I'm outta here

Deity

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh....gay marriage isn't that wrong...

Just as long as it isn't forced. If a guy were to force me to marry him, I'd set a new record of a divorce. Otherwise, they can feel free to do whatever they want, just as long as it's to each other.

Edited by Falco

Censoring books is limiting people's freedom of speech and press, getting rid of an authority figure that is abusing power, or punishing them for doing so is not eliminating anyone's freedom.
Eh
Just as long as it isn't forced. If a guy were to force me to marry him, I'd set a new record of a divorce. Otherwise, they can feel free to do whatever they want, just as long as it's to each other.
Straight marriage ain't, so gay marriage wouldn't be.

Think of it this way Matt.

If I tell you that you can't read something, I'm taking away you freedom of speech and press, because I'm refusing to let you read a published work because I found it offensive. That is unlawful.

However if I find it offensive that an authority figure is abusing power, and I want them removed, that is acceptable as long as they are indeed using their powers as not intended. That's impeachment, perfectly legal and valid. I'm not taking away anyone's freedoms.

lol, neither do i, i didnt read the whole book, just the last chapter

Yeah I read it for English last year.

Fun fact. For the past four years I've stolen a book from my English teacher. Seventh grade I stole some gay Wizard of Oz book. Eight Grade I stole the Third Artims Foul book. Ninth grade I stole some reaserch books which I sold. And Last year I stole "The Mayor of Casterbridge" which I have to say was the best one of the bunch

I only report what I find offensive or wrong. So every report from me is an offensive one.

If one person is offended, then it's offensive, no question about it.

You're relating that to someone who is offended by authority figures abusing power?

Why not just say gay marriage is as bad as rape and murder because they are all sins?

They burned the books because they were offensive to even one person.

Also, why not just say that all other religions are retarded and to limit everything that's said in every thread to Christianity? Comparing sins is retarded because not everyone agrees that gay marriage is bad, thus making your comparison null to people who don't agree with you on religion.

Yeah I read it for English last year.

Fun fact. For the past four years I've stolen a book from my English teacher. Seventh grade I stole some gay Wizard of Oz book. Eight Grade I stole the Third Artims Foul book. Ninth grade I stole some reaserch books which I sold. And Last year I stole "The Mayor of Casterbridge" which I have to say was the best one of the bunch

wait wait wait wait wait, i had to read that book in 7th grade and you read it in 10th???

They burned the books because they were offensive to even one person.

Also, why not just say that all other religions are retarded and to limit everything that's said in every thread to Christianity? Comparing sins is retarded because not everyone agrees that gay marriage is bad, thus making your comparison null to people who don't agree with you on religion.

You obviously missed the point.

The point was not everyone thought it was bad. Thus why I used the comparison of sins, because not everyone agrees with them, which was part of the argument.

I also NEVER said that just because I was offended that action had to be taken, I said that action can be taken.

Edited by Cynthia

Okay. *Kisses Arc's ass* Who's next?

Now....;

POST THE GOSH DAMN MOTHERFUCKING MAGIC STORY PLEASE!

Now Matt what did we say about using His name in vein?

Well Cynthia you makes sense, but Arc is a nice Mod, along with Fox and the eye-opener Hanz.

wait wait wait wait wait, i had to read that book in 7th grade and you read it in 10th???

Guess it depends on your region, my sister, who's in honors English, had to read it too. Me and my siblings (I'm a triplet) are in the 10th Grade.

Now Matt what did we say about using His name in vein?

Vein? How can you stick the Lord Almighty's name into your blood vessals?

Anyway, if we're now talking about Moderators, they're doing a good job, but I think three is a bit on the small side.

I never said he was a bad mod.

*FEFL needs to read the beginning of the topic*

@Kintenbo-What do people say then? My church says not to use his name in vien (Maybe its spelled that way). Are you saying you've never heard that "expression" before?

Edited by FEFL