Kozaki's at it again

Elieson

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I meant desaturated colors. Sorry for my english.

To each his own. As I said, I prefer him much more when he works on modern settings over fantasy.

This is my favorite piece from him -> http://imgur.com/S1gdwq5

I'm a big retro nut, so of course I love bright colors and simpler outfits, lol.

Edit:

Your mention of "static bodies" seemed to imply that.

No no, you got me wrong. I was talking that his artwork feels a bit static to me sometimes.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

While I enjoy the blue shades, I'm just not into this.
Though, I find it hard to see why it's loved so. (Relating to what DanMan said) I would like to ask why characters are chilling in the first place. I'd get it if Kozaki made official wallpaper art like posters, or the charas doing hobbies that are expressed through the game, but I fail to see the enjoyment of the meaning of these arts when there's better ways to fulfill this. Aren't they in a war? Is it over? Was it before the war? What's exactly going on? If it was over, wouldn't everyone go separate ways? There needs to be more depth instead of 'just a character sleeping.'

I see no meaning is all.

Though, I find it hard to see why it's loved so. (Relating to what DanMan said) I would like to ask why characters are chilling in the first place. I'd get it if Kozaki made official wallpaper art like posters, or the charas doing hobbies that are expressed through the game, but I fail to see the enjoyment of the meaning of these arts when there's better ways to fulfill this. Aren't they in a war? Is it over? Was it before the war? What's exactly going on? If it was over, wouldn't everyone go separate ways? There needs to be more depth instead of 'just a character sleeping.'

I see no meaning is all.

Why does it need to have a meaning though? They're literally fanarts. People always fawn over fanarts.

Edited by Ryo

Eh... I'm not a fan of Kozaki myself (As I'm also a person who likes colorful and more simple designs), but saying him drawing characters in casual situations is meaningless is kinda... strange? There doesn't need to be an explanation behind every art piece (especially since these are just sketches).

I could draw Marth dancing in a tutu, I don't need to tell you why he is in a tutu (I also probably didn't actually come up with a reason for him to be in a tutu). :B

Actually, a better analogy would be someone drawing marth chillin in a castle, then someone comes in wanting an explanation as to exactly when this occurs, for some reason.

Edited by L95

He's prolly not even paid to draw this, he just likes these characters he's very proud of and wants to draw them on his free time

It's not like artists actually like their creations and enjoy drawing outside of work or something

I mean a month ago or so I drew Ryouma flipping a steak over a grill

and I appreciate that he does this. There's more to characters than what they do during war.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Plus, it gives us a glimpse of casual outfits in the different countries, which we don't get to see a lot of in-game due to how Fire Emblem just works. I.e. it builds up the world that we're shown in game.

I see no meaning is all.

We always see them in a war-time setting. It's really nice to see them in a different way. I love it. You get to pick out little things about the characters from these pictures that you wouldn't normally be able to see. I wish he'd make a big, thick artbook of these types of drawings. I'd pay a lot for that.

He's prolly not even paid to draw this, he just likes these characters he's very proud of and wants to draw them on his free time

It's not like artists actually like their creations and enjoy drawing outside of work or something

I mean a month ago or so I drew Ryouma flipping a steak over a grill

and I appreciate that he does this. There's more to characters than what they do during war.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of all of Kozaki's art, but I really like the sketches that he is doing with these characters. It's nice to see them wearing casual clothing and do things besides fight a war.

It shows us the "human" side of the characters. Yes, Oboro can skewer people with a lance. She also sews (as shown in the sketch), and that's something we'll never see as an in-game art.

I want to see. . .well, everyone in their free time! :P:

• 1 month later...

For some reason I'm getting a FFTactics feeling from this. Make a King class, IS!

At least Kozaki loves Chrom.

Aside from a Smash Bros meme of people thinking Chrom is worthless (and even then, he still made a cameo as Robin's Final Smash), I don't think Chrom is that unpopular. He's getting a role a the personawhatever of the main character in that WiiU game and he made another cameo in Fates. What else can he ask for?