Who are the most iconic and distinguished game antagonists?

Magical CC

So, in your opinion, who or which are the most iconic and distinguished game antagonists? They dont have to be the final boss or the strongest one. They dont have to be the villain of the game or evil but they have to oppose the main characters. Here is my list:

_Bowser

_Dr.Willy

_Dark Link

_Dr.Robotnik

_M.Bison

_Rugal

_Giovanni

_Akuma

_Kefka

_Sephiroth

_Luca Bright

Bowser (Mario) and Ganondorf/Ganon (Zelda) for sure. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), Dr. Robotnik/Eggman (Sonic), Dr. Willy (Mega Man), the four ghosts in Pac-Man, Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot [laugh all you want but those Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1 were HUGE]), Dracula (Castlevania), Albert Wesker (Resident Evil), Team Rocket (Pokemon), Andross and Wolf (Star Fox), and I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.

Ganon(dorf)

Bowser

Robotnik

Dr. Wily

Ridley

Sephiroth

M. Bison

Shao Khan

Liquid Snake

Dracula

Glados

Blue (Pokemon)

Albert Wesker

This is a list I think most people into gaming can recognize or at least has heard of these characters before. Chances are I forgot someone big, I was trying to remember Crash's villain, but I figured if I've forgotten then he can't be that recognized. Oh wait, somebody else has him, okay...

Edited by Knight

I was trying to remember Crash's villain, but I figured if I've forgotten then he can't be that recognized.

I forgot Ridley existed until someone else listed him, since I forgot him I guess he can't be that recognized :smug:

Not saying Cortex is a more prominent and recognizable video game antagonist as Ridley, 'cause he's not, just saying he's WAY more recognizable and prominent than people give him credit for.

I forgot Ridley existed until someone else listed him, since I forgot him I guess he can't be that recognized :smug:

Not saying Cortex is a more prominent and recognizable video game antagonist as Ridley, 'cause he's not, just saying he's WAY more recognizable and prominent than people give him credit for.

I didn't really mean that as insult to him. I was never a giant Crash fan anyways and I didn't grow up with the system, that probably has more to do with it. I get really tired in the morning so I have a tendency to say dumb things.

you guys should really see bowser in the mario rpgs. hes amazing esp in paper mario 2.

i agree

in mario rpg he's basically just a joke at first who tries to act really cool

but in paper mario they actually made him seem really evil and powerful and all

then in the second game they basically demote him from main villain to main comedy relief, which is actually hilarious and probably my second favorite bowser

in mario and luigi he's a lot less prominent though

like in the first game the whole rookie thing was funny but bowletta was uhhhhhh

in partners in time he's barely there from what i can tell though

never actually finished it but he was pretty boring there

bowser's inside story bowser is the best one though

bowser is like the best protagonist ever he's so stupid and likable i love it

also the way he says "SHOWTIME" is just perfect

Edited by maybe

I don't think dark link should be on the list. Also, I want the magic emperor in lunar to be on the list, but since recognizable/popular, he really doesn't deserve a spot.

I think Arthas in wciii deserves a spot. He's also in wow but I don't know much about that. Glados would be another good pick. I like Luca blight but I think he's not really recognizable enough.

Oh right, Nemesis from RE3 and the Pyramid Head from SH. In the case of Nemesis, not only that he can appear in a lot of places, he also chases you around from place to place. He's probably the most iconic boss of the whole RE franchise.

I'd say these guys are pretty iconic.

Bowser (Super Mario Bros)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)

Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)

Ridley (Metroid)

Marx (Kirby Super Star)

Andross (Star Fox)

Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Dracula (Castlevania)

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)

Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)

Ripto (Spyro the Dragon)

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Kingdom Hearts)

Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Dr. Wily (Mega Man)

YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei)

Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)

Akuma (Street Fighter)

Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)

Arthas Menethil (Warcraft 3)

Probably my top 3 is:

Kefka (FF6)

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2)

Senator Armstrong (Metal gear rising)

Kefka and Nyarlathotep are some of the rare antagonist that actually accomplishes they're objectives and Senator Armtrong....well...you just don't fuck with this senator!

Kefka and Nyarlathotep are some of the rare antagonist that actually accomplishes they're objectives and Senator Armtrong....well...you just don't fuck with this senator!

He played football in highschool, after all.