Save Files

CaitlynMellark

I have myself a few questions here.

1. If someone were to get Birthright & Conquest on cartridges (no download), & then bought IK on one (which would add 3 save files for that path), if you switched to a different cartridge, would the IK saves still be there? If so, would they have the exact same files as the last cartridge?

Example: Buy Conquest & Birthright. Buy IK on the Conquest cartridge. Start an IK save on one of the three new save files. Switch to Birthright. Is the file I saved on IK still there? Do the three extra saves even transfer?

2. How do I delete threads? I have asked the main owner of this place & haven't recieved an answer. Thanks.

I have both physical cartridges and bought the DLC.

The DLC only gives you three save files, the exact same save files will appear in both cartridges, no matter which version you buy it on ~

Kinda sucks, so I'm just using my Nohr cartridge for IK as well ~

That's a good question

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/25/fire-emblem-fates-third-scenario-will-release-in-july/

MwLTUE.png

Looks here that three additional saves will be added for each story purchase. It's great since i'm only getting the Conquest cart.

Edited by Oboro

I have both physical cartridges and bought the DLC.

The DLC only gives you three save files, the exact same save files will appear in both cartridges, no matter which version you buy it on ~

Kinda sucks, so I'm just using my Nohr cartridge for IK as well ~

That's pretty good though. I mean, I am a lazy person, so having to not switch to be able to access my IK file would be handy.

I have a quick question about this too.

I was planning on buying the physical cartridge of Nohr, then downloading Hoshido and eventually Invisible Kingdom. Will I get nine save slots once I download the DLC?

Also, if I buy the physical cartridge of Nohr, I can immediately download Hoshido right? I was planning on playing Hoshido first, but I want the Nohrian aesthetic, since the opening FMV differs depending on what version you have.

I have a quick question about this too.

I was planning on buying the physical cartridge of Nohr, then downloading Hoshido and eventually Invisible Kingdom. Will I get nine save slots once I download the DLC?

Also, if I buy the physical cartridge of Nohr, I can immediately download Hoshido right? I was planning on playing Hoshido first, but I want the Nohrian aesthetic, since the opening FMV differs depending on what version you have.

The only definite I know is that if you have Nohr, then download the other two routes, you will have nine save files (you gain 3 every path you download but you cannot download the route you are playing at that moment)

Has this been confirmed? It doesn't make a lot of logical sense... ._.

well IK is DLC, which is set to recognize system, not cartridge. thus in Awakening, I can use my friend's cartridge and access the DLC as well on my 3DS. the save files aren't saved on cartridge either so could work the same way

The only definite I know is that if you have Nohr, then download the other two routes, you will have nine save files (you gain 3 every path you download but you cannot download the route you are playing at that moment)

Ok, so when the game releases in the US and I buy Nohr, I can immediately purchase Hoshido and start playing it?

Ok, so when the game releases in the US and I buy Nohr, I can immediately purchase Hoshido and start playing it?

I'm not sure.

I don't know if the menu used to access it is accessible right at the beginning.

Well the game won't diverge until Chapter 6, so you'll have to get there, of course. But yes, at that point you'll be able to choose Hoshido.

Well the game won't diverge until Chapter 6, so you'll have to get there, of course. But yes, at that point you'll be able to choose Hoshido.

Awesome! I can have my Nohr aesthetic for the opening FMV and start off on the "easier" path to get used to the new mechanics and weapon triangle.

I have a question on this as well. My friend and I are planning to buy one side of the physical copies (so she's going to get Conquest and I'm going to get Birthright). We're just going to switch the cartridges after we both finish our respective part of the game.

So I was wondering if my save file will show up when she puts it in her 3DS? Because I usually make multiple save files, but if it will show in hers than I'll have to just stick with one.

Also, if I end up buying IK will it show when she uses the cartridge?

I'm assuming all the answers are 'no' but I just wanted to make sure.

I have a question on this as well. My friend and I are planning to buy one side of the physical copies (so she's going to get Conquest and I'm going to get Birthright). We're just going to switch the cartridges after we both finish our respective part of the game.

So I was wondering if my save file will show up when she puts it in her 3DS? Because I usually make multiple save files, but if it will show in hers than I'll have to just stick with one.

I'm not certain on the first part, but on the second part; I don't think so. If she has IK, I don't know. But if she doesn't, she can't access your extra three files since IK is DLC.

cartridge saves are saved on cartridge, no SD card, thus should show up if you switch systems

And IK would stay on the SD card since it's a DLC path, right?

that would be correct ~

basically, if you buy Hoshido and your friend buys Nohr, and you BOTH buy the DLC on separate consoles,

once you swap cartridges, you'll keep your three IK save files and vice versa.

• 6 months later...

So I have a question I have both hard copies of fates if I start a new game on the other and get the dlc for the other will the save file transfer over (ex. Play and beat birthright and star conquest and buy dlc for birthright does the save files from birthright cross over ) cause I beat conquest and birthright and I'm starting ik on the birthright cartridge if I buy the conquest dlc path do the files transfer as well or not

Edited by juan garcia