PAX Prime 2015 Adventures

kingddd

So I was not available for the entire weekend because I was at PAX Prime 2015. My first PAX attendance ever and it was amazing!!! Where do I start?

The first thing I did when I went into PAX was taking a picture with pikachu with me and my sis and it was awesome.

lBYbf52.jpg

The games I played were Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, Zelda Tri-Force Heroes and a bit of Smash Bros 4.

Me and my sister were lucky enough to play the demo on the 1/2 cockpit seats for Star Fox Zero. The game itself was amazing fun, played really smoothly and the gyro controls aren't as bad as all the press was saying. You only need to move the gamepad slightly which a lot of people were not doing correctly. The corneria level was great, I like the phases they did like in Star Fox Assault style of missions where each mission is broken into segments. I only got to play corneria and not area 3 since I was sharing the demo with my sister and the lineup was really long. We had to wait almost an hour to get a booth. The funny thing is, the guy teaching me the controls told me I was one of the few guys that actually played really well and the first one to get 2nd rank. Here's a video of me playing.

Zelda Triforce Heroes was great. Me, my sister and a random attendee played together. We had to vote on a course to play and of course our random attendee partner was a dick and chose the hardest course. We did decently enough except we died at the final boss. At least we get a free t-shirt. Right beside the booth had the amiibo displays and chibi robo. The shovel knight amiibo was not added until the day after so I could not record it.

For Mario maker, I was a dick and made a moving platform that went right only and a pitfall with a bunch of lakitus and flying bloopers. I couldn't beat it and of course the demo overseer just said lets just put a star there. It was great fun I can't wait for release.

I went to the smash bros tourney for a brief checkup and I got a chance to see and meet M2K. I got to attend the smash bros community panel with D1, Gimr, AlphaZealot and Crimson Blur. Video of it will be up in my channel soon. I played a bit of smash 4 with some people and I completely obliterated a bunch of guys. Even against a guy who got 3rd place in a random community tourney (Not the PAX Prime main tourney), I obliterated him. Gimr even came to us from behind and asked how was everyone doing? I even got a chance to teach a Street Fighter guy how to play smash bros and he improved a lot when I helped teach him some advice and some controls.

2FAdXrQ.jpg

oMI2jub.jpg

We played a bit of giant Jenga and that was fun.

Interesting story about this pic related cosplay. The miciah cosplayer (left) could not attend or go into the convention because she didn't have a Sunday ticket because they were all sold out when she got into the ticket queue. She asked someone if she was done for the day with the convention and they gave her the ticket for free. It was so sweet.

IzRCmCE.jpg

During the last day of the convention. I was taking a charter bus back to Vancouver and our bus broke down and all the passengers were nothing but PAX attendees so during the 1 hour 15 min replacement bus time, we waited near a gas station and we played Mafia Werewolf version, a bit of Mario Kart 7 and Smash Bros. We were all enjoying our time together that we are planning to setup a facebook group along the lines of Broken CharterBus PAX group. The 4 hour journey lasted 6 hours and we were all thanking the bus drivers and she was really happy that we were in such high spirits after a long day of attending the convention.

Some more pics, cosplays and swags. Surprisingly one booth actually had FE4 figures for sale for 7 bucks each blind box. There were tons of them too. Like over 50 stacks.

IxqIW8g.jpg

HmK1fHS.jpg

BK2yY18.jpg

1KJG1E9.jpg

Ph0nucw.jpg

Edited by kingddd

Tell me, how was Force3 Heroes?

I think I stated it in the OP. It was a lot of fun. My only complaint is shared HP but that's about it. Of course it's much harder than 4Swords since it's much easier to game over and it was our first times playing it and we picked the most difficult course.

Pretty cool!

Also, those FE4 figures were an interesting surprise!

I know that people here would have killed for those figures.

It was from this dealer. I have no idea why it states that they are sold out though since they have a stockpile of them everywhere. So many blind boxes of it. If anyone is interested you can ask them or shoot an e-mail. Because they had lots during pax it was quite insane.

http://www.pinkgorillagames.com/catalog/toys_and_figures-trading_and_action_figures/fire_emblem_exceed_a_generation_vol_1_figure/30068

Interesting story about this pic related cosplay. The miciah cosplayer (left) could not attend or go into the convention because she didn't have a Sunday ticket because they were all sold out when she got into the ticket queue. She asked someone if she was done for the day with the convention and they gave her the ticket for free. It was so sweet.

IzRCmCE.jpg

Friends: fought for.

Interesting bit on the FE4 figures! I wonder if we will ever see a 3DS Genealogy, complete with a happy medium between the original mechanics and the modern, Fates-era mechanics with all unintended incest being eradicated completely (though given IS's current track record, that seems uncertain). I'd buy it.

Edited by Tamarsamar