right?)

Thing in Lillith's case is,

She is Kamui's sister - no 'We actually aren't really related' style like with Ryouma/Takumi/Hinoka/Sakura. Same for Mikoto. The Avatar probably will again be able to S-Support (gender thing still~) with all characters, so this badly won't work.

Mikoto can easily be up to A rank, Lilith can pull the "letter" excuse.

Don't judge us. We just want to waifu our mothers. :p

Well they would have to limit to an A-Support in Birthright, as while Nintendo may support same-sex marriage, they MAY not support insect. However, a S-Support may be possible in Invisible Kingdom with the excuse "I didn't give birth to you, so technically, we're not completely mother and son".

Well they would have to limit to an A-Support in Birthright, as while Nintendo may support same-sex marriage, they MAY not support insect. However, a S-Support may be possible in Invisible Kingdom with the excuse "I didn't give birth to you, so technically, we're not completely mother and son".

Even the idea of this is appalling, but considering how much IS has f*cked up Kamui's family, it would just be more fuel to the fire.

As far as I know, every character has blushing frames. It's just the way they (lazily) coded the assets. Like how every character has red, green, blue and purple map sprites (and this is the same in Awakening).

Don't see how that's lazy. Sounds efficient if anything. Saves time and doesn't take up resources. May even prevent the game from crashing from modders

Don't see how that's lazy. Sounds efficient if anything. Saves time and doesn't take up resources.

"Lazy" might have been the wrong term to use. Sloppy, maybe?

Well, whatever, everything works and it's just like you said : P

Having so much unused assets is only an issue on older systems anyway, where there was limited space. These days, there's no worry about assets hogging space, like FE10 is totally fine having dozens of unused music and even a couple of pre-production movies.

May even prevent the game from crashing from modders

Perhaps, but I really don't think that's what they had in mind XD