Corocoro Leak(Spoilers)

Ether

That GreninjAsh, I hope it's an anime-only thing. Probably, considering Ash does not exist in the game storyline canon.

Not really inspired by much here, to be honest. Every Pokemon game for me since, and including, Gen 4 has been lacklustre for me. Not even Alpha Sapphire did enough for me to keep playing after I'd captured Deoxys.

But Soul Silver was neat, at least.

Very doubtul, considering this is continuing the Norse mythology thing going - Zygarde's original form is based on Jörmungandr, which is one of Loki's three children, the other two being Fenrir the wolf and Hel, the ruler of the underworld.

This is interesting, and a very neat inspiration, but they never really address it in game and Norse mythology is not exactly widely known. I still wish there was more going on thematically with Zygarde's formes. At least Xerneas and Yveltal resembled the letters X and Y, and 50% Zygarde resembled a Z, which was neat. Plus the whole cell thing doesn't seem to really mesh with the Norse theme at all. Seems kinda slapped on top to be the "next Kyurem".

This is interesting, and a very neat inspiration, but they never really address it in game and Norse mythology is not exactly widely known. I still wish there was more going on thematically with Zygarde's formes. At least Xerneas and Yveltal resembled the letters X and Y, and 50% Zygarde resembled a Z, which was neat. Plus the whole cell thing doesn't seem to really mesh with the Norse theme at all. Seems kinda slapped on top to be the "next Kyurem".

While this may be the case, I do want to add that both Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Yggdrasil (or, to be more specific, four stags and an eagle that resided in Yggdrasil. This picture depicts Yggdrasil, and a said creatures can be shown). Zygarde in this instance is also the dragon that is under the tree, which is Nidhogg. All of this is from Norse Mythology. It's also important to note that there is an unreleased move are unreleased moves that only Zygarde can learn: Land's Wrath Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows, meaning Game Freak had future plans for Zygarde back when X and Y were in development. Zygarde's body has also cell-like patterns on it, so I don't think it's a coincidence Zygarde now has a Cell forme

I want to say this was all planned from the get-go, and that 50% Zygarde was inspired by both Nidhogg and Jormungand

Edited by DodgeDusk

It's also important to note that there is an unreleased move that only Zygarde can learn: Land's Wrath, meaning Game Freak had future plans for Zygarde back when X and Y were in development.

But Zygarde has always been able to learn Land's Wrath, even in XY. It learns the move at the same time that Xerneas and Yveltal learn their signature moves. (Lv. 26)

By the time you do catch it at Lv. 70, it has already forgotten said signature move. You'll have to take it to the Move Relearner to teach it Land's Wrath again.

Edited by Kiseki

But Zygarde has always been able to learn Land's Wrath, even in XY. It learns the move at the same time that Xerneas and Yveltal learn their signature moves. (Lv. 26)

By the time you do catch it at Lv. 70, it has already forgotten said signature move.

I think he was referring to Zygarde's other signature moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.

By the time you do catch it at Lv. 70, it has already forgotten said signature move. You'll have to take it to the Move Relearner to teach it Land's Wrath again.

I think he was referring to Zygarde's other signature moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.

Yes, I meant those moves! Sorry about that. I knew Zygarde had at least one unreleased move, but I couldn't remember the names from the top of my head. Land's Wrath just happened to come to my head first. Again, sorry

Zygarde's 100% forme doesn't really remind me too much of Hel, Hel is feminine and has a lot of distinguishing details, such as half her face being blue.

I don't like making comparisons such as these, but in Fate/Stay Night, a main character is literally a genderbent King Arthur which is explained with a needlessly complicated backstory which really deviates from the legend. In the Shin Megami Tensei series, gods and spirits usually look very different from other illustrations of them, but with a few shared traits. What I mean is, it's very, very common to do things like that in the Japanese anime and video game industry.

Besides, don't forget that half the side of Perfect Zygarde has blue lines.

Edited by Thane

Some new information pulled from Serebii.net:

Following the leak in CoroCoro, the official reveal for the new Zygarde forms has come. Most of the forms keep their name, but Zygarde Perfect Forme is to be called Zygarde Complete Forme in the west. It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.
Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!
Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.
Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!
Edit @ 03:09: The first trailer for the anime has been released

Well,of course Ash would get something special with Greninja.I wonder if the other bond-transformation thing is between AZ and his Floette.That's just an idea,though.

It would be cool if Zygarde was an intelligent Pokemon, like an actual villain, and the main villain.

So,kinda like a smart,evil Meowth?

Isn't Zygarde the protector of the ecosystem though? So if it were our enemy, wouldn't we somehow be destroying the ecosystem?

Maybe Zygarde is going all Greenpeace on humanity, I don't know. Or maybe the game can thematically represent how humanity is more and more controlling nature. Zygarde desperately tries to regain control of its dominion, only to find that humanity has irreversibly surpassed legendaries, and is now free to stuff literal deities into wormholes and force them to take part in beauty contests. Woodrow Wilson would be somehow involved too. :D

So, do we all think there'll be a Pokémon Z, and if so when? Surely they wouldn't use an already-known legendary Pokémon with a new form as a mascot for the next generation? However, since they won't release two main series Pokémon games within the same year, wouldn't that make the gap between the sixth and seventh generation larger than usual?

Dammit, I want to go back to guessing the secondary typings of the starter Pokémon!

So, do we all think there'll be a Pokémon Z, and if so when? Surely they wouldn't use an already-known legendary Pokémon with a new form as a mascot for the next generation? However, since they won't release two main series Pokémon games within the same year, wouldn't that make the gap between the sixth and seventh generation larger than usual?

Dammit, I want to go back to guessing the secondary typings of the starter Pokémon!

Gen V was quite short (less than 2 years between BW ad BW2's release), so that may be what gives you this expression.

A generation is generally 2-3 years (only counting main games release date here)

The last Game of Gen IV (HGSS) was 3 years after DP., which had be the most so far.

So if we have something by the end of 2016, it would be fitting with the trend.

Which would mean Gen VII for 2017 is a reasonable prediction.

Edited by Tamanoir

I still think there's a chance we'll have sequels instead of a Pokemon Z due to how predictable and obvious a Pokemon Z would be. I mean, look at how many people expected to see a Pokemon Gray when BW came out...

I still think there's a chance we'll have sequels instead of a Pokemon Z due to how predictable and obvious a Pokemon Z would be. I mean, look at how many people expected to see a Pokemon Gray when BW came out...

I'm imagining it will go both ways: Pokemon Z being a sequel.

• 4 weeks later...