Best Final Fantasy song?

Lantairu

Just curious what the best FF song was according to people. For me, there's a 70+ way tie for the entire FF6 OST and other songs from the series, but I have to pick either the entirety of Dancing Mad, Edgar and Sabin, Coin of Fate, Locke's theme, Forever Raechel, Kefka's theme, the Airship Blackjack, One-Winged Angel, Main Theme of FF4, or Main Theme of FF5.

it's either to zanarkand or you're literally lying

EDIT: also you need to learn to decide between things because a seventy-way tie is just blatant fangirling or you're the worst vaporlocker i've ever seen and i've lived with my sister

Edited by Integrity

Well I have too many favorites from the series so I will just list 4 songs.

Land of Summons FF4

Betrayal theme FF4

Beyond the Deep Blue Sea FF5

Altar Cave FF3

I love the OST of Final Fantasy games they are all just so amazing! I have many favorites from each game I had played.

it's either to zanarkand or you're literally lying

EDIT: also you need to learn to decide between things because a seventy-way tie is just blatant fangirling or you're the worst vaporlocker i've ever seen and i've lived with my sister

I laughed so hard at this. Don't know why.

I also really adore FF4's Theme of Love

Forgot that one.

Edited by Lantairu

My favourite is Pandemonium from FFII.

I liked the Four Fiend's music in FF4 and the Clash on Big Bridge from FFV a lot too.

EDIT: OH and the Underwater Temple from FFI is fantastic too.

Edited by General Horace

I liked the Four Fiend's music in FF4 and the Clash on Big Bridge from FFV a lot too.

Four Fiends is yet another great one, but also reminds me of another one I missed, Battle to the Death from FF6.

To Zanarakand, Clash On The Big Bridge (The V version, not the XII version.), Dancing Mad, Blinded By Light, and One Winged Angel.

I agree that the XII one was kind of disappointing (or at least not as good as the original). There was also a XIII-2 version I didn't really care for. This is the best version.

Edited by Lantairu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU

This song is just so stupendous that it beats out any others I could have possibly chosen. Final Fantasy VII was the first RPG I'd ever played, and this song plays when you first leave Midgar and venture out into the world. When that world map hit me it was like a drawing realizing there was a third dimension. It absolutely blew my mind. This song just gives me the feeling of a huge open world that's waiting to be explored. It's nostalgia in musical notation.

I think it's worth breaking them up into favorite FF main theme, boss theme, battle theme, overworld theme, character theme, and town theme, because there's so many tracks that are worth remembering haha

The absolute best in the series?

I don't know if I could name what that is, but here are a couple that I would seriously consider:

Answers - XIV

Damn, that's a good piece right there

I'd have to second this. Though admittedly, even though it's still damn good on its own, you don't really get the full impact of this song until you know the context(referring to FFXIV's shutdown) and the cutscene that played when it all ended:

Then there's You're Not Alone

To Zanarkand is very memorable, also want to give a shout out to Someday the Dream Will End.

In terms of more battle music, I like Followers of Chaos from XIII-2...really any of the Caius related music was pretty epic.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Whenever it comes to FF music, no one ever mentions this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr4eB0WOwN0

It plays during one of the best moments in the game from what I can remember, where Squall

takes command of the Garden, finally putting his drive to be alone aside in an amazingly grand gesture, accepting his caring nature and deciding to fight for them all, to lead them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU

This song is just so stupendous that it beats out any others I could have possibly chosen. Final Fantasy VII was the first RPG I'd ever played, and this song plays when you first leave Midgar and venture out into the world. When that world map hit me it was like a drawing realizing there was a third dimension. It absolutely blew my mind. This song just gives me the feeling of a huge open world that's waiting to be explored. It's nostalgia in musical notation.

I think it's worth breaking them up into favorite FF main theme, boss theme, battle theme, overworld theme, character theme, and town theme, because there's so many tracks that are worth remembering haha

I always did like this, and it does make me nostalgic, but I still don't think it's quite as good as the other main themes.

The first song that came to mind was Rebel Army (Final Fantasy II), but I'll probably have a list of solid contenders up if I'm not lazy.

Edited by Refa

I agree that the XII one was kind of disappointing (or at least not as good as the original). There was also a XIII-2 version I didn't really care for. This is the best version.

Ah yes. Definitely. It sounds soooo goood. I just love that song. Cause it gets you so pumped. As for the XII version, they overdid it. It was way too over the top with the high notes and stuff. Especially the main melody.

THE MELODY :D

Scours around for a MIDI to shamelessly insert into my hack.

Clash on the Big Bridge - FFV

Dang! I love that song too! OMG Clash on the Big Bridge that song rocks hard! see now I have to go listen to it for the 100th time about to pump it up max volume in the headphones sounds wonderful in there.