SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Do you have any interest in Astrophysics?

2. How about history? What areas of history?

3. If you had to choose right now, would you support Caesar and the Romans or Ariovistus and the Germans?

4. Do you know how to solve a Rubik's Cube?

5. Are you a kid or a squid?

1. lux what are ur first and current impressions of me

2. what flight rising flight do you think would have suit you the best if light didn't exist

3. what kind of person do you think you are

4. do you have a favourite song

1. First: A really friendly person that made me feel welcome in HHH when I was still a shy lurker.

Current: Still a very friendly person whom I haven't had the chance to interact with as much in the last few months

2. Arcane

3. I'm the kind person kind of person >v>

A more serious answer, a kind and helpful person who's a big nerd and let his shyness and over-active imagination get in the way.

4. Probably Fix You by Coldplay

1. What Canadian City would you like to live in?

2. What is love?

3. Favourite biome(s)?

4.Favourite OST?

5. Favourite or Favorite?

1. Boring answer, but Gatineau-Ottawa. It's a big city, without being too big and the fact that it's the country's capital gives it more importance, so we're not really missing much due to being too small. Also, after visiting Manhattan, I really to enjoy how 'green' it is for a city. There's plenty of big trees everywhere and the Gatineau Park is literally 5-10 mins of walk away from my house.

2. A warm hug. Alternatively, Baby don't hurt me, no more

3. Temperate seasonal forest, tropical rain forest and sub-tropical desert.

4. As far as video games are concerned, Xenoblade Chronicles. I never really thought about movies or anime. Honourable mentions to Hans Zimmer and Yuki Kajiura for movie soundtrack and anime soundtrack respectively.

5. Probably favorite, mainly because in French, there's no 'u' in 'favori'

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE GRADIENT

5. What type of gradient?

C'est comment la vie à Gatineau ?

Ça te dérange si je te pose mes questions en français durant ton entrevue ?

Est-ce que t'enlève la limite de questions ?

C'est bien. Le transport en commun dans certain coin de la ville pourrait être amélioré, mais en général, j'ai beaucoup la région.

Non, il n'y a pas de problèmes

Déjà fait!

1) Why do you want to be a teacher?

2) What do you think about teachers' pay? Do you think they should be paid more or less, and why?

3) What are your thoughts on tenure?

4) I think you said you wanted to teach uh between the level of high school and college (bonus question: what was that called?) but why is that?

5) If you could do any other job, what would it be?

1) I often offered my help regarding homework to friends and family and after finishing university and realizing there wasn't much I wanted to do with just a degree in biology, I got my current tutoring job, which I absolutely love doing. I like to learn new things and being able to use my knowledge to help others learn as well as being able to transmit all that knowledge, is something I really like.

2) Considering my dad was one and we managed to live a pretty comfortable life, it's not too bad. Though as he said, as a computer science teacher, he could have made twice the salary working for the federal government, but being a cégep teacher means you have more free time in general and 2 months of vacations during the summer. And I might be a filthy commie for saying this, but considering how much teachers in general have to deal with a lot of problems to do their jobs and the contribution they make in making the population educated, I think they should probably get a bit more money. I know it's capitalism, but the fact that people whose jobs is to play sports for the entertainment of watchers get paid millions of dollars while the teacher that deals with overcrowded classrooms while trying to educate the next generation only get a fraction is kind of disheartening. Not that professional sport players don't work hard or that all teachers are all perfect at their job though.

3) Never really thought about tenure to be honest. On the spot like that though, tenure might be too quick to make bad teachers permanent employees, it also offers job security, which is definitely a nice things for government employees concerning how many employees in various branch of the government got their job axed during the Harper years.

4) Mentioned it in my second answer (Cégep). As to why I want to teach at that level it's because the amount of discipline needed is minimal. People aren't forced to be there and they're paying for their education now. They're also older and more mature. No students setting erasers on fire on a heating plate at the back of the room or starting a poker game in the corner of the class. As for why Cégep and not university, a Cégep teacher doesn't need a Ph.D. and doesn't have to spend some of his time on research.

5) Probably novel writer. I often have all sorts of ideas that goes through my head for stories, though I rarely write them down.

Lux we have much to talk about my friend

1) What are your first and current impressions of me?

2) Favorite childhood memory with your little brother?

3) Where do you think you'll be 10 years from now?

4) What class / character do you like the most in Elsword and why?

1) First: A shy but really generous person who even helped me feel more included in the HHH gang by making me an avi when group avi was a thing.

Current: A really great friend with whom I have fun sharing my ideas and that made me discover a lot of pretty great songs. Speaking of which, the PM has been deserted for a pretty long while (though I have my part in that. I was supposed to post a draft of chapter 1 months ago hue)

2) If I'm allowed to include someone else than my brother as well as making a broad selection, then probably playing gauntlet legends/banjo-tooie shootouts on the 64 and pretend playing with him and my friend when we were in elementary school. If it's a particular memory with my brother, then probably when we reenacted the Romeo and Juliet musical comedy with our plushies.

3) Honestly, up till recently the future was such a source of anxiety that I never really looked 10 years ahead, but hopefully, either I'll be a permanent teacher at the local Cégep or a busy writing a sequel to a novel.

4) Probably Yama Raja. Even after trying various classes in the last few weeks, I still prefer Yama Raja due to the double jump, the X-X loop and it's selection of abilities, especially the art cancelling and secret arts. The added range of the spirit energy balls is also really nice. Honourable mentions to Elemental Master and Code Battle Seraph that are really fun to play as well thanks to their large room clearing abilities. And the bit of Asura that I've played made it seems fun since it shares a lot with Yama Raja.

1. Which languages do you speak?

2. How did you come up with your username?

3. Visne mecum Latinam loqui?

4. Are you interested in law?

5. Do you cycle?

1. French and English

2. I liked the phrase 'light of hope' but didn't want to name myself that and since I find that 'lux' or even Latin in general has a nice ring to it, I chose ran it through google translate and was satisfied with 'LuxSpes'. Though if I remember correctly, luxspes is just light-hope.

3. Pls no :x My knowledge is limited to what biological taxonomy and etymology of french allowed me to learn. I'm nowhere near fluent in it and have to resort to the whims of google translate.

4. I haven't actively sought information on law, but I wouldn't be closed to the possibility of learning about it someday.

5. If you refer to bicycle, I haven't done so in a while.

1: Why is Radiant Dawn your favorite FE?

2: Which FE character is your favorite?

3: What other series do you like besides FE?

4: Do you like Star Wars?

5: Have you read any of the Chronicles of Narnia books?

6: Have you seen any of the Narnia movies?

7: What's your favorite food?

8: What's your favorite beverage?

9: What's your favorite color?

10: How did you get into the FE series?

1. It was the first FE game that I played and I really like a lot of it's mechanics compared to other games that I've played in the series. I also really like the world building and political intrigue in it. I also like the concept of 3rd tier classes as well as the ability to promote without seals or get mastery skills without occult scrolls. I also like a lot of the chapters in it and the action move across various opposing factions. Also, I can replay it a lot without getting sick of the game. I used to have Awakening equal to RD in terms of my favorite FE game, but I became bored with FEA after various replays while I've replayed RD 20+ times and am still enjoying it.

2. Haven't really thought about it before, but I'll go with Micaiah.

3. Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade.

4.Yes I do, though I haven't gotten into anything passed the movies.

5. Yes. My dad used to read them to me and my brother when we were little and I later read them on my own.

6. I think I've seen all of them

7. Probably pizza. or chocolate.

8. Water. I like juice, but I force myself to drink it before the best before date since I'm always drinking water.

9. Blue

10. Melee and brawl got me familiar with the series, but I thought it was a japan only series. I then stumbled on RD in a rental store and took it home and really enjoyed my time with the game. I later found it for sale and bought it.

Your favorite Coldplay album?

most fond memory?

would you ever see yourself meeting up with naughx or any other Canadian SF member?

another language you wanted to learn?

6. A Rush of Blood to the Head

7. Mentioned it earlier in answer to Kitty, but probably playing various games with my friend and brother. My 'good ol' time'

8. I would like to meet them, but I don't know if it will ever happen. The closest I was to a SF member that I'm aware of was when Mei visited Ottawa a earlier this year.

9. I'm pretty happy with my French/English combination, but if I had to learn another, I guess Japanese.

1. Who are you?

2. Why is RD your favorite FE?

3. Favorite character in general?

4. Favorite food?

5. If you weren't born as a human, what would you have been born as?

1. Some guy who joined SF because of Awakening, stopped logging in after the hype died down and came back when Pokemon X&Y came out to get some Friend Safaries. Stayed because I made friend and got sucked in the HHH thread.

2. In order to save space in what is already probably a huge wall of text, I'll refer you to my first answer to Fire Emblem Fan

3. For FE, it's in my second answer to Fire Emblem Fan, but if we go in general, probably Edward Elric from FMA.

4. Pizza or chocolate

5. A dragon

1. Do you have any interest in Astrophysics?

2. How about history? What areas of history?

3. If you had to choose right now, would you support Caesar and the Romans or Ariovistus and the Germans?

4. Do you know how to solve a Rubik's Cube?

5. Are you a kid or a squid?

1. I read some articles on it and found it interesting, but I never looked too deeply into the subject

2. I find history important and often interesting, but I haven't really went much farther than what school taught me. Probably anything from antiquity to renaissance.

3. I'll say Caesar and the Romans

4. I do. Though I haven't solved one in a long time.

5. A squid

1. How are you today?

2. First and current impressions of me?

3. Are you participating in the light flight puush?

4. Favorite pokemon?

5. What do you think of the phrase "hon hon hon baguette"?

1. I'm doing good!

2. First: Someone new that started posting on HHH during the time where I was the least active on it. For some reason, I remember the Kougyoku Ren theme.

Current: A cool person I haven't really had the chance to interact with outside of Flight Rising related stuff on skype.

3. Considering I'm pretty near having optimized level 25 dragons, I think I will try to do my part.

4. Metagross

5. Find it kind of cliché and stereotypical, but it doesn't stop me from finding it really funny.

Loooox like it's your turn now : )))))

1. Hi Lux when are you coming to Toronto?

2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?

3. Do you know how to skate?

4. Use one word to describe yourself.

5. What is your favourite thing to order at Tim Hortons?

6. Impressions? '-'

11. Which Star Wars movie is your favorite?

12. Which Narnia book is your favorite?

13. Which Star Wars character is your favorite?

14. Would you want a pet bear, or a pet lion? Domesticated, of course!

15. Have you ever been on a rollercoaster?

16. What's your favorite season?

17. What's your favorite holiday?

18. If you could master any weapon instantly, which would you choose?

19. Which Zelda game is your favorite?

20. What's your favorite genre of film?

Loooox like it's your turn now : )))))

1. Hi Lux when are you coming to Toronto?

2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?

3. Do you know how to skate?

4. Use one word to describe yourself.

5. What is your favourite thing to order at Tim Hortons?

6. Impressions? '-'

1. I dunno, when are you coming to Ottawa? >v> I rarely went to Toronto. It's pretty far from here and I don't have any family there. And if I want to go to a big city, Montreal is 2 hours away and I family where I can sleep without spending a dime. Though IIRC some of the biggest anime convention take place in Toronto, so maybe I'll go attend one to see what a big convention looks like.

2. Apple pie. Bias because my dad makes homemade apple pies from the apples that grow on our property.

3. Yes I do, I live next to the world's longest skating rink, I'd be a sham if I didn't. But don't expect me to skate backward.

4. Introvert

5. Dark chocolate hot chocolate back when it was a thing. For regular stuff, double chocolate doughnut.

6. [spoiler=First]o90HSGO.png

[spoiler=Current]sZowniK.png

On a more serious note: First: seems like a nice person.

Current: Is a really nice and funny person. Bonus point for being a fellow Canadian

11. Which Star Wars movie is your favorite?

12. Which Narnia book is your favorite?

13. Which Star Wars character is your favorite?

14. Would you want a pet bear, or a pet lion? Domesticated, of course!

15. Have you ever been on a rollercoaster?

16. What's your favorite season?

17. What's your favorite holiday?

18. If you could master any weapon instantly, which would you choose?

19. Which Zelda game is your favorite?

20. What's your favorite genre of film?

11. Return of the Jedi

12. It's been a while since I've read them so I'm probably forgetting others, but I'll go with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe since it's the one I have the most fond memory of. Might change if I re-read them.

13. Obi-wan

14. Pet Bear

15. Never been on a big one.

16. Fall

17. Christmas

18. The sword

19. Hnnngh. I don't know if I can choose. OoT, MM, WW and SS are pretty much tied for me. I guess I'll let nostalgia win today and say OoT.

20. Probably action adventure. Be it sci-fi, fantasy or more 'real' settings.

luxspes is a pretty good username imo

it's kinda funny though, english doesn't get any derivatives from spes/spero other than despair, the opposite of hope (which technically comes from despero, but who cares about semantics?)

ANYWAY

6. Why biology over all other sciences?

7. Do you have a favorite biological process?

8. Opinions on Xenoblade Chronicles X compared to Xenoblade Chronicles?

9. What is your opinion on Leopold II of Belgium?

10. First/current impressions?

luxspes is a pretty good username imo

it's kinda funny though, english doesn't get any derivatives from spes/spero other than despair, the opposite of hope (which technically comes from despero, but who cares about semantics?)

ANYWAY

6. Why biology over all other sciences?

7. Do you have a favorite biological process?

8. Opinions on Xenoblade Chronicles X compared to Xenoblade Chronicles?

9. What is your opinion on Leopold II of Belgium?

10. First/current impressions?

6. I've always been fascinated with learning about animals since I was I young. I used to read encyclopedia on various animals. And in school, I found biology to be the most entertaining science for me to study and the one I had the most ease with. And sometimes, when I watch an animal or look at how my hand moves without conscious commands, I'm just amazed all over again.

7. Reaction to stimulus probably, mainly because of things like the Venus flytrap.

8. While I think that XCX is a good game, I just can't bring myself to like it more than Xenoblade Chronicles. I thing it handles quests a lot better than XC and the battle system is interesting, but for pretty much everything else, I prefer the original. I do feel that comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges since despite sharing the Xenoblade moniker and the basis of the battle system, they're pretty different. Heck, I think that for what it was going for, XCX did it just as well as XC did it's own thing. Taking the OSTs as an example, the music of XC wouldn't have fit well with the setting of XCX and the soundtrack the latter got is fitting and really good, I just prefer the tracks of XC overall. (I was listening to Gaur Plains while writing this)

9. Never heard of him, so I have no opinion on the chap. Though a cursory google search makes me think it isn't someone I would have liked to hang with.

10. First: Guy whose avatar is from that EO game I haven't finished. Seems like a nice guy.

Current: Been converted to the k-pop legion. In addition to the first impression, seems knowledgeable about a variety academic domains.

7. why do i appreciate you so much?????

7. Because I also eat maple syrup flavored kraft dinner poutine?

2. I liked the phrase 'light of hope' but didn't want to name myself that and since I find that 'lux' or even Latin in general has a nice ring to it, I chose ran it through google translate and was satisfied with 'LuxSpes'. Though if I remember correctly, luxspes is just light-hope.

"Light of hope" would be "lux spei."

Heh, somehow I had a feeling your username was a Google Translate product. <v<

6. Which FE games have you played, actually?

7. Would you play the oldest FE games?

8. Are you familiar with Tolkien's works?

9. What's your favorite kind of pizza?

10. What is your opinion on Rome, the Roman Empire and the Romans?

I completely ignored this thread for a bit so I could focus on Scribbles and other stuff XP

6. Greatest stunt you pulled off or walked away from?

7. Favorite Mario Power-Up?

8. What would you look like as an anime character?

9. Least favorite Pokemon?

10. Who's your coolest Nintendo villain? (i.e. Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, etc.)

How integrated are Ottawa and Gatineau? Are they an average Metropolitan region or are they more like different cities due to the language difference? Do people who speak french as their first language live mostly on the Gatineau side and people who speak english as their first language live mostly on the Ottawa side or do they blend in on both cities?

Do you teach in english or in french?

Do you know more people whose first language is french or english?

Sorry about the inpersonal questions, but a bilingual metropolitan region sort of interests me and i realized i never asked you this sort of thing haha

Edited by Nobody

"Light of hope" would be "lux spei."

Heh, somehow I had a feeling your username was a Google Translate product. <v<

6. Which FE games have you played, actually?

7. Would you play the oldest FE games?

8. Are you familiar with Tolkien's works?

9. What's your favorite kind of pizza?

10. What is your opinion on Rome, the Roman Empire and the Romans?

'>v>

6. I completed FE9, FE10, FE11 and FE13. I started FE7 and FE8, but haven't completed them.

7. Probably not.

8. Only the Hobbit and the LotR trilogy.

9. All-dressed with bacon or sausage

10. Rome is a nice city. I sometimes think that it's a shame that the Roman Empire crumbled cause I wonder where the world would be now if all the knowledge gathered in antiquity hadn't been lost for 10 millennia. The Romans are a bit of a joke since they can't deal with a handful of irreducible Gauls. (I need to make an Asterix reference)

6. Have you read any mangos?

7. Do you watch anime?

8. What annoys you?

9. Favorite name?

10. Opinion on pasta?

6. Never read a mango, but I have read a couple of mangas.

7. Yes I do, though I haven't watched much lately aside from OPM. I need to catch up on Noragami and watch the latest DRRR!!! season.

8. Computer lag. Which is more and more frequent on my laptop. Extreme patriotism and nationalism, snoring and people that constantly make loud or repetitive noise in public spaces.

9. Never really thought about this, but I'll go with Alexandre

10. I initially read this as 'Opinion or pastas' which left me confused.

Impressions?

First: Seems like an highly logical person. Kind of intimidating.

Current: Less intimidating due to interacting through Elsword. Someone who often presents point of views that I find interesting.

I completely ignored this thread for a bit so I could focus on Scribbles and other stuff XP

6. Greatest stunt you pulled off or walked away from?

7. Favorite Mario Power-Up?

8. What would you look like as an anime character?

9. Least favorite Pokemon?

10. Who's your coolest Nintendo villain? (i.e. Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, etc.)

6. Probably 8 year old me obliviously running across the street without having noticed the car coming down the road. The driver was able to brake just in time, but I didn't heard the car. I was to busy running from a wasp. GG 8 year old me.
7. The bell cat from Super Mario 3D World
9. Klink and it's evolutionary relatives.
10. Ganondorf, in particular the WW incarnation.

21. Why is Return of the Jedi your favorite Star Wars?

22. Favorite fictional character of all time?

23. Do you like to draw or write?

24. Which Metroid games have you played?

25. If you could learn one language instantly, which would you pick?

21. It's the one I remember the most fondly from when I was a child.

22. Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

23. I like to write and have been thinking about a story for a while now, though progress has been kind of stalled in the last months. As for drawing, I used to do so, but it was mostly poorly drawn scribbles. I would want to try again, I just need to make the time for it.

24. Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime, Hunters, Echoes, Corruption, Prime Trilogy and Other M.

25. Probably Japanese.

How integrated are Ottawa and Gatineau? Are they an average Metropolitan region or are they more like different cities due to the language difference? Do people who speak french as their first language live mostly on the Gatineau side and people who speak english as their first language live mostly on the Ottawa side or do they blend in on both cities?

Do you teach in english or in french?

Do you know more people whose first language is french or english?

Sorry about the inpersonal questions, but a bilingual metropolitan region sort of interests me and i realized i never asked you this sort of thing haha

Oh, another one:

How often do you use english IRL?

1. They're more like different cities. There's a lot of interactions, with tons of people living in Ottawa working in Gatineau and the opposite, but each has it's own distinct city council and services providers, due in big part that the cities are in 2 distinct provinces, Ottawa being in Ontario and Gatineau in Québec. The idea of making the region it's own political district has already been brought up before, but recently while both mayors say that they want to work to bring the 2 cities closer together in the future, they have more individual priorities to focus on right now.

2. There are English populations in Gatineau and French populations in Ottawa, but it is mostly French in Gatineau and English in Ottawa.

3. French. I work in Gatineau, so most of the clients are french speakers.

4. Mostly French speakers. I still know a decent amount of native English speakers, but the majority of my friends have French as their first language.

5. I use it pretty often. My mom's boyfriend understand French and can even speak it, but he's a native English speaker and my family is more fluent in English than he is in French, so we often speak in English for his sake. Really helped me master spoken English. Other than that, I tend to default to English whenever I'm in Ottawa, unless I heard the person speak French.

And no need to apologize for the questions, I liked answering them and I find it interesting that you take interest in that.

[spoiler=6. LUX HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS IMAGE]

XQrg6xS.png

7. Do you have any interest in Organic Chemistry?

6. I protest

7. Not really. I found the class I had on it interesting, but not enough to look up on it on my own.

Do you have an accent when you speak English?

I think I have a very slight one, or at least one that is nowhere near as obvious as most Quebecers when they speak in English.