Today is a momentous day.....

Zera

.....for Nintendo has simultaneously released Sin and Punishment 1 AND 2 on the Wii U Virtual Console!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLTo9Xg-XM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDOvIdHmiE
Now you may be wondering, why is this important?

Monkey: "Nintendo needs to make more new IPs!" : [

Oh really? Well, I've got some news for ya. Unless you are part of the 0.0057% of earth's population that has played Sin and Punishment 2, chances are you haven't touched the series at all... which just so happens to be a Nintendo IP. As far as you're concerned, it's a brand new IP!

Monkey: "And why should I care?" :/:

Do you like action, shooting, deflecting missiles, explosions, a deep scoring system, challenge, epic boss battles, an awesomely weird story, or fun in general? If you answered "yes" to any of those, you should probably check out this series, even if you're not a fan of shooters.

Monkey: "I would only be interested if it were perfect - literally flawless." :mellow:

Your tastes are way too discerning, and yet, Sin and Punishment 2 STILL has you covered! There are no objective flaws of any kind. Ever. At all. The game is a master craft of design on every level (literally), Well, maybe there are atom-sized flaws, but I haven't found them through countless playthroughs. You'll want to play this game time and again, guaranteed or your money back (not that it costs much).

Monkey: "I don't believe you!" :angry:

You're not human! You're less than human! You're a primate, aren't you?

Monkey: ..... :cry:

Well, I won't force you play it. That would be mean. But if I could convert my pity into combustive energy, you'd be on fire right now.

Monkey: I just want a new F-Zero... :sob:

You know why F-Zero died? Because no one bought F-Zero GX, even though it's still the best racing game ever made. If you don't buy Sin and Punishment 2, the same exact thing could happen to this series. I'm a big Nintendo fan - I like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Yoshi, Pikmin, and even Fire Emblem. But I think Sin and Punishment is more than strong enough to stand with the rest. It deserves a chance to shine, and now that any Wii U owner can get it, it has that chance.

Sin and Punishment looks like Kid Icarus Uprising without the fun settings and characters. I'd rather just have another KI game.

Ironically my dad owns S&P2 and he still hasn't played it. I would have no reason to buy it from the E-Shop anyway.

edit: also yeah calling us monkeys is not okay

Edited by Faceless

Sin and Punishment looks like Kid Icarus Uprising without the fun settings and characters. I'd rather just have another KI game.

edit: also yeah calling us monkeys is not okay

I never called anyone a monkey, but I'm tempted to take you up on that if you're seriously comparing this to Uprising. 80% of that game plays nothing like S&P and the controls are much worse. Your criticism is completely unfounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=Y5PmhcaNlAw&start=95&end=106

You should be ashamed of yourself!

I never called anyone a monkey, but I'm tempted to take you up on that if you're seriously comparing this to Uprising. 80% of that game plays nothing like S&P and the controls are much worse. Your criticism is completely unfounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=Y5PmhcaNlAw&start=95&end=106

You should be ashamed of yourself!

if you want more people to be open to trying the games you like, this isn't a good way to go about it

will look into anyway

i googled and nintendo didn't make any of these games, soooo....

ive never met anyone that cares about games being perfect

aaaand....nobody bought f-zero gx because ps2 and xbox were way more popular than the gamecube lol

zera, you did this same in the ip chat a lot, and we told you its a bad way of trying to sell this game. when are you gonna learn? you're hurting this game. dont you see all the people who say youre making them not want to play? :l

Zera, you lied to me.

These games were released on Thursday, not Friday. It's just that Nintendo didn't think the games were worth advertising in the main page of the eShop.

So NoA finally got around to put a few new Wii games on the Wii U Virtual Console. Guess I now have to check if Half-Life 3 was announced too. I hope they keep this up until they catch up with the European E-Shop.

Btw, last week they also released 3D Gunstar Heroes on the 3DS. With all that Treasure love currently, one could be thinking they were releasing a new game. I hope they eventually also give Alien Soldier the 3D classic treatment... and give Treasure a proper budget to make an amazing HD game.

Anyway, Sin and Punishment 2 is simply the best. The action is breathtaking from beginning to the end and the controls are simply perfect, like the Wii was made for this game. Honestly, it feels great.

The game is actually quite long for a rail shooter and there are even some new modes to unlock, most notably, the game features a Tag mode were you can switch between Isa and Kachi at any time, each of them having their own lifebar.

In terms of difficulty, the game is an even match for Treasure's classic games. Seriously, this game makes the original Sin and Punishment look extremely easy by comparison, despite the superior controls and unlimited continues.

Edited by BrightBow

i googled and nintendo didn't make any of these games, soooo....

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii/Sin-and-Punishment-Successor-of-the-Skies-283080.html

Nintendo doesn't make websites for IPs they don't own. Sin and Punishment is co-owned by Nintendo and Treasure, just like Kirby is co-owned by Nintendo and HAL Laboratory.

Nintendo helped the developement of both games and published them. They are exclusive to Nintendo consoles. Saki Amaniya was an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl - before Smash Bros. had third party trophies. I'm tired of explaining to people that Sin and Punishment is no more third party than Pokemon or Fire Emblem.