SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11. Did you read/watch The Hobbit and/or LoTR?

12. What did you think of them?

13. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

14. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

15. Forgiveness or retribution?

26. What's your favorite colored lightsaber?

27. Who's lightsaber is your favorite?

28. What is/was your favorite subject in school?

29. Have you seen both FMA animes or only one?

30. Or have you seen neither and only read the manga?

26. Purple, for how unique it is

27. Probably Darth Maul's because dual blade

28. Biology

29 - 30. I have only seen FMA:B, but after reading the manga. That I read the manga first kind of stops me from watching the original FMA anime since it takes the story and cast in a completely different direction.

11. Did you read/watch The Hobbit and/or LoTR?

12. What did you think of them?

13. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

14. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

15. Forgiveness or retribution?

11. I read and watched all of them.

12. I enjoy the books for many reason, one being the nostalgia factor since my dad used to read them to us before we went to sleep. I also appreciate how they set the trend for most of modern fantasy. As for the movies, I really enjoy the LotR movies and am in the process of re-watching the extended versions. Regarding the Hobbit movies, I found the first one decent, the second one mediocre and the last one unenjoyable. I think they really dropped the ball with the Hobbit. I recently learned that someone had made a 'Tolkien cut' of the movies to bring the total screen time to around 4 hours, so maybe that'd be interesting to watch at some point.

13. Probably active at the beginning for certain aspect, but then take a more passive approach.

14. Legal naturalism

15. Forgiveness

Brother Lux is being interviewed? Let me hop in on this.

1. Impressions?
2. WILL YOU TEACH ME FRENCH?!?

3. Favorite variation of a sword, lance, and axe within fiction? Like, what series is it from and what's it called?

I'll think of more later.

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

2. If you could learn any languages, which ones would you want to know and why?

3. Have you read/watched anything good lately?

4. Got any game/show/anime/music/movie recommendations?

5. Favorite way to kill time?

Note to myself, don't start answering these at around 12:50

Brother Lux is being interviewed? Let me hop in on this.

1. Impressions?
2. WILL YOU TEACH ME FRENCH?!?

3. Favorite variation of a sword, lance, and axe within fiction? Like, what series is it from and what's it called?

1. First: Someone that I didn't know whether to call Kam or Sorin and liked Cordelia a lot.

Current: A creative friend that likes to pop in to proclaim an exuberant greeting on skype before disappearing just as suddenly. (It's been a while since we had a proper discussion, which is a shame :x)

2. Bien sûr! Mais prépare toi à une langue remplie d'exceptions.

3. Sword: Monado from Xenoblade

Lance: Probably Gae Bolg from F/SN

Axe: Does Mjolnir count?

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

2. If you could learn any languages, which ones would you want to know and why?

3. Have you read/watched anything good lately?

4. Got any game/show/anime/music/movie recommendations?

5. Favorite way to kill time?

1. I haven't really traveled that much and I wouldn't boast about my knowledge of life conditions in other countries, but considering what I know, I honestly think that I'd stay in Canada, probably in the same area I am now. As to why, it's multiple things, the life conditions, the climate, the environment and just the familiarity.

2. If I could, I would like to learn as much languages as possible. I used to read exclusively in French, but when I started to be familiar in English, returning to various pieces of media that I had seen/read/heard translated and re-experiencing in their original format made me like some of those pieces of media even more. There's a lot of things that get lost in translation and being able to appreciate something in it's original languages is really satisfying. But if I had to limit it to one, it would probably be Japanese since most of the media I consume that aren't in French or English are in Japanese.

3. I haven't really read anything new in the last few months, but during the summer, I read the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson that I enjoyed. As for anything I watched, I really didn't watch anything new aside of One Punch Man, which I enjoyed.

4. [spoiler=Games]

MH4U: It looks like 'Grinding: The Game' and though there's definitely some grind aspect to it, it's really fun. Also, defeating a monster 4x the size of my house with seconds left to spare is a glorious feeling.

Xenoblade Chronicles: If you like JRPGs, haven't played it before and are able to find a copy of this game, I say you should definitely go for it.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time and Echoes is not far behind. I liked Corruption less, but it's still a very good and well made game.

Also something that's probably now referred as the love it/hate it for the hype game, Undertale. If you're lucky enough to have never heard of Undertale before, you should try the free demo and see if it's your thing.

Honourable mention to Team Fortress 2. I've never been one to like mature multiplayer online shooters, but the goofiness and art style of the game made me try it and the gameplay made me keep going back for several years. Haven't played it in a while, but I still jump in from time to time. Plus it has hats.

[spoiler=Anime] FMA:Brotherhood: Often, on stories I like, I'll find that the ending is often a bit of a let down, but FMA probably has the most satisfying end out of nearly every story I read or listened too. It also handles a variety of moods really well and has a sizeable cast where a majority of the characters gets a chance to shine.

Code Geass: If you like large ham puppet master morally ambiguous protagonist with giant fighting robots this is a thing. Also, if FMA had the most satisfying ending, I think this one while not satisfying per say, really closes the show perfectly, especially in regards to one particular line from the main character that stuck with me.

Psycho-Pass: It's getting late and my brain is getting fuzzy, so the only thing I'll say is that it's a really good mature, dark intrigue anime and that my recommendation only applies to the first season.

Fate/Zero: I only knew fragments of F/SN's story and I still managed to enjoy F/Z immensely. After watching the F/SN anime adaption, I still think that F/Z is the stronger of the two.

Steins;Gate: There's a really slow start, but if you can get past it, it's a really good sci-fi drama/romance that actually deals with a time travel story that isn't filled with glaring plot holes.

Ouran Highschool Hostclub: Sure it take places in a pink highschool, but it's one of the first anime I watched and I remember tearing up from laughter when watching it.

Speaking of anime with a lot of pink, Skip Beat! is also pretty funny.

[spoiler=Music]

Probably the most subjective section of this already plenty subjective answer.

-Billy Joel

-Coldplay (go for the earlier album if you want more alt rock and the later ones for more pop rock)

-Jimmy Eat World

-The Killers

-Soundtracks by Joe Hisaishi (of studio Ghibli fame. I'd recommend Legend of Ashitaka and Princess Mononoke's theme)

-Tokyo Ghoul's soundtrack (first opening and 2nd ending included)

-Yuki Kajiura's soundtracks (Some of her tracks for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles in particular)

-Hans Zimmer's soundtracks

-Tryo (French artist)

-Mistral Gagnant

-Xenoblade's OST

-Yoko Shimomura's Soundtracks.

-Probably more that I can't think of

[spoiler=Movies]

-Gladiator

-The Dark Knight

-Cyrano de Bergerac (if you understand French, it's a must watch)

- A majority of Pixar movies

-Probably others

5. Listening to music, doing Sudoku.

oh Lux

1.) Hi Lux

2.) Obligatory impressions

3.) What is your opinion of this Lux

4.) Going off of that why is this skin the greatest thing ever

1.) Hey Breezy

2.) First: An agreeable person I was randomly paired with in a multi-battle tournament that didn't go nowhere. (I think I trained all the pokemon that were planned for the team. Just never had the chance to use them.)

Current: Someone who uses Magical Girl me as an avatar.

3.) Where did riot find picture of girl me from an alternate universe.

4.) Cause alternate universe girl me is an actual magical girl.

1. Favorite Xenoblade boss fight? (Put this answer in a spoiler if you think that's necessary.)

2. Thoughts and/or opinions on the linguistic nightmare that is the English language?

3. Related to the above question, which of the two languages (French or English) do you prefer?

11?. First/Current impressions?

12. Ability to fly or turn invisible?

13. What would you do with a million dollars? (or a million of whatever you use where you are)

14. What would you do with a million pineapples?

15. How well are you at swordplay?

1. Favorite Xenoblade boss fight? (Put this answer in a spoiler if you think that's necessary.)

2. Thoughts and/or opinions on the linguistic nightmare that is the English language?

3. Related to the above question, which of the two languages (French or English) do you prefer?

The 2-part battle against Egil/Yaldabaoth in Agniratha. Mostly for story reasons, the cutscenes between and after the fights and Tragic Decision.

2. Nice language that isn't too hard to learn. I do think it feels more informal than French, but that might just be more on French than on English.

3. French because it's my native tongue and I find that it can be more poetic/flowing than English.

31. Do you think people are unfairly harsh on the Star Wars prequels?

32. Why biology?

33. Would you say FMA:B is your favorite anime?

34. Would you say FMA is your favorite manga?

35. Did you like Other M?

31. It's been a while since I saw them, but my current thought are that they have some big flaws, but that receive a bit too much flack.

32. I already answered a similar question. First reply of the post.

33. Yes

34. Definitely

35. I abhor it.

?. Is this in the light flight forum? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl8/1682662/53#post_17473059

?b. If so, can you tell me what it is

11. Do you play Zelda?

12. Can you sing at all?

?a. It is in the Light Flight forum

?b It's a thread about Dominance. In particular the valentine one.

11. Yes I do!

12. I can sing. I sang once in a call on skype.

11?. First/Current impressions?

12. Ability to fly or turn invisible?

13. What would you do with a million dollars? (or a million of whatever you use where you are)

14. What would you do with a million pineapples?

15. How well are you at swordplay?

11. This thread is the first time that I can remember where really interacted with you. My impressions at you being an optimistic game designer that is located wherever they like being.

12. Fly

13. Probably invest in various places and live off the interest, allowing me to do pretty much whatever I want.

14. I dunno, walk around town giving people free pineapples? No way I can eat a million of them.

15. My swordplay skills are non-existent.

36. What would you say is your favorite thing about FMA?

37. Did you cry at that one death that I won't specify because spoilers?

I'm totally talking about Hughes.

38. What would you say is your absolute favorite video game of all time?

39. Did you participate in the Serenes Scribbles contest?

40. This is my last batch of questions. How did I do?

32. I already answered a similar question. First reply of the post.

Whoops, sorry!

35. I abhor it.

You...monster!

All right Luxington, let's get some questions in

1. Hey Lux?

2. Have you ever had paella? If so, what did you think of it? If not, would you try some?

3. What is a perfect day to you?

4. Would you play a shmup/STG? And which would it be?

5. Which of your most common habits do you dislike?

6. Are you the person you wanted to be? (Mostly in terms of personality)

7. Which natural phenomena would you like to witness?

8. What tier boss would you set yourself as? (e.g. low, mid, high, final, secret, joke, etc)

9. What is one of your tenets?

10. Which of the seven virtues do you think can do the most harm to a person?

11. How susceptible are you to the "flights of fancy" of other people?

16. Do you play any musical instruments?

17. Would you like to read more of Tolkien's legendarium (such as The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales)?

18. Why legal naturalism over legal positivism?

19. Achievement in your life you're most proud of?

20. First and current impressions of me?

As your last day, I might as well give out a few more questions:

16. Favorite emoticon

17. Favorite thing to do or see where you're at

18. Worst level you've been through

19. Most disgusting thing you've eaten

20. Did you take part in the Scribbles contest

Edited by Power Master

1. Impressions!?

2. Whats your favorite Zelda game?

3. What other Anime/Manga do you like alot other than FMA?

1. First: Someone that I saw around the forum, but didn't really interact with.

Current: Nice guy that seems very involved here, especially in the Smash forum.

2. Hard question. I don't think I have a clear favorite between OoT, MM, WW and SS. Someone asked the same question earlier and I replied with OoT, but I'll go with SS today.

3. Silver Spoon, Steins;Gate, One Piece, Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, Skip Beat, Fruit Basket, Ouran HSHC. Akatsuki no Yona. Durarara. Code Geass.

36. What would you say is your favorite thing about FMA?

37. Did you cry at that one death that I won't specify because spoilers?

I'm totally talking about Hughes.

38. What would you say is your absolute favorite video game of all time?

39. Did you participate in the Serenes Scribbles contest?

40. This is my last batch of questions. How did I do?

Whoops, sorry!

You...monster!

36. Probably the characters. Their personal development and their interactions are really interesting for me and I like a lot of the decently sized cast.

37. It's a terrible day for rain ;w;

38. Metroid Prime

39. I didn't.

40. You did well! Lot of interesting and varied questions.

Aucune opinion encore, mais j'ai acheté le jeu sur steam la semaine dernière, donc je devrais avoir une opinion éventuellement.

All right Luxington, let's get some questions in

1. Hey Lux?

2. Have you ever had paella? If so, what did you think of it? If not, would you try some?

3. What is a perfect day to you?

4. Would you play a shmup/STG? And which would it be?

5. Which of your most common habits do you dislike?

6. Are you the person you wanted to be? (Mostly in terms of personality)

7. Which natural phenomena would you like to witness?

8. What tier boss would you set yourself as? (e.g. low, mid, high, final, secret, joke, etc)

9. What is one of your tenets?

10. Which of the seven virtues do you think can do the most harm to a person?

11. How susceptible are you to the "flights of fancy" of other people?

1. Hey Sol?

2. Your question made me learn that paella was a thing. And I would try it.

3. A day where I can take a walk while listening to music, come home to do some things on my own and maybe end it with an activity with friends or family.

4. To be honest, I don't exactly know what is and isn't a shmups. I liked playing Star Fox 64, but I have no idea if that qualifies as a shmups.

5. My habit to procrastinate things out of fear or laziness

6. It's getting there.

7. Probably an aurora

8. mid

9. To be kind and polite toward people unless they give me a reason not to be.

10. Charity

11. I tend to plan ahead a lot and am wary by nature, so I'll tend to stop and weight the pro and cons instead of just jumping into the hype.

16. Do you play any musical instruments?

17. Would you like to read more of Tolkien's legendarium (such as The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales)?

18. Why legal naturalism over legal positivism?

19. Achievement in your life you're most proud of?

20. First and current impressions of me?

16. I play a bit of piano and I play the clarinet.

17. Maybe, depends if I have the time/impetus to do so.

18. Because I don't think that laws should be absolute.

19. I think it was getting my current job.

20. First: Someone with a NES Wrys avatar that seemed to have well-pondered opinions.

Current: Someone with a Touhou avatar that has a lot of knowledge on various subjects.

As your last day, I might as well give out a few more questions:

16. Favorite emoticon

17. Favorite thing to do or see where you're at

18. Worst level you've been through

19. Most disgusting thing you've eaten

20. Did you take part in the Scribbles contest

16. does this count as an emoticon: >v> Because if so, this is the one.

17. Going in the park during the fall and seeing the forest ablaze with colored leaves and the city far away in the background.

18. If this is referring to a stage in a video game, probably one of the temple stages in DKCR because of how frustratingly difficult they could be for me.

19. Some kind of horrible cheese on a salad in a restaurant that tasted like how cow dung smell.

20. I didn't.

13. you have nice taste in anime

14. Do you ever imagine users looking like their avatars?

15. How was this interview for you?

13. That's not a question, but thanks

14. All the time

15. Fun, though there were some questions that were hard to answer.