Pokémon types

Yari

Favorite/least favorite pokémon type  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite pokémon type

2. 2. Your least favorite pokémon type

My favorite is steel. My favorite pokemon is steel and I like most of the pokemon that have the typing, with the exception of Wormadam, Probopass and the KlinKlang line.Top 5 is 1.Steel 2.Dragon 3.Fairy 4.Psychic 5.Ghost

My least favorite is probably Normal because I find it kind of bland compared to the other types and there's not really any pokemon in it that I really like, excepted some of the bird pokemon. Runner-up is Rock (most of them have high physical defense stats, but Rock is terrible defensively and most are further hindered by horrible special defense.)

Fairy is my favorite. Dark comes second I guess.

Rock's my least favorite because of Stealth Rocks.

Fuck that move.

Haha. I can agree with this. Also, fuck Stone Miss.

I answered Water, though, because Water-types really are kind of over-saturated and boring to me.

I can't stand water types, they're dull and bland.

Y-you, how d-dare you...How dare you not understand the magnificence of the Water type!

I think it's obvious what my favorite type is. I just love Water types! They're just so awesome and useful and cool and cute and strong and... Well you get the idea. Actually, I like everything water related, be it games, anime, books and so on.

I also love Grass, Psychic, Ice and Fairy!

I voted for least favorite Rock, not because I hate it, because honestly, I like all of the types, but it's just that I always have bad luck when using Rock types, and yet that won't stop me from using Rock types, I'm weird like that.

Edited by Water Mage

No, what's worse is that a lot of Fighting type Pokemon can learn those Rock type moves, making Flying types more at a disadvantage than the advantage they're supposed to have. >_> Hell, Rock Slide can even hit them when they use Fly!

Edited by Anacybele

No, what's worse is that a lot of Fighting type Pokemon can learn those Rock type moves, making Flying types more at a disadvantage than the advantage they're supposed to have. >_> Hell, Rock Slide can even hit them when they use Fly!

Why single out fighting types? Many types that can learn moves to help them out against their weaknesses. (Most waters can learn ice to counter grass, most dragons can learn fire to counter ice, etc).

Edited by Tsunami922

I'm not sure why you're singling out FIghting types for this when most types can learn moves to counter whatever their weakness is... And what's this about Rock Slide hitting in the middle of Fly? Because it shouldn't... unless either Pokemon has No Guard.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'm not sure why you're singling out FIghting types for this when most types can learn moves to counter whatever their weakness is... And what's this about Rock Slide hitting in the middle of Fly? Because it shouldn't... unless either Pokemon has No Guard.

Because every time I tried to use Fly on a Fighting type, that Fighting type countered with Rock Slide and my bird got knocked out even though it was in the sky. -_-

Or maybe it's Stone Edge I was thinking of?

And I get that a lot of Pokemon can learn moves of types that trump a type it's weak against, but my problem is that so MANY Fighting type Pokemon learn Rock type moves that there's almost no point in using Flying types against them. Their only real weaknesses are Psychic type and Fairy type Pokemon.

Edited by Anacybele

Because every time I tried to use Fly on a Fighting type, that Fighting type countered with Rock Slide and my bird got knocked out even though it was in the sky. -_-

Or maybe it's Stone Edge I was thinking of?

And I get that a lot of Pokemon can learn moves of types that trump a type it's weak against, but my problem is that so MANY Fighting type Pokemon learn Rock type moves that there's almost no point in using Flying types against them. Their only real weaknesses are Psychic type and Fairy type Pokemon.

Fair enough. Anyways, like I said, if I'm not wrong, Rock Slide shouldn't be able to hit a Pokemon in the middle of Fly unless the Pokemon has No Guard, which allows all hits launched by or against the Pokemon to hit no matter what. That being said, No Guard isn't exactly a common ability, and Machop's evolutionary line are the only Fighting types that get it.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

For the favorite type I'd say Dark (since Ice is incredible bad), but there aren't too many Dark Pokemon I like, which is why I voted for Fire.

Water is by far my least favorite just for being such an insanely good typing since release ( I'd like to see another weakness).

This is kinda hard. I voted for Steel but it's not really my absolute favorite; I like Ghost, Poison, and even Water a lot, too. I don't really have a least-favorite type, so I went for Bug because it always annoys me that, like, no Bug-type is good in-game once you get past the fourth or fifth gym. The only big examples I can think of are Scyther and Pinsir, and they're super-rare.