Fire Emblem fates archetypes

Jayvee94

Lazward and Luna are more of an Ogma-archetype tho.

They are functionally Abel/Cain. One is fast and the other is strong. This is like saying Donnel is not an Est because he's not a Pegasus Knight.

They are functionally Abel/Cain. One is fast and the other is strong. This is like saying Donnel is not an Est because he's not a Pegasus Knight.

Keep in mind that with that logic, you could also argue that Luna/Lazward are in the Bord/Cord archetype. Sure they're not fighters, but Kaze/Saizou aren't cavaliers and they're Cain/Abel.

Anyway Gunther is a Jeigan but only in the IK route whereas on the Nohr route, he's more like Zealot. Camilla seems to be Nohr's Jeigan instead.

3/4 of the cast are Ests on IK lol.

I don't think a lot of the archetypes fit though. Fates doesn't use a lot of the traditional archetypes unless you count "first armor knight who joins" as an archetype.

Keep in mind that with that logic, you could also argue that Luna/Lazward are in the Bord/Cord archetype. Sure they're not fighters, but Kaze/Saizou aren't cavaliers and they're Cain/Abel.

Anyway Gunther is a Jeigan but only in the IK route whereas on the Nohr route, he's more like Zealot. Camilla seems to be Nohr's Jeigan instead.

3/4 of the cast are Ests on IK lol.

I don't think a lot of the archetypes fit though. Fates doesn't use a lot of the traditional archetypes unless you count "first armor knight who joins" as an archetype.

I agree with that Fates doesn't use the traditional archetypes. But I do believe that trends from previous games are in Fates. With 'first armour knight who joins' I believe it goes something like Draug -> Bors -> Oswin-> Gilliam -> Gatrie .... Elfie. This is just an example.

Fates seem to be more about "breaking tradition" when it comes to archetypes anyways, which is a natural result of it's design.

(Also, I wouldn't really categorize the latter joining units in IK as Ests. In part, or perhaps especially since it's the Invisible Kingdom.)

Fates seem to be more about "breaking tradition" when it comes to archetypes anyways, which is a natural result of it's design.

(Also, I wouldn't really categorize the latter joining units in IK as Ests. In part, or perhaps especially since it's the Invisible Kingdom.)

I think it's more of a fact that they're simply underleveled units, though the "Est factor" is not something I particularly notice..but their growths certainly aren't above average.

Also I personally don't feel that Chap 17 out of 28 is very late..though I dunno

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I agree with that Fates doesn't use the traditional archetypes. But I do believe that trends from previous games are in Fates. With 'first armour knight who joins' I believe it goes something like Draug -> Bors -> Oswin-> Gilliam -> Gatrie .... Elfie. This is just an example.

Yes but... I don't feel like that would count as an archtype or trend? That feels waaaay too wide ranging imo. Like...

"First mage who joins" "First healer who joins"

It just doesn't seem like it's really... a thing...? Because like what's next? "First person with blue hair who joins?"

Yes but... I don't feel like that would count as an archtype or trend? That feels waaaay too wide ranging imo. Like...

"First mage who joins" "First healer who joins"

It just doesn't seem like it's really... a thing...? Because like what's next? "First person with blue hair who joins?"

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. But in my forum article which I linked, I kind of decided not to link archetypes to character names that weren't consensual. For example I had a little stump saying that Ricken was a Merric which I believe but another guy didn't so I changed it to early male wind mage. Otherwise, this game probably doesn't use traditional archetypes. What we could do is find similar traits that characters from this game share with characters from previous. We should be looking at 4 or more characters (including the one from fates) to maybe cement an archetype.

The only ones I can think of are Gunter as a Jeigan and Saizou and Suzukaze as Cain and Abel. Otherwise, they don't seem to exhibit any particular trends seen in the previous games. All available heroes don't fit Ogma's description, latecomers like Izana or Fuuga don't have high growths, and so on.

I like Gunter's depiction in IK. The pure Jeigan archetype is finally back, and he's given that role. It feels like a parody of some sort.