Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

Now that I have the Koopa Medal, I've uploaded a slew of exciting new courses. These should be very polished, so enjoy!

Moles on Ice: 2379-0000-00E3-6C4C

There are two shortcuts. I really like the challenge at the end.

5-2 (NSMB): CABE-0000-00E3-6F24

Remake of 5-2 from New Super Mario Bros. I took some liberties with the secret area since Mario Maker contains neither star coins nor money bags.

7-6 (NSMB): EECB-0000-00E3-70F8

Remake of 7-6 from New Super Mario Bros. No, I didn't add extra koopas.

Watch Your Head: 698D-0000-00E3-7379

...or you might get dizzy!

Over and Under: B4E6-0000-00E3-765F

You'll understand once you reach the end.

Ice Breaker: C7E2-0000-00E3-83B5

This challenging course is more speedrun-able than it looks.

"Moles on Ice"

I completed it, but I didn't know about the second path. I'll have to play it again later.

"5-2 (NSMB)"

"7-6 (NSMB)"

Very good recreations, I think. I haven't played too much NSMB lately, so they seemed almost new to me.

"Watch your head"

I get it. Break a block with your head and you'll get dizzy. Makes sense. (Although Mario breaks block with his fists, but still)

"Over and Under"

I tried to find a secret under path before getting to the end, which was stupid of me. Should've just kept going. Good work!

"Ice Breaker"

Did you reupload this one? Regardless, I still am not able to complete it.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's a reupload. Where'd you get stuck?

I can get past the Thwomp and Fire Piranha combo with some skill, but it's me trying to get the Mushroom under the Hammer Bro Canon that gets me.

In other words, the very beginning. I suck at ice levels haha.

Moles on Ice: 2379-0000-00E3-6C4C

There are two shortcuts. I really like the challenge at the end.

Over and Under: B4E6-0000-00E3-765F

You'll understand once you reach the end.

Ice Breaker: C7E2-0000-00E3-83B5

This challenging course is more speedrun-able than it looks.

These levels I liked.

I wasn't big on Watch Your Head because it felt like just a basic level with the dizziness effect (which I dislike) applied to everything. Recreations of 2D Mario levels in Mario Maker feel pointless to me, so I didn't bother with those.

I made another level myself, this time much shorter and simpler than the last. Also my first SMB3 level.

Abandoned Sawmill: 1DBA-0000-00E5-1D2D

It's actually possible to clear Watch Your Head without ever triggering the dizziness effect, even if you take the secret exit.

I enjoyed Abandoned Sawmill. It took advantage of the raccoon suit without being kaizo about it.

These levels I liked.

I wasn't big on Watch Your Head because it felt like just a basic level with the dizziness effect (which I dislike) applied to everything. Recreations of 2D Mario levels in Mario Maker feel pointless to me, so I didn't bother with those.

I made another level myself, this time much shorter and simpler than the last. Also my first SMB3 level.

Abandoned Sawmill: 1DBA-0000-00E5-1D2D

I made to the point where you have to break the block to move forward while avoiding the Grinders following you. I didn't see the Fire Bars overhead and got hit, and I didn't feel like doing the whole level again. I gave you a star (and I'm the guy who commented "...crud"), but I'll give this one another shot tomorrow.

I'm also making a few levels based on other franchises because I haven't done that yet. But until I get more stars I can't upload them.

Edited by Power Master

Here's a level that may bring back childhood nostalgia/nightmares.

Snake Block Syndrome: C429-0000-00E5-4725

Tracks are definitely one of the best features of Mario Maker. They're so versatile you can even recreate some elements that Mario Maker lacks.

I've got a lot of levels but I'm not sure which ones to upload. I've got like 3 horror-themed levels (a trolly one, a tricky one, and a shitty one), a really long castle level with checkpoints, and a gimmicky one. I'm really paranoid about the upload limit, so it's hard for me to decide which ones to send out there. They all need refinement as well.

I made to the point where you have to break the block to move forward while avoiding the Grinders following you. I didn't see the Fire Bars overhead and got hit, and I didn't feel like doing the whole level again. I gave you a star (and I'm the guy who commented "...crud"), but I'll give this one another shot tomorrow.

You shouldn't have to do the whole level again, there's a checkpoint :P.

You shouldn't have to do the whole level again, there's a checkpoint :P.

I know, I completely forgot about that. But I tried it again this morning and I beat it. Great level!

Also, those Event levels are HARD!

Edited by Power Master

Tubular and Awesome!: 6BD7-0000-00E6-8CCB

If you've played Super Mario World, you may find this course familiar...

The Really Tall Wall: 704F-0000-00E6-8B97

Mario can jump high, but how high? Also, there's a Hard Mode if you go left.

Edited by Zera

I want to upload my Metroid level, but I'm out of room! Which one should I get rid off: The one no one (but Zera) can complete "Run of Doom!"? Or one of the more strange ones like "Even More Trampolines Galore"?

So, something happened to my "Where's the Exit?" stage and it was removed from the server. I don't know if it was a glitch or if someone reported it (I don't know why), but it' gave me room to upload my Metroid stage. It has Greemers, Metroids, branching paths, and even a Save Station where you can "recharge." Also Ridley.

"Samus's Mission" B16E-0000-00E9-AE94

I wanted to try my hand at a single-screen level. I made it pretty quickly (how long can one screen take, right?).

One-Screen Machine: 603E-0000-00EB-4FF4

Sheesh, I can't tell what's going on here! But I like it, good job!

So, I decided to try my hand at that whole "recreate a 3D level in a 2D environment" thing. I started off with one of my least favorite levels in gaming: Super Mario 64's Lethal Lava Land! Since this is my first attempt at doing such a stage, I only attempted to get to the volcano point as well as the inside of the volcano. It has the two paths, the elevator to the left and the platforming on the right, but they both lead to the same place because I had to end the level somehow. Also the volcano erupts. Have fun and beware the flattening wall!

And, to make room to upload it, I got rid of the "Keep Flying" stage. That wasn't my best work.

5D88-0000-00F0-6FAE

Edited by Power Master

Here's a new level I made:

9C43-0000-00F3-A038

It's a moving platform level, with ParaKoopas, Piranhas, and three Bowsers blocking your way. It's moderately hard, but it can range from easy to super hard whether the Bowsers choose to troll you or not. There's plenty of Fire power to fight back, though.

Since I've recently got 300 Stars and had my level upload limit increase to 40, I've uploaded 10 more levels (6 Brand New that I haven't uploaded before, and 4 that are generally levels I've previously uploaded but took down and replaced with other levels):

Good Luck Finding the Exit!!: 0396-0000-00F5-91EF

Upside Down SMB1 World 1-1: AF7D-0000-00F5-5B09

Super Mario World Donut Secret 2: E7CC-0000-00F5-4511

Super Mario Bros. 3 World 1-2: C720-0000-00f5-39DC

Conveyor Belt Craziness: 4049-0000-00F5-3009

Beginner Ghost House: CC44-0000-00F4-F99A

Re-Uploads:

Precision Item Drops: A0EC-0000-00F4-E063

I Dunno How My Bros Beat This...: 82BF-0000-00F4-E089

Not a Pipe Dream: 0616-0000-00F4-E0BD

This Looks Too Familiar...: E19C-0000-00F4-FED8

Well, Bowser's Super Castle got deleted somehow, so I reuploaded "Where's the Exit?"

Since I've recently got 300 Stars and had my level upload limit increase to 40, I've uploaded 10 more levels (6 Brand New that I haven't uploaded before, and 4 that are generally levels I've previously uploaded but took down and replaced with other levels):

Good Luck Finding the Exit!!: 0396-0000-00F5-91EF

I couldn't.

Upside Down SMB1 World 1-1: AF7D-0000-00F5-5B09

Nice take on a classic level. Good job!

I Dunno How My Bros Beat This...: 82BF-0000-00F4-E089

I don't know, either.

This Looks Too Familiar...: E19C-0000-00F4-FED8

I died by accidentally wall jumping off the first pipe into the Boo. Don't know how I managed that, but I rage quit the level there. Just wasn't feeling it today, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any tips for the souped-up fly minigame? I want all the costumes, but this is hard.

Give in and give up. The reward is not nearly worth the frustration. F-Zero GX's Story Mode on Very Hard was better than this.

I'll give you a better answer. Just keep trying. Work out a strategy, watch videos on it, etc. If getting all the costumes is what you want to do, then go for it.

Take out the bigger flies that appear in round 2. Those ones spit out around 10 little gnats that add to the count and make you have to fight those to progress. As soon as the bigger fly (I don't know it's name. It's yellow, you'll see it) appears on screen, get rid of it.

On round 3 or the boss round, if you will, flying Bob-Ombs will appear throughout the battle. If they explode, they reduce your time by 5 or 10 seconds. So take them out quickly. As far as I know, there's no secret to getting rid of the mechanical boss easily other than keep tapping it quickly, but I could be wrong...

Also, if you don't know this already, you can shake a Muncher if you want to jump right into the mini-game, then attack the three flies that appear. Good luck!