Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

I've finally unlocked all 100 Mystery Mushroom Costumes in Super Mario Maker!!

To celebrate, I decided to upload a level where people online can use all 100 Mystery Mushroom costumes: 0BFA-0000-00C3-2C99

It's a shame that people can't download that course, make their own level using any of the 100 Mystery Mushrooms, then upload it online to save them the trouble of unlocking all of them/a specific one they want, but hopefully they'll be okay with making offline levels with access to every Mystery Mushroom.

On a side note, I intentionally used the Bowser's Castle setting so that people lucky enough to get my level in the 100 Mario Challenge (as the last level) will get the opportunity to pick a character and see how Peach reacts to being rescued by them. Admittingly, most characters Peach will give a generic response to, but it'll be nice to see which characters she has special quotes for.

I know that Mario, Peach, Toad, and Bowser have special quotes for their Peach rescue, while every non-Mario universe character has generic responses (even Ashley from WarioWare has a generic response). I want to see if Luigi, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, and Bowser Jr. have special responses from Peach, though sadly I'd either need to get really lucky with the levels I get, keep pressing Select at the final level until I get a level that has a costume of one of them, or see if anyone's compiled Peach response quotes online (I sadly haven't had any luck with the 3rd one, unless I've been searching the wrong terms...).

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice I'll try these tonight along with the one you posted earlier.

Also, yes, some amiibos have special quotes, but not to Peach, but to Toad. Upon clearing 10-Mario Challenge as Peach, Bowser, or Toad, the captured Toad will respond accordingly. Any other costume will result in a generic "Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!" saying. As far as I know (and as far as the wikis say) Peach doesn't say anything special if you rescue her as Costume Mario, even as Bowser, Toad, Luigi, or another Peach.

It would be interesting, though, to see how she reacts to Link. Or if the sprite for Peach was swapped based on the character you are (for example, Zelda would be in Peach's place if Mario was Link).

Also, yes, some amiibos have special quotes, but not to Peach, but to Toad. Upon clearing 10-Mario Challenge as Peach, Bowser, or Toad, the captured Toad will respond accordingly. Any other costume will result in a generic "Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!" saying. As far as I know (and as far as the wikis say) Peach doesn't say anything special if you rescue her as Costume Mario, even as Bowser, Toad, Luigi, or another Peach.

If you look up my screenshots in my Miiverse profile (just search any of my levels, go on the Miiverse comments of my level, and select my profile, then my album), you'll see that I was actually able to save screen captures of Peach having special quotes for when Bowser and Toad rescue her. Also, Toad/Peach will actually have a different quote to Mario with most Mystery Mushroom Costumes, and Toad/Peach definitely doesn't say Mario when you've got someone like Ganondorf or Ashley rescuing her. I even have a screenshot of Ashley rescuing Peach in my Miiverse screenshot album if you want to see for yourself.

There have also been reports of Toad saying to a player Toad "Captain! Bowser has taken the princess to another castle!" and Peach making comments about rescuing herself if the player is under the effect of a Peach Mystery Mushroom.

If you look up my screenshots in my Miiverse profile (just search any of my levels, go on the Miiverse comments of my level, and select my profile, then my album), you'll see that I was actually able to save screen captures of Peach having special quotes for when Bowser and Toad rescue her. Also, Toad/Peach will actually have a different quote to Mario with most Mystery Mushroom Costumes, and Toad/Peach definitely doesn't say Mario when you've got someone like Ganondorf or Ashley rescuing her. I even have a screenshot of Ashley rescuing Peach in my Miiverse screenshot album if you want to see for yourself.

There have also been reports of Toad saying to a player Toad "Captain! Bowser has taken the princess to another castle!" and Peach making comments about rescuing herself if the player is under the effect of a Peach Mystery Mushroom.

My bad. I obviously didn't clear the 10-Mario or 100-Mario challenge as Costume Mario enough. I was just going off of what the wikis told me. XP

I did play your amiibo level, though. It would be a nice break from a challenge, but I doubt it'll show up on anything higher than "Easy" seeing as it is easy to complete. I myself have not unlocked them all yet, but I'm working on it.

@Sunwoo

They were some fun levels! On the "Impossible to Lose" one (forget the name atm, forgot to write it down...Unless that is the name?), I did try to lose, until the springboard ruined my fun. I have tried to replicate the invisible block glitch myself, but couldn't get it down.

Keep it going you two! I'm out of creative ideas right now, but I'll make some more levels...at some point :)

New Update on November 4th, 2015

- Checkpoints are now added. Shake the Arrow item to get it. If you include a checkpoint, you have to also beat the level from the checkpoint onwards in order to upload it. So no placing them in death areas.

- You can now implement a regular mushroom into another powerup so that when you are small mario you actually get a regular mushroom instead

- A more challenging Gnat attack has been added if you so desire to battle.

- Official courses made by Nintendo are being added

- Event Courses are added for special occassions.

Edited by kingddd

I'll be honest, I was not looking forward to an update. I think the game was fine on it's own. That and I feel gamers are getting spoiled with patches and DLC nowadays

That doesn't mean I'm not gonna like it, though. All it is is little twerks to the main game while allowing us to play some of Nintendo's stages!

- Checkpoints are now added. Shake the Arrow item to get it. If you include a checkpoint, you have to also beat the level from the checkpoint onwards in order to upload it. So no placing them in death areas.

Does this mean we have to beat our stages twice? Once from the start and again from the checkpoint?

Probably only if you have a checkpoint, which is fair. I'm glad I no longer have to design shorter courses than how I would intend. It's frustrating to play a super long course and having to start from the beginning again, so this is a great update. Slopes and ice flower though...

Does this mean we have to beat our stages twice? Once from the start and again from the checkpoint?

Yes. You must beat your stage from every checkpoint you place. The worst that could happen is that the player has to go backward to grab a required item, but I think the benefits of checkpoints override the occasional troll-point.

I'm quite happy about Mushroom/Fire Flower boxes, as I always wanted to use them in my levels. It will also make my NSMB 5-2 and 7-6 remakes more accurate (So I won't be uploading them for a couple weeks.)

If you delete a level and re-upload it, do you keep the stars you got?

Nevermind, I got the answer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/3kte42/psa_you_can_delete_a_course_from_your_uploaded/

It even has some advice -

Make automatic courses

Rack up stars

Delete levels to save your reputation

???

Profit

Well, I'm off to make some starbait stages. At least I can delete them later to destroy the evil I create.

If you delete a level and re-upload it, do you keep the stars you got?

Nevermind, I got the answer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/3kte42/psa_you_can_delete_a_course_from_your_uploaded/

It even has some advice -

Make automatic courses

Rack up stars

Delete levels to save your reputation

???

Profit

Well, I'm off to make some starbait stages. At least I can delete them later to destroy the evil I create.

Hold on. You tell people not to make autocourses, and now you're going to make some to get a whole bunch of stars? What the hell?

Oh no. Auto-course take too long to make.

Test Your Luck! 7AC8-0000-00C8-7FAD

It's like gambling, but you gain money instead of lose it!

Ice Breaker B41A-0000-00C8-82B7

This course has some challenging elements and a shortcut.

I do have another auto course called Auto aiimbo Run 2, but I forgot to write down the code :P So until I edit this post with the code, just type in other of mine, look at my profile, and it should be the first one that pops up.

EDIT: The code is 9445-0000-00C8-8620

Edited by Power Master

Before the update, I've uploaded a few shorter courses that don't need checkpoints. Enjoy.

Spring Bounce Castle B6AC-0000-00D6-E01C

Bounce on springs to reach the end.

Blitz Battle B359-0000-00D6-DAD0

There are many ways to damage Bowser in this fast paced battle. Spin jumps are very useful. If you lose your spiny hat, get another one.

Dig Deep 65EC-0000-00D4-D650

This underground course features extensive ground pounding and brick destroying action. If you need a mushroom, return to the top.

EDIT: Thank's for your feedback, Power Master. I've "fixed" Spring Bounce Castle and Blitz Battle.

Edited by Zera

Before the update, I've uploaded a few shorter courses that don't need checkpoints. Enjoy.

Spring Bounce Castle C3BF-0000-00D4-D326

Bounce on springs to reach the end. Don't worry, it's not one of THOSE levels.

Blitz Battle 556C-0000-00D4-D3FD

There are many ways to damage Bowser in this fast paced battle. Spin jumps are very useful. If you lose your spiny hat, get another one.

Dig Deep 65EC-0000-00D4-D650

This underground course features extensive ground pounding and brick destroying action. If you need a mushroom, return to the top.

The only one I couldn't beat was the first one. The ending kept doing me in.

I just jumped over Bowser in the Blitz Battle.

I liked the Dig Deep one the most. I especially liked the Bob-Omb portion of the level.

As for me, I made a new stage full of vertically challenged...challenges! Starring Waluigi! 87E9-0000-00D6-662F

The rate at which certain items despawn is really annoying. Totally killed an idea for a level I had.

Nevertheless, I have some other ideas that should work, so I'm back to building. Checkpoints are going to be really nice.

For any of you who were interested in my levels (and anyone else, I guess), I've refined and re-uploaded the following levels based on feedback and my own ideas:

Samus Time!: 7807-0000-00DA-6BFB

Fly High Rosalina!: EBDF-0000-00DA-6D2F

Fetch: 26AC-0000-00DB-3AD4

I also took down Floor Hazard entirely because that was a bad level and I don't even want people playing it.

I'm working on a new puzzle-based level. I think it's turning out pretty well so far.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox, I played your level "Castle Crush 1/2" It seems you were trying to make a level like 5-Tower from NSMB, but forgot that Mario stays in the center of the camera and not the bottom.

1. Do not put spikes directly above the doorway in a level focused on vertical movement.

2. The second spike top forces the player off the platform, which kills the theme.

3. Some of the falling goombas force the player to stay in the exact center of the platform without any telegraphing.

3. It is more than possible to bounce off the hammer bro into an offscreen spiny.

4. I'm on your three-block-wide platform, right? So two spinies board it, as pre-ordained by your level design. But right before I spin jump, a third one falls out of nowhere directly on top of me, with no reaction time whatsoever. That's not just cheap, it's 100% trial and error. At this point your level makes Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing look fun. I recommend you destroy your level, play 5-Tower from NSMB a few times, and start over from scratch.

2/10

"Samus Time"

1. You have the player make a leap of faith and land on a blue platform that kills them in like one second. The player should always see the next platform before they jump, and especially if it's not solid ground.

2. Your flagpole forces the player to use the mystery costume, so they can't make mistakes for the second half of the level. But if that's the case, why not be like most creators and offer the powerup at the end instead?

6/10

"Fly High Rosalina!"

No significant flaws. 8/10

"Fetch"

1. My instinct to "go left" after grabbing the star left my permanently stuck above the start point.

2. Ah, an extra mushroom just after getting hurt. Thanks!

3. But then the bill blaster fired a spring at me, launching me into the grinders...

5. Got permanently stuck above the spring blaster...

6. The spike top bounce under a ceiling is a novel obstacle that is guaranteed to screw up many players. Add platforms underneath or a checkpoint.

7. The Yoshi chase is sudden and by the time I figured out what was going on I already lost him. Definitely add a checkpoint.

8. Without arrow signs, your level literally lacks direction. Many times I was led astray by one way gates, many of which serve no apparent purpose.

9. Really, this level is just sloppy and confusing in general. It's not fun. 4/10

Edited by Zera

Red Fox, I played your level "Castle Crush 1/2" It seems you were trying to make a level like 5-Tower from NSMB, but forgot that Mario stays in the center of the camera and not the bottom.

It's...not. I mean, I guess it is conceptually similar, but it's a recreation of the level of the same name from Donkey Kong Country 2 (without the 1/2 and 2/2, naturally).

That's not just cheap, it's 100% trial and error. At this point your level makes Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing look fun. I recommend you destroy your level, play 5-Tower from NSMB a few times, and start over from scratch.

This is not even criticism. If you want me to take you at all seriously, refrain from such childish remarks.

For the record, I don't disagree with some of your actual criticisms. Unlike the others, this one hasn't been edited since uploaded, so there are bound to be some things missed. Please stick to the real criticisms.

1. My instinct to "go left" after grabbing the star left my permanently stuck above the start point.

You can see this beforehand. I specifically designed the level so that when you jump up at first, you will make a slight pause to hit the first block, at which point you can see the dead end to the left above. You'll also hear the thwomp even if you don't see it and you'll see the spikes when jumping up to get onto the moving platform. Why would going left there be your instinct anyway? That makes no sense. There is very clearly an area to the right that requires the star to get through, and the natural instinct of any level is to go right..

5. Got permanently stuck above the spring blaster...

Literally how? There is wall on top of it.

6. The spike top bounce under a ceiling is a novel obstacle that is guaranteed to screw up many players. Add platforms underneath or a checkpoint.

There is a checkpoint in the level...before this part, in fact. Unless I made some oversight, you literally can't get to this part without reaching the checkpoint first unless you damage boost.

I initially did have spikes beneath, but I found players would just damage boost through while holding the P switch, so I got rid of them.

7. The Yoshi chase is sudden and by the time I figured out what was going on I already lost him. Definitely add a checkpoint.

That's why everything important in this level comes out of a pipe and reset doors exist; if you don't die, you can try again.

8. Without arrow signs, your level literally lacks direction. Many times I was led astray by one way gates, many of which serve no apparent purpose.

All of the one-way gates, save maybe one or two, serve a purpose. Due to the setup of the level, it's necessary to put the player on one path going right, and then prevent them from taking the same path back.

I considered using arrows, but in most cases there's only one way you even can go. Plus, I'm not big on hand-holding. This is a puzzle level. Figure it out.

9. Really, this level is just sloppy and confusing in general. It's not fun. 4/10

You're free to your opinion, but some of these criticisms are not well thought out.

Been a while since I made a level:

04B3-0000-00DB-0B82: A short level, but may take a while to beat since it's based on the "Kamek uses his magic to destroy blocks" gimmick to move forward. You do get plenty of power-ups, though, which makes it easier to get through.