SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

36 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

That was my favorite thing to learn about in History!

... It occurs to me that I haven't actually prepared any questions for you.

XI. Favorite Roman emperor?

XII. Least favorite?

XIII. Not that you're a mythology guy, but any favorite mythology?

XIV. Is morality real or is it a human construct?

XV. What is justice, in your opinion?

XVI. Not that I know much about the topic, but regarding legal positivism/naturalism, do you think there are more possibilities than simply one or the other?

XVII. Myers-Briggs personality type, and does it fit you?

XI. JUSTINIAN I
Absolute bias.

XII. Didias Julianus. I mean, he bought the office at an auction. 

XIII. I actually do like mythology! I am most acquainted with Greco-Roman mythology and it's my favorite too.

XIV. My answer to this is that either it is a human construct or it is real; but we cannot know whether it is real or not, because that would require us to leave our human perspective, which is something we can't do. Consequentially, if morality is real, we cannot determine what it is.

XV. Justice is something too complicated to describe in mere words. My devout legal positivism wants me to say that law is justice, but I think that's going too far even for me.

XVI. Of course! In fact, most people are somewhere in between the extremes. For example, one might be a legal positivist but still cycle over the pedestrian lane for 10 metres if one considers it safe; or one might be in favour of convicting thieves in accordance with the law, but making an exception for a particular case of someone who has no money and had to steal a loaf of bread just to survive. Similarly, most legal naturalists throughout history have not argued that the law should be disregarded in favour of justice in all instances. 
It's a gradual scale, and there's very few people who argue one extreme or the other.

XVII. INTJ. I think it fits me, but I don't know much about the whole Myers-Briggs types.

1 minute ago, Natalie said:

;_;

Having it all written down like this in one place....

You forgot height buddies, friend.

ALSO 
I just remembered the first time we interacted on SF heh.

Awwwwwwwwwwww! I feel so honoured.

Explicit detail, huh.
Oh, you mean our Felicia quoting wars, right?

no u

4. Favourite English Felicia quote?

5. What makes Felicia your Fates waifu?

6. Say something cute in Dutch!

7. Opinions on the casting for the LotR movies?

8. What about the Hobbit casting?

9. How would you feel if I started calling you "gramps" from now on until the end of your interview?

10. Wine, beer or spirits? Or don't you drink alcohol?

11. Favourite type of pasta dish?

12. Do you like your peanut butter to be smooth or crunchy?

13. Favourite flavour of ice cream?

14. Don't British spellings look SO much nicer than American ones?

15. What's your earliest memory?

16. When you coming over to cycle around Roman roads and eat scones with me?

17. So, I know you play keyboards, right? Are there any other instruments you'd like to learn if you had the time to do so?

18. Favourite number?

19. Favourite colour?

20. DO YA WANNA SEE A CUTE VIDEO I JUST FOUND OF GRUMPY CAT CLEANING CRAZY CAT????!!!!!!!

I knew I was forgetting one type of buddies!
Thanks for correcting this injustice.

WHAT
Remind me when that was!

Erm, sure, I think Kim would be very interested to hear about our Felicia quoting wars in explicit detail.

ううん君

4. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" 
Close second is "Uhm, whoa!"
When I heard them in the memes, I just couldn't believe that she actually says that in-game.

5. I'm not really sure. She was just always somewhere at the top of units on my team, generally serving me very well. It's a shame her personality is a bit of a meme (but that's Fire Emblem: Fates for you), but one thing that I do really like about her is that she finds great joy in helping others. 

6. Iets schattigs!

7. Overall very good. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any choice I disagree with.
Can we talk about how good of an Aragorn Viggo Mortensen is? How good of a Saruman Christopher Lee is?
The only ones that can feel a little off to me are Gimli, Elrond and Legolas.

8. There's good (Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee, Bumblebee Cucumbersandwich, whoever it was that played Balin) and then there's the bad. Though it's not really the casting that bothers me, it's the way the characters were portrayed in the movie (both appearancewise and as characters). Most of Thorin's Company was actually like that for me.

9. I'd feel like Mycen.
So that would make you Alm or Celica.

10. I don't drink, friend.

11. Tough one... I can't decide...

12. I like both types!

13. I can't decide... It's just all so good.

14. Sure, sure, whatever you say.

15. When I was little, I had this stuffed toy called Bello that I loved and carried around with me everywhere. When I was 2 (maybe 3) my parents took my sister and me along to some Roman re-enectment event and I'm sure I enjoyed it, until I discovered that I no longer had Bello with me. We looked for him everywhere, but couldn't find him. I was so devastated. I remember that devastated feeling and I also remember one image of the place where we were that day.

16. When I have time and money enough and also when I'm not planning vacations to other places I want to go.

17. All of them! I can't pick one! 

18. Four.

19. Blue. 

20. WHAT YES OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

XI. JUSTINIAN I
Absolute bias.

wow, absolute bias is such a superior term to use than the official "ultimate bias".......i'd use it from now on but then i'd have to start abbreviating idols as my ab instead of ub which is weird

11. Last movie you watched?

12. Fondest memory?

13. What is you stance on Drug legalisation/criminalisation?

14. Least favourite thing about your country's culture?

15. Are the characters or the overall plot more important in a story?

1. Wat is jouw lievlings lied uit de Nederland?
  2. Wat is jouw lievlings culinaire specialiteit uit de Nederland?
  3. Waarom mog je Elki zo veel?
  4. Wat is jouw lievlings lied uit de Touhou reeks?
  5. Wat is jouw mening over de justitie systeem in de Nederland?
  6. Is daar een staat naar jouw meining dat een uitstekend justitie systeem heeft, en je wenst dat de Nederland zou het overnoemen?

1. Impressions of me?

2. Opinions on the following:

3. Ya like bluegrass?

4. Have you ever read The Return of the Shadow?

5. Can I derail your thread while interviewing you?

6. What inspired you to take over the interview thread?

7. Is it a lot of work?

8. Do people ever thank you?

9. Will you quit someday?

10. Can I take a moment right now to show my gratitude to you for creating this thread, where so many wonderful, happy things have occurred?

11. What's your favorite Gollum riddle?

12. When will you change back to the Hatti that I used to know whose avatar was way cuter than your current one?

13. How good are you in a fight?

14. Have you ever heard of Brother Andrew?

15. What do you think of the other Inklings, particularly C.S. Lewis?

16. What's your favorite Middle-Earth romance?

17. You and @Natalie are great together. What are you gonna name your kids?

18. Imagine your ideal waifu for the next FE game. What color is her hair?

19. What is the riskiest thing you've done?

20. What is the most risque thing you've done?

Spoiler

6. thoughts on this song??

7. are u ok w these questions?? i am not gonna overload u w them, in fact ill wait until you answer one until i post another, but i really appreciate seeing your opinions on songs i show you because again you are very sincere and honest without being abrasive and you tend to look at songs differently than me and idk i am just askin if these questions r ok!!!!

2. What is the meaning of life?

3. Is perfection achievable?

4. What do you think of the world, or Earth as a whole? Good/bad? Do you think the world will ever get better/worse?

5. What is your opinion on Anger?

11 hours ago, Claudius I said:

WHAT
Remind me when that was!

Preeeetty sure it was this.

In the "What You Want To Know" thread:

On 6/1/2017 at 4:01 PM, Natalie said:

The Netherlands too. But I don't really know exactly what I'd want to visit there.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:04 AM, Claudius I said:

The coffee shops, obviously.

I didn't know you were Dutch then, so I thought you were just kind of being stereotypical about the Netherlands heh.

For ages I thought you were American. I'm sorry.

6. Iets schattigs!

Wow, "cute" is a really ugly word in Dutch.

Can we talk about how good of an Aragorn Viggo Mortensen is? How good of a Saruman Christopher Lee is?

YES YES YES

Bumblebee Cucumbersandwich

<3

21. SAY SOMETHING ACTUALLY CUTE IN DUTCH, GRAMPS!

22. What's your ideal day, gramps?

23. Continuing from our dialect conversation earlier, did you know that Bristolians use "ideal" instead of the word "idea"? How stupid is that, gramps?

24. Do you sleep on your side, back or front (or something weird like moi), gramps?

25. If you could learn a skill overnight, what would you pick, gramps?

26. Do you cook, gramps?

27. Favourite breakfast food, gramps?

28. Tell me something weird about you that I don't know, gramps!

17. All of them! I can't pick one! 

29. JUST PICK AN INSTRUMENT, GRAMPS!

30. How weird is it that I'm calling you "gramps" when you're younger than me, gramps?

5 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Full marks Hatty if you can remember the discussion we had about our kids names.

31. Do you remember what we're naming our 20 cats though, gramps?

32. Petition to rename the interview thread "The Interview Chat Thread of Derailment and OTPs", gramps?

20. WHAT YES OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skypey skype later, gramps.

Edited by Natalie

11 hours ago, Painkiller B said:

wow, absolute bias is such a superior term to use than the official "ultimate bias".......i'd use it from now on but then i'd have to start abbreviating idols as my ab instead of ub which is weird

yes but it would be a good metaphor

"they're my abs"

they give you strength

or somethin deep like that...........

8 hours ago, Archer of Red said:

11. Last movie you watched?

12. Fondest memory?

13. What is you stance on Drug legalisation/criminalisation?

14. Least favourite thing about your country's culture?

15. Are the characters or the overall plot more important in a story?

11. I rarely watch movies, so the last time would probably have been months ago... I can't remember, sorry.

12. Hmm... It's really hard to pick just one because there are so many, but I'm going to go with the time I got The Hobbit in Latin for Sinterklaas.

13. I don't have too much of an opinion on it. I think legalization is the best choice, as long as it's controlled.
The most important thing though is that you pick either one or the other, not some hybrid thing like "it's illegal but law enforcement still allows it but also sometimes we do something about it" policy the Netherlands has.

14. Uhhh... People judge before they know the facts and speak before they think. 

15. I'm not sure. But since a plot is for the most part made up of characters' actions and motives, it's hard to have a good plot if the characters are bad. So characters are probably more important.

6 hours ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:
  1. Wat is jouw lievlings lied uit de Nederland?
  2. Wat is jouw lievlings culinaire specialiteit uit de Nederland?
  3. Waarom mog je Elki zo veel?
  4. Wat is jouw lievlings lied uit de Touhou reeks?
  5. Wat is jouw mening over de justitie systeem in de Nederland?
  6. Is daar een staat naar jouw meining dat een uitstekend justitie systeem heeft, en je wenst dat de Nederland zou het overnoemen?

Going to answer in English so other people can follow (maar ik waardeer de moeite ;)).

1. The national anthem. Putting bias aside, I think the Dutch national anthem is one of the best in the world.

2. Uhhhh... Honestly, the Netherlands has some really great sweet stuff, like hagelsag and stroopwafels. I don't think they count as culinary specialties, but I'm going to pick them anyway!

3. I'm an absolute law nerd and I love justice; Eiki is an obvious choice.

4. I was afraid this question would come and I'm afraid I can't answer it because Touhou has way too much good music.

5. I think our justice system is fine overall. Increasing workload and ever greater pressure to perform efficiently instead of thoroughly are very bad for the quality of the judicial system though, so I'm glad judges around the country are speaking up about that.

6. Not that I can think of.

6 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

1. Impressions of me?

2. Opinions on the following:

3. Ya like bluegrass?

4. Have you ever read The Return of the Shadow?

5. Can I derail your thread while interviewing you?

6. What inspired you to take over the interview thread?

7. Is it a lot of work?

8. Do people ever thank you?

9. Will you quit someday?

10. Can I take a moment right now to show my gratitude to you for creating this thread, where so many wonderful, happy things have occurred?

11. What's your favorite Gollum riddle?

12. When will you change back to the Hatti that I used to know whose avatar was way cuter than your current one?

13. How good are you in a fight?

14. Have you ever heard of Brother Andrew?

15. What do you think of the other Inklings, particularly C.S. Lewis?

16. What's your favorite Middle-Earth romance?

18. Imagine your ideal waifu for the next FE game. What color is her hair?

19. What is the riskiest thing you've done?

20. What is the most risque thing you've done?

1. You're weird and that makes me laugh. But you can also be serious, which is nice. I like you.

2. I'm in college right now (I have a break of over three hours smh), so I'll watch this when I'm home!

3. I don't really judge music by genre; there's good and bad in every genre to me.

4. I have read all of The History of Middle-earth up to volume 11! So yes. 
Wasn't that the one The History of Middle-earth book @Natalie
 read too? (Because she thinks reading one of the less important The History of Middle-earth books is more important than finishing The Return of the King).

5. No.

6. Back in the days, Makaze kept forgetting to update the interview thread and I always went to bug them about it. Since keeping up with updating the interview thread was already what I was doing when Makaze decided to quit, it was only natural for me to volunteer to take over. It seemed fun to do!
I still can't believe I've been doing this longer than Makaze. It still feels like I've only started not too long ago.

7. Usually not, because you kids manage to behave most of the time.

8. I don't think they ever have (except for Kim this one time, I think).

9. I'm going to die someday and SF is probably going to die before me and the interview thread is probably going to die before SF; so yes, it's inevitable. But would I quit when the thread is still going? I don't know. It's always seemed like a natural thing to me to quite one day, but I enjoy this too much and have too much determination to stop. But you never know what the future may bring.

10. You can. Thanks, Sully, I appreciate it.

11. I'm going to have to read them all again before judging! 
Remind me to get back to this tomorrow!

12. When I've themed Marcus Aurelius, Septimius Severus, Julius Nepos, Justinian I, Basil II and Constantine XI; then I'll change back to Hattusili I (though something may come between, depending...).
That Eiki avatar I had before becoming Claudius I was so great though, I agree, and I feel like I had it for way too short of a time.

13. An actual physical fight? I don't know. I have no formal training whatsoever and I never have to use violence, but I know there's quite some strength in my arms, especially my right arm.

14. I haven't!

15. I don't have too much of an opinion. I liked reading Tolkien's parody of the Inklings in Sauron Defeated though.
Lewis was a great man and a fantastic friend to and critic of Tolkien, but I'm not that much of a fan of his own works.

16. Túrin and Nienor. Beren and Lúthien! Their tale is just so heroic and romantic. Nothing can beat it.

17. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Óri, Nóri, Dóri, Óin, Glóin, Kíli, Fíli, Balin, Dwalin and Thorin.

18. I don't know if I have an ideal waifu. Especially not when it comes to something like hair color...

19. I don't do all too many risky things... Maybe one of those times I had a conflict with a teacher in middle school? I don't think that was all that risky though.

20. Heheheh, that may be a bit too private...

5 hours ago, Painkiller B said:
  Reveal hidden contents

6. thoughts on this song??

7. are u ok w these questions?? i am not gonna overload u w them, in fact ill wait until you answer one until i post another, but i really appreciate seeing your opinions on songs i show you because again you are very sincere and honest without being abrasive and you tend to look at songs differently than me and idk i am just askin if these questions r ok!!!!

6. I'm in college right now, so I'll listen to this when I'm home!

7. I am very OK with these questions! You can ask me whatever you want; I don't mind. In fact, I like it!

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

2. What is the meaning of life?

3. Is perfection achievable?

4. What do you think of the world, or Earth as a whole? Good/bad? Do you think the world will ever get better/worse?

5. What is your opinion on Anger?

2. The meaning of life is not something that humans can knowingly know. It's because we are bound by our human perception and therefore can't knowingly have objective knowledge (I think we've talked about this before). So we can't determine what the meaning of life is. 
I am certain that there is a meaning though. 

3. True perfection? I don't think so. Nothing is ever perfect. Even if you go with something minor, like a small school test, there's always differences in wording that you could have used and either of the alternatives is better than the other in some way.
Besides, what may be good in one's eyes may be bad in another's eyes.

4. I believe that it is good, that it has always been good and that it will continue to be good, at a constant rate. There's a philosophical explanation behind that, but it's really long and complicated. 
Within human perception though (i.e. what we tend to consider good and bad), I believe it moves mostly in cycles. So things will get worse; and when we've it a low, things will get better again; and when we've hit a high, things will get worse again etc. I think right now we're at a place where we're coming from a high and getting worse. But it also depends on where you are in the world.

5. It can be useful in some situations, but in 99% of cases it only stands in the way of resolving problems and tends to make things worse.

46 minutes ago, Fleece said:

1. What's the mood for today?
2. What is the most grating noise you've ever heard in nature? (like animals, weather etc)
3. Favorite type of patterns?
4. How do you combat procrastination?
5. Last book you've read?

1. Good! Nothing special, I think.

2. I don't know. I think when it hails really hard. It's so loud and sounds like you're being bombarded.

3. Hmm, I don't think I have a preferecne.

4. By reminding myself that I'll feel better about myself if I actually do things. Sometimes I talk to a friend or relative for a short while, because that gives me motivation.

5. The last book I finished was The History of Middle-earth: Morgoth's Ring; currently, I'm reading The History of Middle-earth: The War of the Jewels.

37 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Preeeetty sure it was this.

In the "What You Want To Know" thread:

I didn't know you were Dutch then, so I thought you were just kind of being stereotypical about the Netherlands heh.

For ages I thought you were American. I'm sorry.

Wow, "cute" is a really ugly word in Dutch.

YES YES YES

<3

21. SAY SOMETHING ACTUALLY CUTE IN DUTCH, GRAMPS!

22. What's your ideal day, gramps?

23. Continuing from our dialect conversation earlier, did you know that Bristolians use "ideal" instead of the word "idea"? How stupid is that, gramps?

24. Do you sleep on your side, back or front (or something weird like moi), gramps?

25. If you could learn a skill overnight, what would you pick, gramps?

26. Do you cook, gramps?

27. Favourite breakfast food, gramps?

28. Tell me something weird about you that I don't know, gramps!

29. JUST PICK AN INSTRUMENT, GRAMPS!

30. How weird is it that I'm calling you "gramps" when you're younger than me, gramps?

Full marks Hatty if you can remember the discussion we had about our kids names.

31. Do you remember what we're naming our 20 cats though, gramps?

32. Petition to rename the interview thread "The Interview Chat Thread of Derailment and OTPs", gramps?

Skypey skype later, gramps.

m8 ur a really ugly word in dutch

21. IDK THAT'S PRESSURE
What qualifies as "something cute" anyway, Alm?

22. Hmm... Waking up early but well-rested, working (whether it's classes or homework or essays or studying or delivering mail or whatever) most of the day, talking with friends and family here and there, then around 4 or 5 p.m. taking a bath, having a good meal, studying Japanese for an hour, playing FE, reading Tolkien and then sleeping not too late.
That would be my ideal "normal" day. Of course, there's special days too. I'd love to have a day that I spend on reading Tolkien, writing about Tolkien and playing FE, for example. Or a day that I spend in full with a friend that I don't get to see often. 
But "special days" and "normal days" are hard to compare, Alm.

23. @Arcanite Give me that Ephraim meme. Disgusting. Alm.

24. Usually side, but it varies, Alm.

25. I don't know... Nope, that one's too hard for me, Alm.

26. Sometimes. But cooking takes up so much time and my time is precious, Alm.

27. Boterham met hagelslag, Alm.

28. I get a haircut only once a year. But I shave off the mustache and cut the beard short whenever they get so long that they start to annoy me, Alm.

29. IDK THAT'S PRESSURE AGAIN
Maybe guitar or drums, Alm.

30. We've already established that you're a weird one, Alm.

Heheh, I do remember that discussion! But I'm not going to give in to Sully's imagination.

31. NO I'M SORRY I HAVE FAILED YOU ALM

32. No, Alm.

1 hour ago, Claudius I said:

yes but it would be a good metaphor

"they're my abs"

they give you strength

or somethin deep like that...........

wtf this is really good.........u have inspired me hatt

also whew thanks for acceptin song questions this is EXCITING

3 hours ago, Claudius I said:

23. @Arcanite Give me that Ephraim meme. Disgusting. Alm.

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

Filthy

I wanted to make sure I asked you some somewhat serious questions before I went turbo on you, gramps. I waited until today to unleash the spam of death on you.

6. Memes. What do you think of them, gramps?

7. What do you think of me, gramps?

8. I'm sure you've seen what I look like naked already, gramps, but just so it's fresh in your head:

Spoiler

591741788364f_download(1).jpg.964f2e98cb9990e0a8425b2bb3e7b957.jpg

Don't I look like a total babe, gramps?

9. Remember that Dutch chick all the way in Ronnie's interview? How is she doing, gramps?

10. Do you have any drugs, gramps?

11. Not sure if this was asked already, but do you play FE Heroes at all, gramps?

12. Have you seen the full film: Backstroke of the West, gramps?

13. Smoothies or milkshakes, grampo?

14. Do you try to eat healthy, old man?

15. Tell one of your old-time funny jokes, grandpa!

16. Cheese or butter, pops?

17. SEVENTEEN

18. So gramps, how has your day been today?

19. Isn't Robert Downey Jr. the most handsome man alive, gramps?

20. What made you start this interview thing, gramps?

Spoiler

G R A M P S

22. So gramps, is it true that when you older folks wanted to chat up a fine lookin' honey you said, "hiya toots"?
lol fine lookin' honey

23. Why does yogurt night have to be so difficult, gramps?

24. So, Master Roshi, what say you about Goku's power level?

25. Do old-timers like you eat ice cream, gramps?

26. Do you still exercise, gramps?

27. You're super old and all, but do you ever think about getting married, gramps?

28. Do you like waffles, gramps?

29. What do you prefer between bolditalics, and underline, gramps?

30. Who taught you how to use a computer, gramps?

31. Have you ever eaten a kiwi, gramps? (if so, what you think of it)

32. Have you ever eaten a strawberry, gramps? (if so, what you think of it)

33. Isn't Oboro the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

34. Isn't Jakob the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

35. Isn't Cormag the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

36. Isn't Joshua the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

37. Isn't FE8 the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

38. THIRTY-EIGHT

39. Aren't I the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

40. To you, what is the single best thing to happen to the fire emblem series, gramps?

41. Have you ever played mafia before, gramps?

42. SAY SOMETHING CRAZY, GRAMPS!

43. say something dark, gramps

44. Say something xexy, gramps :smug:

45. Say something weird, gramps >>

46. What do you know about the Kingdom Hearts series, gramps?

47. gramps gramps gramps gramps gramps, gramps?

48. Do you think you'll ever ask as many questions as you did on Natalie's interview, gramps?

You are one of my favorite people, probably my favorite person at the moment. We're so different, but we get along so well. You're very friendly and supportive and just generally really fun. You're great. You need to learn to love yourself though.

How adorable~

49. You know she's taken already right, gramps?

50. Is Roy really our boy, gramps?

51. DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT LIKE IKE, GRAMPS?

52. Can you cook, gramps?

53. What do you think of kids, gramps?

54. Enlightenment, Romanticism, Transcendentalism, or Dark Romanticism, gramps?

55. Does the truth really hurt, gramps?

56. What rhymes with "hug me", gamps? I could never figure it out!

57. Let's test your math smarts, gramps:

Simplify (x+3)(x-7)

58. Do you like math, gramps?

59. Do you like meth, gramps?

60. What is your favorite childhood cartoon, gramps?

61. Anakin or Obi-wan, gramps?

62. Vader or Maul, gramps?

63. R2 or BB-8, gramps? (there is a correct answer to this one)

64. Leia or Padme, gramps?

65. Are you one with the force, and is the force truly with you, gramps?

66. Chancellor Palpatine, what is it you wish?

67. Who will die?

68. What say you about "rules" in general, gramps?

69. What is your favorite number, gramps?

70. You play Pokemon, gramps?

71. What single person/event/whatever in History do you think has had the most impact in the world, gramps?

72. What's so good about history, gramps?

73. If you had one person to take with you during the robot apocalypse (assuming you are spared), who would it be, gramps?

74. What is more likely, a zombie apocalypse or a robot apocalypse, gramps?

75. New car smell or new book smell, gramps?

76. Can you drive, gramps?

77. What do you like to eat for breakfast, gramps?

78. What say you about this, gramps:

79. If you were on an island with another person, a complete stranger, would you eat them (or one of their body parts at least) knowing that if you didn't, you would die, gramps?

80. What do you think of Charlie the Unicorn, gramps?

81. What is your favorite insult, gramps (think playful)?

82. Why are you so old, gramps?

83. If you're gramps, who is grandma?

84. Batman or Iron Man, gramps?

85. Are you at all familiar with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, gramps?

86. What do you think of Bond movies, gramps?

87. What say you about Disney movies, gramps?

88. What game systems do you own, gramps?

89. Don't you think you're a little too old to play video games, gramps?

90. Butter or cheese, gramps?

91. Soda or juice, gramps?

92. Guns or roses, gramps?

93. What say you about fidget spinners, gramps?

94. Sneakers or boots, gramps?

95. Grand-pere, mangez-vous comme un cochon ?

96. If you're gramps, then who is dad?

97. Tell me your favorite meme, gramps!

98. If I met you IRL, what would probably be the first thing I would know about you, gramps?

99. As of today, how many problems do you have, gramps?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

101. Do you like Dalmatians?

5 hours ago, Claudius I said:

8. I don't think they ever have (except for Kim this one time, I think).

I thanked you... I think.

@Arcanite Holy Hera that was a lot of unnecessary spoilers for question 100. I tried quoting you here but my computer just about exploded.

XVIII. Favorite of the Olympian gods?

XIX. Do you prefer their Greek names or their Roman ones?

XX. Are you aware that the Colosseum (in Rome) isn't actually a Colosseum?

XXI. Aside from Rome, favorite place to travel in Italy?

XXII. Are you aware that I initially found you intimidating when I first met you?

XXIII. Do you play any of The Legend of Zelda?

XXIV. Best form of government, in your opinion? (E.g. monarchy, democracy, theocracy, etc.)

XXV. Favorite Tolkien language?

XXVI. Can you explain to me why, in the Lord of the Rings, everything has a cool name (Rivendell, Mordor, Erebor, somethingelse-or) except the main destination at the heart of the evil empire, which is unexpectedly called just Mt. Doom?

XXVII. If you could travel anywhere in Middle-Earth where would you go?

XXVIII. Have you read Beowulf?

XXIX. Are you aware of how big of an influence Norse mythology played in Lord of the Rings, and in turn, the entire modern fantasy genre?

XXX. Is it better to be feared or loved?

Edited by Rex Glacies

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

17. SEVENTEEN

damn i rly thought this would link to something else : (

8. on a related note, hatt thoughts on this song!!

Spoiler

Edited by Painkiller B
stan hitori

5 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Holy Hera that was a lot of unnecessary spoilers for question 100. I tried quoting you here but my computer just about exploded.

My computer actually lagged pretty badly while I was typing 101 LOL

I did it for the memes

4 minutes ago, Painkiller B said:

damn i rly thought this would link to something else : (

For future reference, I'll keep that song ready for coming interviews

I am one with the meme and the meme is with me

102. Are you one with the meme and is the meme truly with you?

6 hours ago, Claudius I said:

m8 ur a really ugly word in dutch

bich kom vechten dan!

Alm

Does this make my robot wife Celica?

28. I get a haircut only once a year. But I shave off the mustache and cut the beard short whenever they get so long that they start to annoy me, Alm.

shit u think that's weird?

Spoiler

I haven't had a haircut for over two years...

31. NO I'M SORRY I HAVE FAILED YOU ALM

smh, gramps

Spoiler

Our 20 cats are going to be named after Fire Emblem characters and Roman Emperors!

FE AND ROMAN EMPERORS!

FE 

ROMAN EMPERORS

Forget again, and I won't be so forgiving.

cats>kids

Wasn't that the one The History of Middle-earth book @Natalie read too? (Because she thinks reading one of the less important The History of Middle-earth books is more important than finishing The Return of the King).

shit man, stop dropping me in this!!!

I thought you weren't sharing my explicit details.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

22. So gramps, is it true that when you older folks wanted to chat up a fine lookin' honey you said, "hiya toots"?
lol fine lookin' honey

Arcanite...

I'm crying

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

How adorable~

49. You know she's taken already right, gramps?

33. Are you going to fite my robot wife to win my heart, gramps?

21. IDK THAT'S PRESSURE
What qualifies as "something cute" anyway, Alm?

34. You
Uhh, just something that sounds adorable, gramps! I DON'T CARE JUST DO IT!

35. Why do you think that most of the recent interviews involve members setting me up with the interviewee, gramps?

36. What do you mainly eat for your din dins, gramps?

37. If you don't cook very much gramps, who cooks for you?

38. Why is your bedtime so strict, gramps?

39. Can you draw me like one of your Dutch girls, gramps?

40. Isn't this one of the most moving scenes in LotR, gramps?

41. Favourite pizza toppings, gramps?

42. Weirdest thing you've eaten, gramps?

43. If you could live anywhere in the world (excluding the Netherlands, you patriotic bum), where would you choose, gramps?

44. Why do you let your ice cream melt before eating it, gramps?

45. Favourite day of the week, gramps?

46. Why are the Dutch so crazy about cycling, gramps?

47. How many bikes do you own, gramps?

48. Have you ever thought about just walking instead of cycling somewhere, gramps?

49. Is there anywhere in the Netherlands you haven't been to, but would like to visit, gramps?

50. Do people say you look your age, younger, or older, gramps?

51. Petition to rename the interview thread "The Interview Chat Thread of Derailment and Discussion of Hatt's Thigh Preference", gramps?

3 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Arcanite...

I'm crying

I'm assuming tears of joy XD

I always thought that line was funny lol 

4 minutes ago, Natalie said:

39. Can you draw me like one of your Dutch girls, gramps?

I'd paint you like one of my American girls but I'm not 100% sure if that's good or bad

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Petition to rename the interview thread "The Interview Chat Thread of Derailment and Discussion of Hatt's Thigh Preference", gramps?

I second this notion*

103. Do you like Rebecca's thighs that much, gramps? I find an old man like you shouldn't be fawning over such a young girl like that. Hmph!

What is your opinion on Michalis?

Do you have any impression on Motendra and since that impression has said impression changed/has he lived up to them?

What's you opinion on lachesism?

Do you swear fealty to The King?

Where are you currently in your quest to play every FE game to completion? (cause I apparently forgot)

6: Opinion of the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: How did one as young as you acquire the name Gramps?

10: Opinion on people who call the Netherlands Holland?

7 hours ago, Claudius I said:

12. Hmm... It's really hard to pick just one because there are so many, but I'm going to go with the time I got The Hobbit in Latin for Sinterklaas.

LOL.

6. Would you say that was your weirdest Sinterklaas present?

7. How do you celebrate Sinterklaas nowadays?

2. Uhhhh... Honestly, the Netherlands has some really great sweet stuff, like hagelsag and stroopwafels. I don't think they count as culinary specialties, but I'm going to pick them anyway!

8. I agree stroopwafels are great, but what so good about hagelslag?

9. Maar wat vind je van drop?

10. Beste soort drop?

11. What's your opinion on people who combine dutch and english while speaking?

12. Do you also sometimes find yourself writing out an answer in the wrong language?

13. Do you watch anime? (It's probably mentioned somewhere, but I must have missed it)

14. If so, which one is your favorite?

21. Do you believe in fate?

22. Do you believe in God?

23. Do you believe in love?

24. Do you believe in aliens?

25. Do you believe the moon landing really happened?

26. Do you believe the Ark of the Covenant is really still out there somewhere?

27. How about Noah's Ark?

28. How about Joan of Arc?

29. Do you believe in absolutes?

30. The area now none as the Netherlands has changed hands among kingdoms and empires more times than just about any other part of Europe. Of all these different rulers and the policies they brought with them, which do you like the most?

23 hours ago, Claudius I said:

How often have you played yet? It took me a few tries before I could even get to Sakuya. She was very hard for me too though.

It was a couple years ago now that I last gave it a serious attempt, but it took me a few days of attempts to even make it to her. Granted, I only ever made it to her once, so maybe saying that Patchouli intimidates me would be more accurate.

23 hours ago, Claudius I said:

12. Shiki Eiki! She is the judge. She is the law. She is justice.
(I mean, what were you expecting?)
ALTHOUGH Konngara was actually my favorite for a long time, but she moved to second place quite a while ago. They're still really close though!

Alright, not too bad. A bit predictable, but I'll give you a B+. Luckily, I hadn't thought of anything that would happen if you failed the test, so you escape unscathed for now.

18. Compared to the other franchises that you listed as your favorites, Touhou almost seems a bit out of place. What about Touhou makes it worthy of being one of your favorites?

19. Do you have a favorite game soundtrack? And if so, what is it?

20. Do you like musicals?

21. How knowledgeable are you about classic American music?

22. Do you believe in rock and roll?

23. Can music save your mortal soul?

24. And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

25. Would you forgive me if I tried to reference something that you may or may not even know about? Blame Sully's questions for making me think of it.