Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's cool! Thanks for the tip, Jedi. :D

How did some people make giant enemies, btw? I still don't know that one...

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, okay. Fire enemies would be a challenge to beat. lol

I hope an update makes you able to do the rotating land wheels in NSMB games or slopes. And change the background to be forest or something, I know SMW had forests and other backgrounds that don't exist in Mario Maker. Or make the ground chocolate-colored like that one area of SMW.

Finally got this game!

If anyone's interested in a course that has tons of secret areas, hidden goodies, and a couple puzzles, check out "Mine of Secrets" 2D2B 0000 008D 6BBE

I think I might upload one later too, it'll be called "Actual Plumbing." It's a tough one.

Edited by Knight

...Oh. Ugh, don't worry, I actually kind of suck at picking up jokes, especially over the internet (because text...). ._.

Oh, no, it isn't a thing! It was a sad attempt a humor (dry humor absolutely IS my favorite! <3) only discernible by the winky face I made my Mii have, which, unfortunately due to his awkward design (I'm so proud of him ^_^) makes it impossible to tell what he's doing! Gah! Failure all around!

Here are two really fun size switching levels that I made:

The Puzzling Size Switch Mansion: 13C6-0000-0099-EEF9 (Moderately Hard in both puzzles and enemy density/layout)

The Big Small Caverns: 22FE-0000-0099-FD57 (Easy to Moderate, basically a linear version of the above with a lot less puzzles)

Here are some remakes of classic Mario levels that I recently made:

Upside Down SMB World 1-2: 6D2C-0000-009C-282D (Just like the title says. Of course, adjustments were made to make the level possible)

SMB Lost Levels World 1-1: ADE7-0000-009C-49FE (It's the first level of Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels that I recreated block by block, bush by bush, and tree by tree. I did replace the poison mushroom with a suitable replacement due to poison mushrooms not being available. Also, for those wanting Luigi mode, there's a hidden Luigi mushroom near the start)

SMB2 World 1-2: 4CB0-0000-009C-9DCB (A remake of World 1-2 from Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA). I adjusted elements accordingly if the Mario Maker mechanics didn't allow for it)

And here are some miscellaneous levels (some of them might be re-uploads from me removing levels for more space before):

A Bombastic Bowser Battle: 111C-0000-0095-0B9E (It's a straight out Boss Level where you throw Bowser's Bombs back at him. Sadly I don't know of any way to lower his HP, so the battle will be kind of tedious in how many hits Bowser takes before dying)

This Time the Clear Rate is 100%!!: 1D71-0000-0099-EF41 (I honestly only made this level to see if any trolls would keep running left for 500 seconds to troll me and spite my 100% Clear Rate I'm planning to get in this level)

Fun With The Giant Mushroom: 1911-0000-0094-FF3F (This is mostly for those people who can't get the Giant Mushroom due to not having the amiibo. You get to see what most of the enemies look like in Giant Mushroom Mode and wreak havoc on lots of block structures)

Precision Item Drops: CB49-0000-0094-FE70 (It's a moderate level puzzle based level)

Podoboo Puzzles (Really Hard): A3EE-0000-0094-FF8A (I'll be impressed if any of you on SF can defeat this)

Edited by Randoman

This is my first attempt at a longer stage which makes use of a sub-level: A2DD-0000-009B-BC3A

Bowser's First Castle is a lot harder than I remember... have a star!

Here are my first two uploaded levels -

Danger Rising: E496-0000-009A-1573

Torpedo Time!: BF56-0000-009A-2D4F

I'll have much more interesting levels once I unlock everything, but those should be fun.

Edited by Zera

@MJThom_2009: The walljumping is repetitive, the vine climbing requires no skill at all, and the absurdly strict time limit is not fun for a 30+ second level. Also, if Mario walljumps while holding the run button, it is possible to grab the switch without landing on the platform, dooming the player. For these four flaws, I rate your level 6/10 (No star).

To fix your level, do the following:

1. Have some variety in the wall jumps. Literally any.

2. Make Mario climb vines sideways to avoid some mines, or something. Anything that isn't just "hold the up button".

3. Add 5 or 10 seconds to the time limit. It will still feel intense without cheating players who didn't miss a jump.

4. Fix the switch problem I mentioned earlier.

Oh, and one last thing... Don't name your stage "Ninja Warrior Final Stage ver1.1". Instead, just name it "Ninja Warrior". In fact, don't even do that, as I've already played a stage called "Italian Ninja Warrior" (The code for it is 7E7C-0000-0099-7F6F).

Edited by Zera

@MJThom_2009: The walljumping is repetitive, the vine climbing requires no skill at all, and the absurdly strict time limit is not fun for a 30+ second level. Also, if Mario walljumps while holding the run button, it is possible to grab the switch without landing on the platform, dooming the player. For these four flaws, I rate your level 6/10 (No star).

To fix your level, do the following:

1. Have some variety in the wall jumps. Literally any.

2. Make Mario climb vines sideways to avoid some mines, or something. Anything that isn't just "hold the up button".

3. Add 5 or 10 seconds to the time limit. It will still feel intense without cheating players who didn't miss a jump.

4. Fix the switch problem I mentioned earlier.

Oh, and one last thing... Don't name your stage "Ninja Warrior Final Stage ver1.1". Instead, just name it "Ninja Warrior". In fact, don't even do that, as I've already played a stage called "Italian Ninja Warrior" (The code for it is 7E7C-0000-0099-7F6F).

there was a 1.0 but someone cheat the vine part and I didnt think this through, the way u climb depends on how u do it so there's no problem, and the time limit has to be that short just like on the show

Zera, can you be anymore rude? Simply saying my Gold Rush level is too sloppy and that's it? If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to insult it like that. Don't comment on my levels if you're not going to be nice or constructive.

The point of this thread here is to post the codes of your SMM levels and share them with others. Be nice here. Everyone has there own creative levels and others are still trying to learn how the game works. If you don't like the level, that's fine, but don't publicly insult the level or tell them "Do this to make it work better," especially in the comments of the person's stage, as more people see those there than they do here on SF. If you wanna give insight on a level, do so in a private message or something. And please don't tell people to rename their level.

Please be nice here, people. I don't wanna have to report my own thread...

Here's a more polished up and refined version of "Trials of the Retrio": 6423-0000-00A4-4DDF

I changed the path unlocking mechanisms so that they don't require hurting yourself. I consider it quite genius and am really proud of how I came up with a way to make all 3 paths able to be done in any order, yet they still must all be done to reach the exit. And this time, I made it so that the player absolutely has to open up part of the pathway to the exit, and they can't even skip triggering the bomb explosion opening up part of the path no matter what. I also made R.O.B.'s path harder since no one died there while 15 or so deaths happened on Duck Hunt and Game & Watch's paths. Game & Watch's path was also completely revised since I realized my former version of it hardly referenced his original games. The new version now heavily refers to Helmet and Turtle Bridge, as opposed to the former version which was a very vague representation of Turtle Bridge.

@Anacybele: I called Gold Rush sloppy because that's what it is to me. But it had to be done. Look at your repetitive coin level, then look at this official sample level -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZva1fZ3eo

This contains things like variety, creativity, and effort. Your level is mediocre by comparison.

Your level might have had some potential (I liked the use of the Gold Mario costume), but I should also mention there's this game called New Super Mario Bros. 2, which is literally MADE of high quality coin levels! Your level was doomed from the start.

I did play some of your other courses. Dark Hyrule Castle and In The Sky were pretty good.

@Randoman:

Trials of the Retrio is awesome!

This better have a 100% clearate... is not awesome at all.

Abandoned Forest Warehouse is incredibly good... except the real exit is in what looks like a bottomless pit. Nintendo would not do that.

Edited by Zera