Pokémon types

Yari

Favorite/least favorite pokémon type  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite pokémon type

2. 2. Your least favorite pokémon type

My favorite type is ghost so much so that five of ten of my favorites are ghost type in some way while my least favorite is bug because bug type pokémon are often very weak. I don't hate bug by any means but it's not a very "good" type unlike ghost that's full of awesome. Edited by Yari Bryant the Banette

Fire is my favorite type, no contest. I love a lot of the designs for this type and I like fire in general. Flames can look so beautiful and they can keep you warm in the cold. I feel fire is the element my personality matches most too, as my heart burns with passion for what I love. ^^

Least favorite is Psychic. I just hardly like any Pokemon of this type and I don't think it's really cool.

My favorite type is Psychic, as I think it represents me the most. Ice and Normal are close seconds. Least favorite type is Ground. I just don't like any Ground Pokemon to be honest...

The least favorite question was really difficult. The only type that I am not particularly fond of that is not a weakness of my favorite Type (Fire) is actually one that it is strong against: Steel.

I answered Water, though, because Water-types really are kind of over-saturated and boring to me.

Edited by Tamarsamar

My favorite is eletric because every single run I made in every pokémon game I played had a eletric pokemon in it and they have cool designs too.

Least favorite: Ice, they have way too many weakness.

Steel, no contest. Even after its nerf in Gen 6 it's still the best defensive type. Also the ratio of cool to lame Pokemon. Have you stopped to think about just how few lame steel types there are? They almost don't exist.

Bug and grass are runner ups for least favorite, but I have to go with ice. Being an ice type is such a detriment to every Pokemon that has it. Which is a shame as I like quite a few of them.

Favorite is a toss up between Water, Psychic, and Fairy, which I ultimately picked.

Least favorite... I'd probably say Rock or Fighting, though ultimately, Rock wins out (or depending on your interpretation, loses out) because there's just too many weaknesses, which thus leads to it phailing as a defensive type.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

My favourite has always been Electric because I really like the designs for a lot of the Electric Pokemon (Luxray, Manetric, Ampharos etc.)

My least favourite is Normal because I think it's just a boring and bland type and I personally don't find them very useful.

Tie between Dark and Ice.My least favourite is Bug,since,later on,it sucks.Especially in Gen 1 when the only damaging Bug-Type move was Twineedle.

You also had Leech Life and Pin Missile, but ehhh, both of those stunk as well.

My favourite is Water, whilst my least favourite is Normal, since nothing is weak to it.

Least favorite... I'd probably say Rock or Fighting, though ultimately, Rock wins out (or depending on your interpretation, loses out) because there's just too many weaknesses, which thus leads to it phailing as a defensive type.

Ice has more weaknesses than Rock does, though.

Ice has more weaknesses than Rock does, though.

Ice Weaknesses:

• Fire
  • Fighting
  • Rock
  • Steel

Rock weaknesses:

• Grass
  • Water
  • Fighting
  • Ground
  • Steel

I'd say you're wrong.

As for favorites, I used to not have any, but I really like the Steel-Type now, and it's now my favorite.

Voted Poison for least favorite since it's the one I care the least about, but I don't dislike any types.

Edited by BLS

My favorite type has to be water. Whilst there are some mons that i find to be a disgrace to the type *cough*Basculin*cough*, there are also a lot of really cool water types, like the starmie line, or empoleon.

Least favorite is possibly rock, but not for the reasons you'd expect: Rock is an offensive defensive, as whilst it has a lot of weaknesses, it can be effective against some types e.g. Fire and Flying. My reason for hating rock is that i feel sorry for Brock, Roxanne and Roark. Seriously, it sucks to be a rock gym when there's a Pokemon lab only 1 or 2 towns away.

Well if we went by types on their own without any other factors to judge by, my favourite would be either ground or rock since I'm in love with geology. Least favourite would probably be poison.

Otherwise, I decided to be a nerd and make a table and try to calculate my favourite type based on how many pokemon I liked in each type and how much I liked each to see which types enamored me the most and least (and compared that number to how many pokemon there were in each type). Predictably, fire type ended up my most favourite (majority of my favourite pokemon are fire type) and steel type ended up my least favourite.

I wasn't surprised dragon type came second favourite, but I was kinda surprised that flying type ended up in third. I didn't realize how many pokemon I loved were flying type ^o^ it's probably because they're all from the butterflies