Pokemon GO

kingddd

the trailer is pretty great but the actual game is obviously not going to have holograms flying around mid-air. I just hope that the background on the phone changes to match your surroundings rather than just being an empty field with grass.

So, only for Android and IOS?

No Windows Phone? Huh? Yeah, I thought so.

I guess I won't be playing it so soon, even though the ideia seems very cool, but I doubt it would be the same thing in my country (if it ever get released around here).

• 5 months later...

I can't wait for this game... if implemented properly! I think it's cool that certain pokemon will only be able to be captured in certain areas... makes it more believable and realistic. Makes travel more interesting too! But I do hope that there is some actual phone gameplay and it's not a super simple 'use your camera to see pokemon then throw a pokeball at it'

Also, I know this hasn't been updated in a while, so to make this post relevant, here's the newest update on release date and how the game will the rolled out geographically:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pok%C3%A9mon-go-release-date-pok%C3%A9mon-company-ceo-talks-rollout-details-and-upcoming-big-513035

There's a tease at another big project coming too! I hope it's the X/Y followup, I REALLY do. :D Sequels, plz!

I'm almost positive it is going to be Z with Zygarde. But, again, no definitive info on release. I think there is set to be an announcement in March regarding both Go and the new 3DS game!

No way, it would probably be a better business decision to go with sequels again. Sequels feel way more like they're different games than third versions do, so fans would have more reason to buy them. Black 2/White 2 was pretty successful as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Field testing has begun in (only) Japan! However, the field testers (selected via e-mail invites) are not allowed to reveal any information unless they wished to be removed from the field test.