Why Don't We Have Pokemon Stadium U Yet?

TheAssassinMercenary

Probably because of the amount of work to animate and create HD models for all 700 pokemon for little benefit. Not to mention sales for each console Pokemon games got worse overtime. Sure they animated all the Pokemon in 3D in X & Y but they predicted that sales were enough to make up for the costs of it. Pokemon battle revolution while supported online and random battles with others did not do well reception and sales wise. 1.5 million may seem a lot but in the pokemon universe, those sales numbers for a big Pokemon spin-off game is pretty atrocious. Not to mention it was on the Wii.

Edited by kingddd

They're trying to make it perfect before announcing and releasing

Pkmn Battle Revolution just got super stale super fast

I'd personally like another Battle Revolution. Use your own Pokemon. And I mean, they can easily add more places to go & people to fight & ways to fight. Triple battles, Unova & Kalos Pokemon added, Fairy Type added, Mega Evolution; they could do SO much more than they could before. It has a chance to be more fun than before.

Hmm... I forgot about Battle Revolution when I wrote this. I probably should have thought this through better than I did. Sure, it would be cool to see Pokemon battling it out in HD, but with Pokken Tournament (how I envisioned the graphics and attack animations) and with Battle Revolution, I can't think of any new features. Just upgrades to old ones (ie, better online multiplayer).

Edit: Sure it would have the new mechanics from the main series Pokemon games, as CaitlynMellark said. I'm just trying to think of new features. A story like XD or Coliseum, maybe?

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

Hmm... I forgot about Battle Revolution when I wrote this. I probably should have thought this through better than I did. Sure, it would be cool to see Pokemon battling it out in HD, but with Pokken Tournament (how I envisioned the graphics and attack animations) and with Battle Revolution, I can't think of any new features. Just upgrades to old ones (ie, better online multiplayer).

Edit: Sure it would have the new mechanics from the main series Pokemon games, as CaitlynMellark said. I'm just trying to think of new features. A story like XD or Coliseum, maybe?

My sister & I have been begging for a new XD or Colossuem since we got the originals (played them on our Wii, to be fair). Shadow Pokemon, yet many, many more to catch. 3D Pokemon trainer game on a console.

It'd be great.

Battle Revolution wasn't amazing, and they're making more than enough money from the handheld titles. A proper Pokemon Stadium title would be neat, but it'd need to have all the additional stuff that put them above Battle Revolution.

Pokemon Battle Revolution is imo the worst of all the types of home console pokemon games. Your options were awfully limited, you could only use your pokemon and a few 'rental' pokemons but that was totally lame. I played it and, well, I kind of liked it but it died so fast in comparison to Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, and not even mention Colosseum and XD, they were fantastic.

I'd love a new Stadium or XD HD game for the Wii U, but with Pokken Tournament on its way...