Best Units & Classes

HappyHawlucha

I don't really, I just wanted to know if the 1-2 range w/doubling is actually useful on her over stats.

I overwhelmingly prefer physical units anyway so tome access is not really important to me, and I wanted to know if it's actually situationally good. I'm not going to try to improve it if it's not. Leon and Elise are prolly enough for me as far as mages go.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Cam would rather bop shit at 1 range forever than bother with magic.

she also looks waaaay better as a W Lord in cutscenes and battle since she wears pants and armor instead of her kink gear

Edit: by the time Elise promotes E tomes will be pretty shit but maybe she could do some attack stance stuff with it though her staffing is much better. But yeah Leo's p much all the magic you need. Spellcaster Kamui as well is a good choice that transitions well into Dark Blood.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Well, for what it's worth...

Elise 20/1 Strategist has 26 Magic and 21 Speed

(The other stats are mostly irrelevant)

Her speed shoots up pretty fast, assuming you can get her the levels

She'll hit hard enough at least, even with a Fire or Rover

Once her tome rank goes up (and her speed) she'll start outdamaging Leo, though..of course it's "very risky", but yes very risky to attack with Elise, since it's really easy for her to go down in a single hit

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Spellcaster Kamui as well is a good choice that transitions well into Dark Blood.

I heard that, but I'd rather go full physical. Personal preferences. I tend to run +Str and I'm probably going to look at Hero, or something. Berserker if I just wanna use Killer Axe and keep Yato in the inventory for the stats.

Edited by Thor Odinson

If you wanna go full physical, I recommend Samurai. Dragon Fang stacks nicely with Astra and the avoid and Crit bonus of TB in conjunction with Yato buffs are pretty silly. The avoid bonus also stacks with Jakob's personal for even more fun. +Str/-Res (you're preferred IIRC) has like 60% Str/Spd as a Samurai too. It's definitely a better choice than Hero. If you want Zerker then that's a different matter that I don't know how to advise

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I heard that, but I'd rather go full physical. Personal preferences. I tend to run +Str and I'm probably going to look at Hero, or something. Berserker if I just wanna use Killer Axe and keep Yato in the inventory for the stats.

Hell yeah another physical preferenced person with axes! Hifive!

Hi5

If you wanna go full physical, I recommend Samurai. Dragon Fang stacks nicely with Astra and the avoid and Crit bonus of TB in conjunction with Yato buffs are pretty silly. The avoid bonus also stacks with Jakob's personal for even more fun. +Str/-Res (you're preferred IIRC) has like 60% Str/Spd as a Samurai too. It's definitely a better choice than Hero. If you want Zerker then that's a different matter that I don't know how to advise

I might consider that for Nohr. Marx does benefit from it, right?

Oni is another one I want to do, mainly out of pure aesthetic bias, but also to let Charlotte pick up Ogre Strike and then go back to her regularly scheduled smashing. I'm pretty willing to let my MU subclass whatever that benefits their spouse (read: someone I want to favor) as long as I can still get the class I want to use out of buddy sealing someone.

But really I just wanna be really buff realtalk

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hi5

I might consider that for Nohr. Marx does benefit from it, right?

Oni is another one I want to do, mainly out of pure aesthetic bias, but also to let Charlotte pick up Ogre Strike and then go back to her regularly scheduled smashing. I'm pretty willing to let my MU subclass whatever that benefits their spouse (read: someone I want to favor) as long as I can still get the class I want to use out of buddy sealing someone.

But really I just wanna be really buff realtalk

incestuous cur

Marx would love TB. He'd border on immortal with it. He'd be Ryoma without the sketchy durability late game.

Sadly, MU can't buddy seal anyone unless you meant marriage seal.

Okay so that's how I thought it'd work to start with. (I don't plan on running Mamui if I'm going to S Marx to give him TB :P gonna name the femui ryouma though for kicks)

The question is now: does it work through buddy seal or normal parallel seal?

Edited by Thor Odinson

You can buy like 2 or 3 per Hosh/IK run which is more than enough, in my opinion. There's also a reverse club in Nohr though Cam puts it to best use.

Wait, so none of the other reverse weapons are obtainable on Nohr? Anyways, while reverse weapons may make being weapon locked not be as bad, they don't change the fact that being locked to one weapon is still a pretty big inconvenience, IMO.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Most weapon types are locked to Nohr or Hoshido respectively, barring MyCastle rank bonuses (kind of like renown) for interacting with other's teams.

You might get a chest item or a drop that gives you something that is ordinarily exclusive, but you cannot get them from your armory, and I think you might not be able to get anything except those available in infinite supply from other player's armories either. So you could get your standard Bronze/Iron/Steel/Silvers from other MyCastles, but things like Brave Weapons are strictly Nohr under ordinary circumstances, reverse weapons (or reavers as they were in some early games) are Hoshido, slayers (like Swordslayer Nagianta, Lanceslayer Club, etc.) are Hoshidan, Killer Weapons are Nohrian, etc.

Most weapon types are locked to Nohr or Hoshido respectively, barring MyCastle rank bonuses (kind of like renown) for interacting with other's teams.

You might get a chest item or a drop that gives you something that is ordinarily exclusive, but you cannot get them from your armory, and I think you might not be able to get anything except those available in infinite supply from other player's armories either. So you could get your standard Bronze/Iron/Steel/Silvers from other MyCastles, but things like Brave Weapons are strictly Nohr under ordinary circumstances, reverse weapons (or reavers as they were in some early games) are Hoshido, slayers (like Swordslayer Nagianta, Lanceslayer Club, etc.) are Hoshidan, Killer Weapons are Nohrian, etc.

I understand that much - I thought that weapons normally exclusive to the other side can be dropped by enemy units on that side.

I understand that much - I thought that weapons normally exclusive to the other side can be dropped by enemy units on that side.

Only some are, and in very limited amounts. Many weapons have to be obtained from Rank Bonuses or DLC.

You'll never find a Shining Bow in Hoshido, for example, and you'll only find one Armorslayer.

Only some are, and in very limited amounts. Many weapons have to be obtained from Rank Bonuses or DLC.

You'll never find a Shining Bow in Hoshido, for example, and you'll only find one Armorslayer.

...Oh rats. Anyways, isn't an Armorslayer only effective on Knights, Generals, and Great Knights? If that's so, then it wouldn't do much good on the Nohr side...

...Oh rats. Anyways, isn't an Armorslayer only effective on Knights, Generals, and Great Knights? If that's so, then it wouldn't do much good on the Nohr side...

There are Knights in chapter 13, and we get one Armorslayer in chapter 12.

There are Generals in chapter 18&26 and the final chapter.

So I've heard around that Magic is pretty much screwed this time around once more. Is it Radiant Dawn bad, or can I make it work?

Also: once I get the game, which might or might not be soon, I plan on marrying Orochi in Hoshido and Camilla in Nohr, which are some good classes for my unit to pass on to them or are they better off unchanged or reclassed to one of ther other natural classes?

So I've heard around that Magic is pretty much screwed this time around once more. Is it Radiant Dawn bad, or can I make it work?

Also: once I get the game, which might or might not be soon, I plan on marrying Orochi in Hoshido and Camilla in Nohr, which are some good classes for my unit to pass on to them or are they better off unchanged or reclassed to one of ther other natural classes?

Magic Growth means that your only real magic users are

Kamui: 30 Base Growth before Asset/Flaw

Felicia: 35

Azura: 25

Sakura: 50

Saizou: 45

Orochi: 65

Tsukuyomi: 40

Elise: 65

Odin: 30

Nyx: 50

Camilla: 25

Zero: 20

Leo: 55

Blah blah blah

Kamui/Tsukuyomi/Sakura are as balanced as you can get, good magic, speedy, and has defense.

A lot of people complain that Tsukuyomi joins at 1/0 at Chapter 9 though

Saizou is kind of slow if you ask me.

Orochi hits hard, but she's so slow she'll be a huge liability

Odin is kind of slow and his magic is a bit low

Zero isn't so bad

Elise, Nyx, and Azura if you really want to use her, are very fragile, but at least they'll destroy everything in their path. Elise does have to promote/reclass first though.

Felicia is ok, she's similar to Elise in a few aspects

Leo is slow, but he hits hard and has some defense at least

Camilla is probably better off as a physical unit, but she can wok I guess

I don't know your definition of Radiant Dawn, and I have my own..peculiarities with Radiant Dawn.

For example, you can still have 1RKOing magic users, but I'm not so sure about all that

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Magic Growth means that your only real magic users are

Kamui: 30 Base Growth before Asset/Flaw

Felicia: 35

Azura: 25

Sakura: 50

Saizou: 45

Orochi: 65

Tsukuyomi: 40

Elise: 65

Odin: 30

Nyx: 50

Camilla: 25

Zero: 20

Leo: 55

Blah blah blah

Kamui/Tsukuyomi/Sakura are as balanced as you can get, good magic, speedy, and has defense.

A lot of people complain that Tsukuyomi joins at 1/0 at Chapter 9 though

Saizou is kind of slow if you ask me.

Orochi hits hard, but she's so slow she'll be a huge liability

Odin is kind of slow and his magic is a bit low

Zero isn't so bad

Elise, Nyx, and Azura if you really want to use her, are very fragile, but at least they'll destroy everything in their path. Elise does have to promote/reclass first though.

Felicia is ok, she's similar to Elise in a few aspects

Leo is slow, but he hits hard and has some defense at least

Camilla is probably better off as a physical unit, but she can wok I guess

I don't know your definition of Radiant Dawn, and I have my own..peculiarities with Radiant Dawn.

For example, you can still have 1RKOing magic users, but I'm not so sure about all that

I see. I'll have see my units well in Nohr due to no-grind, but other people with the gae have told me Orochi can outweight her speed out of pure availability and magic power. Who knows, I'll have to see when I get them. Odin is the one that worries me, I really wanted to use not-Owain.

My definition of Radan Dawn-bad magic is "Holy shit, Micaiah, you have 40 Magic, why the hell are you not one-rounding anything" kinda bad. Magic was rather weak due to weapon might not escalting like physical weapons did and enemies all having resistance stats.

I get the feeling I posted the numbers a bit earlier but oh well

20/1 Strategist!Elise

24 HP, 26 MAG, 21 SPD, 7 DEF

20/20 Strategist!Elise

30 HP, 36 MAG, 32 SPD, 10 DEF

20/1 Exorcist Sakura

24 HP, 21 MAG, 19 SPD, 11 DEF

20/20 Exorcist Sakura

33 HP, 34 MAG, 29 SPD, 17 DEF

Tsukuyomi is alot like Sakura in general, Nyx is similar to Elise.

20/1 Exorcist Orochi

26 HP, 24 MAG, 11 SPD, 10 DEF

20/20 Exorcist Orochi

32 HP, 36 MAG, 17 SPD, 15 DEF

In general, the 20/0 or 20/1 and 20/20 stats are here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RWF-rNmpdehX4ZTIgbSpKxcQLFmPKp5YcAfxeDFWsqE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CocoaGalaxy