FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

I mean I do have reads disco. I'm just lazy and don't generally voice out things.

Gut feelings don't like disco or boron or terrador. So I'm fine with that lynch. I feel really weird about it though. Iono, I just feel like something is gonna go wrong. If he does flip scum I'm gonna go and try to look over his wagon again cause something is really off.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for no replies (if you have an unanswered question for me, shoot), but a list post is better for expressing my thoughts.

TOWN

Refa- The most attractive.

Quote- N1 kill.

Disco Kawaii- Town after he started efforting. Not voting Terrador early on bothers me but it's relatively minor.

Cosmic Dude- Decent reads, active thought process, the works.

Marth- Thought about it some more and he's too confrontational for scum. Still would like him to address why he ignored Terrador and expand on his Boron read.

Knee- Having no scumreads until prompted is still bad, but I liked his reads/logic in his last two posts. Also biased here but I'd see scum!him reading me as scum and Kirsche as town.

NULL

Shinori- Preliminary reads are OK but needs more content for me to get a better handle on.

Roxas- I agree w/DK that him trying to prove that he's town seems genuine, it's just not telling enough for me.

Kirsche- His actual content has been OK (issues that Knee pointed out aside) but comes across as just posting enough to get by.

MAFIA

Dandragon- Bizz's scumread on him is good and I don't like how he completely dropped his prior scumread but it feels like a red herring.

Boron- Was feeling good about her earlier but she has the same issue as Kirsche where she's casing Marth for bad logic over scum intent. Higher than Kirsche because she did the same thing in past scum games.

Izhuark- I don't mind the Terrador defense but I don't make sense as a townread FHPOV when I've pushed Terrador more than any of the people he's complaining about. Dandragon vote is phoned in (his case on DK is much better), and he's complaining about lynching someone who hasn't been able to defend themselves when he's voting for someone who's uh likely to not defend himself. Um...yeah.

Terrador- Yes.

Also boron did actually react to terra throwing shade onto them. They mention in the post where they talk about why they are scumreading terra.

I moreso meant her not reacting immediately. I am aware that she later posted a reply about it.

Honestly I'm just like "whatever" about the terra wagon because it kinda just... happened? I know I defended him earlier but I don't think he's so townie that I need to defend against his lynch. The only thing is I get what people are saying about Terra viewing the thread but not posting but townies do the same thing too, when they're really busy with RL, so I don't really agree with that one.

Tbh I don't like dan's vote on terra because its really opportunistic. But I checked the other people on the wagon and tbh I'm townreading Cosmic since I thought his response to Refa's earlier vote on him was good and his reads are well explained.

I feel like Disco is more likely to be town since scum going all 'prod dodge' during RVS usually nets them attention and that's bad for scum. Also defending his prod dodge and being all "prod dodge aren't scummy when you think about" rarely comes from scum IMO.

not trying to be rude or anything but terra was on skype talking about an FE13 playthrough he was doing and he was on for hours man he could have had time to at least post like a "hey I'm not dead" in the thread??? he's been on skype like this whole time???

also at this point I'd just be willing to hammer. in a shit mood and Izuhark never responded to me and I'm ready to just end the day since it feels like we're stalling now and I'm just kinda spamming at this point.

I think Izhuark has basically just skimmed the thread and not really paid close attention to what people are saying. I myself said earlier that I'm hesitant about the Terrador lynch, and considering that they don't even have votes on him, I don't think Quote and Junko can be classified as hyper-aggressive, either. I kind of agree with his read on Dan, but I don't think Dan is the scummiest person around right now, still trying to formulate a more defined read on him.

@Izhuark: What makes the people you name so significantly aggressive, and why would you say Disco is sheeping when she basically kickstarted the Terrador accusation?

I agree with Shinori that something seems fishy about the Terrador wagon. Seeing the way he flips will give quite the share of interesting info.

Also @Refa: If you want me to expand on my Boron read, I think the gist of it is that even though she says its normal for people to do SOMETHING to get somewhere in RVS, she's voting me even though my vote on Junko was based on the RVS shenanigans too. Like, I'm trying to push something to get info too now. So that's kinda hypocritical.

And just like you said, she's not elaborating on what kind of scum intent was behind my actions.

Also her initial response read to me as "I'm doing something that's supposed to be done in RVS so why are you scumreading me?" which feels defensive and... yeah.

not trying to be rude or anything but terra was on skype talking about an FE13 playthrough he was doing and he was on for hours man he could have had time to at least post like a "hey I'm not dead" in the thread??? he's been on skype like this whole time???

Oh well that's bad, yeah.

So I'm ok with hammering if others want it.

What the fuck was that a hammer

Guys, I literally do not have a life on Wednesdays to react to anything after I leave until the evenings, what the fuck ;/

And that's it, Alea jacta est.

So for the answers :

EXCUSE ME please explain

I think i kinda got carried away : i didn't like some of your short post but i think it's just the way you play and thus should'nt count in the game.

New reads-
Shinori: don't have one but neither does he, on anybody
Roxas: trying to sound town, probably not faking it
Cosmic: actually, he's probably town
Izhuark: 100% mafia

everything in Izhuark's post is really scummy, if you read it

I'm okay whith you scumreading but please develop, you just ignored my part on you, you just let people do the reads for you and that's once again just bad.

I feel like izuhark did not read the thread before posting because kawaii was i think the very first one to put attention on terra.

Another thing is that do you think dandagron as scum would be daring enough to basically sit around and do nothing all game. Also how marth's points make sense. From what i've seen a lot of people don't understand his reasoning. Also haven't people been complaining about refa's voting patterns?

(for me refa's vote on terra when they talked about boron is null because i feel like that was more semantics than anything)

Can you also elaborate more on quote please. even if it is not enough anything helps.

I feel like izuhark just made some stuff up with what he thought was happening and then just voted what IMO feels like an easy voting target. Not the best but at least i got something >_> scumyreading izuhark.

I actually read the thread 5 time or so but i must admit i don't get what most cases are about and that's why i didn't posted until now, because like i said earlier i didn't knew what to do but needed to start to be active.

I'm don't have enough eperience to comment on refa voting partern, for me it would be too far-fetched but maybe i'm wrong. I just think is case and post are good.

For the whole easy target thing, yes in a way dandragon is an "easy target" but so was terrador and except maybe for disco kawaii there are no other player that i'm suspicious about and like i stated earlier while i was not against terra lynch i was against his hammer so i vote for the other person that was suspicious.

Sorry for no replies (if you have an unanswered question for me, shoot), but a list post is better for expressing my thoughts.

TOWN

Refa- The most attractive.

Quote- N1 kill.

Disco Kawaii- Town after he started efforting. Not voting Terrador early on bothers me but it's relatively minor.

Cosmic Dude- Decent reads, active thought process, the works.

Marth- Thought about it some more and he's too confrontational for scum. Still would like him to address why he ignored Terrador and expand on his Boron read.

Knee- Having no scumreads until prompted is still bad, but I liked his reads/logic in his last two posts. Also biased here but I'd see scum!him reading me as scum and Kirsche as town.

NULL

Shinori- Preliminary reads are OK but needs more content for me to get a better handle on.

Roxas- I agree w/DK that him trying to prove that he's town seems genuine, it's just not telling enough for me.

Kirsche- His actual content has been OK (issues that Knee pointed out aside) but comes across as just posting enough to get by.

MAFIA

Dandragon- Bizz's scumread on him is good and I don't like how he completely dropped his prior scumread but it feels like a red herring.

Boron- Was feeling good about her earlier but she has the same issue as Kirsche where she's casing Marth for bad logic over scum intent. Higher than Kirsche because she did the same thing in past scum games.

Izhuark- I don't mind the Terrador defense but I don't make sense as a townread FHPOV when I've pushed Terrador more than any of the people he's complaining about. Dandragon vote is phoned in (his case on DK is much better), and he's complaining about lynching someone who hasn't been able to defend themselves when he's voting for someone who's uh likely to not defend himself. Um...yeah.

Terrador- Yes.

Yeah with relief the names I gave in my terrador defense are pretty bad I must admit it and should be ignored. Don't get the case at then end why dandragon can't defend himself ?

I think Izhuark has basically just skimmed the thread and not really paid close attention to what people are saying. I myself said earlier that I'm hesitant about the Terrador lynch, and considering that they don't even have votes on him, I don't think Quote and Junko can be classified as hyper-aggressive, either. I kind of agree with his read on Dan, but I don't think Dan is the scummiest person around right now, still trying to formulate a more defined read on him.

@Izhuark: What makes the people you name so significantly aggressive, and why would you say Disco is sheeping when she basically kickstarted the Terrador accusation?

I agree with Shinori that something seems fishy about the Terrador wagon. Seeing the way he flips will give quite the share of interesting info.

I must go now will respond this in 6 hour or so.

D1 scum lynches whoo

Terrador (7): kirsche, Refa, disco KAWAii, Dandragon, TheCosmicDude, Shinori

Dandragon (2): Quote, Izhuark

disco (1): Terrador

Shinori (1): Junko

Boron (1): Marth

Marth (1): Boron

Not voting: Roxas

Hello Terrador and welcome to Fire Emblem 9 Mafia!

You’re Astrid, a somewhat meek girl with noble Begnion upbringing.

-redacted-

-redacted-

You’re the Mafia team’s Ninja! You’ve gained enough precision with your bow over the course of the war that you’d have no problem hitting one or two targets from a very long distance, leaving no trace of a visit of any kind. You can do this twice in the game with the ##Snipe command before your strength wears out, forcing you to shoot from a closer range.

You also have your own set of skills:

Paragon [Equipped]: Your default skill. It grants you certain growth bonuses, every night phase up until Night 3 you’ll be granted a 1-shot ability. In order, these are 1-shot rolecop+fruit vendor, 1-shot janitor and 1-shot announcer.

Savior [unequipped]: You can forego your night actions for a night phase in order to equip Savior. Savior will grant you the ability to ##Rescue a player once in the game, allowing you to hold onto them until you decide to ##Drop them, both commands being night actions. A rescued player will be immune to all kind of night actions, and will be unable to take on any night actions themselves. They will still be able to talk and vote normally during day phases. Your target will be informed that they are rescued, and will be notified of their inability to act or receive night actions.

You win with the mafia when you’ve murdered enough characters to reach parity with town.

I guess Astrid looked extremely suspicious for some reason?

It's now Night 1. Please send in your actions in the next 24 hours.

I might end night phase early if possible.

Edited by Vhaltz

All right, that's one scum down. Not that I think anyone's really surprised by the outcome.

Now that I can talk at night, I have one very important thing to say:

WHAT THE FUCK YOU GUYS, SERIOUSLY?

I'm sorry, but I DID mention quite repeatedly that I was not going to be around until the evening. I even checked in a few minutes before I left! Couldn't you guys have asked me the important questions when I was actually around to answer them? It wasn't as if anything groundbreaking happened in this game so that those questions couldn't have been asked before. And I'm REALLY mad about that fucking hammer, why the hell did you guys hammer RIGHT WHEN I got onto my laptop? When I said I was going to be around in the evening and not even letting me say anything (LIKE ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS)??? You all suck.

Okay. Rant over.

Boron, could you summarize your Marth case? Like I know you've spent the last few pages talking about it but I dunno, it'd be easier for me to parse in bullet form.

… Good thing I saved my post.

Boron, could you summarize your Marth case? Like I know you've spent the last few pages talking about it but I dunno, it'd be easier for me to parse in bullet form.

I initially voted Marth because I thought his reasoning for why there must be scum between Dandragon, Junko, and me was odd and rather arbitrary. I also thought it questionable that he only discussed Dandragon and Junko (why he was voting the latter over the former) while not mentioning me at all. You can't say you think scum is amongst these three people and not mention the third at all.
As of now, I feel that Marth is going out of his way to misinterpret my words and attribute things I'm not saying to me. For example, here he says that I'm being defensive because I "didn't read his explanation" and "feel defensive". Except that wasn't even what I was asking. I read his explanation and didn't find it satisfactory and asked him to elaborate. And to answer his third point in that post, I agree that in RVS you have to make things happen. But I legit felt his Junko vote was suspicious. Which is why I voted him. He can call it "hypocritical" all he wants because I said you have to vote in RVS to make things happen and that I'm apparently voting him for making an RVS vote. Except I voted him because I felt his vote was scummy. Not because it was RVS. And I still think it was questionable. Also this amazing example where he brings up Quote's post in the first link, and using said post as an example I try to explain what I'm actually talking about … AND then he turns around and says "why would you even use Quote's example"???
You guys want to know what I think the fucking scum intent between Marth's actions? I'll tell you what it is. I feel that Marth is trying to twist my words and dodge the questions that I am actually asking him so that he can make it sound like I'm not reading and that I'm just being "hypocritical". Marth is NOT a terrible mafia player, and I have a hard time believing that he really has no idea what the hell I am asking him. I think he's "playing dumb" and purposely misinterpreting my words to make me look scummy using things I hadn't actually said or done.
@Shinori+Refa: Why didn't I react immediately to Terrador "throwing shade" on me? Maybe because … when I first read through it I didn't catch onto the implication that he was doing so? I mean, no one catches onto everything immediately. It wasn't until I had time to think about his exact wording that I realized it was fishy.
Speaking of Refa, I can't ignore at this point that his opinions on me have rotated by about 540 degrees (first I'm all right, then I'm suspicious, then I'm all right again, then I'm suspicious again - the last opinion shift which took place when I hadn't said anything different because I wasn't even around, when he said I was all right shortly after I made my last post?) This sounds like a major waffle, and not the delicious kind. It's striking me as really odd, and I think I'm going to be keeping my eye on him.
Just went back and skimmed through the last few pages that I missed, one thing that stands out to me is Izuhark saying that Terra posts seemed pretty town, and that certain people (Quote, Junko, and Cosmic) were pushing him too much. In light of Terra's flip this makes me raise my eyebrow a bit. Will look forward to hearing from Izuhark on D2.
Oh wait, D2 falls right during the only break I have this weekend. In which case fuck this game I'm enjoying my break!
This sure is a wall of text. Next time, try not to hammer before I get online and get to actually ANSWER THINGS directed at me.

Current impressions of players in the game. Not starring: me, because putting yourself on town-to-scum read lists is stupid.

Town

Quote: Quote is Quote and so townie it hurts.

Disco Kawaii: Okay, dude, I don't think you're scum. I don't think you'd be nearly so brazen if you were. If you are who I think you are your behavior makes sense, even. But could you PLEASE participate in discussion and give more reasoning for your reads?

Cosmic: He's at least giving reads and participating, and trying to explain his reads, and unvoted to make sure that there wasn't an accidental hammer. I mean, I really don't have problems with him right now.

kirsche: Wish kirsche had more posts (I'll blame the time zone), but what he did have I had no problems with it. I can see his logic. I'd like to hear more from you regarding whether your opinions have shifted since your last post or not.

Junko: I read through his ISO just now and wow, I thought he had a bit more content than that. What he DOES have I can at least follow the logic on, but at the very least I'm a bit more shaky on him.

Roxas: Literally null. Although why the fuck did you want to hammer so early, ugh.

Izuhark: The biggest thing that stands out to me is that he said Terra's posts feel pretty town, and while his inactivity is weird other players need to give him a chance to say something before he is inevitably lynched. Except people HAD been waiting for Terra to say something and he'd never taken it. I'm also not happy with how he says he doesn't like Quote and Cosmic but that it's not enough to put any suspicion on them, downplaying his own suspicions. At least say "gut read".

Refa: I WAS originally feeling good about Refa, but the amount of times (not to mention how little it takes for) his opinion to flop a complete 180 on Marth and me is really suspicious. I'm not saying that town has to have strong, decisive opinions all the time but when your opinion flops around this much it feels like you're just following the popular opinion with no thought of your own.

Shinori: What happened to you, man? Once upon a time you were active in mafia games and fun to play with. These days we're lucky if you put a single content post in one day phase. Yeah, like, Shinori's only reads are gut reads on three people. There is no actual substantiation of his reads and nothing on anyone else or why. I'm also really fucking salty that he hammered, although I suppose Refa and Marth are also to blame for that. (Seriously, fuck you guys, we had time in the phase left and it's bad manners to ask someone questions and then not even give them a chance to show up and answer those questions.)

Dandragon: Okay, so looking back on his content I realized that he's done very little. The only person he ever expressed suspicion of was Disco, and then he hasn't made any content posts since. This is not a content post, by the way. He just votes Terra for being inactive and doesn't say anything else about him or anyone else in the game, or if he's changed his mind on Disco. I don't know if you're busy or not, I can understand busy, but you didn't even make a decent post when you were here!

Marth: To summarize my above post, I feel that he is purposely trying to "misunderstand" my posts and use his misinterpretation of my posts to say I'm scum for my "hypocrisy". Misrepping is scummy, yo. This doesn't feel like poor logic to me. It reeks of a player who knows what he is doing and trying to purposely twist someone's words to paint them as scum.

Scum

I have some night actions missing, make sure to let me know you're idling if you don't plan on doing anything.

Might extend deadline for a few hours just in case. It'll also help with making the update time not suck for me.