Lyn's Legion mode

Nym

Erk really isn't a bad unit, but he's not the best unit as well, I think the best word to describe him is...average.

Erk's problem is that he is at the mercy of the level-ups, it's very easy for him to get screwed by the RGN.

And, is there any stat that Erk excels at? I don't really remember.

Erk really isn't a bad unit, but he's not the best unit as well, I think the best word to describe him is...average.

Erk's problem is that he is at the mercy of the level-ups, it's very easy for him to get screwed by the RGN.

I swear, Erk got 3 times a level-up only in hp and I just finished Lyn's tale xD.

Erk is so meh. I wouldn't call him average, he leans toward "bad," but he's not so horribly bad that being blessed will still make him bad.

I think Erk's highest growth (other than HP) is in Speed. But I'm pretty sure it's still not that good.

I'm in agreement with Thor. Kent and Sain are handily better than anyone else in your party. Wallace might actually not be much better a wall, especially if you promote him instantly or get him as a prepromote like you do if you skip Lyn's mode. Sure, his defense is better, but he actually risks getting doubled, which will result in him taking more damage a round than Kent and Sain will. If you really don't want to have more than one of a class, that that's one thing, but from a purely practical standpoint, a team with Kent & Sain > pretty much any team with only one of them. I would say any, but there might be some niche situation where a team with only one would be better that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, it'll be an interesting run, and best of luck.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I'm in agreement with Thor. Kent and Sain are handily better than anyone else in your party. Wallace might actually not be much better a wall, especially if you promote him instantly or get him as a prepromote like you do if you skip Lyn's mode. Sure, his defense is better, but he actually risks getting doubled, which will result in him taking more damage a round than Kent and Sain will. If you really don't want to have more than one of a class, that that's one thing, but from a purely practical standpoint, a team with Kent & Sain > pretty much any team with only one of them. I would say any, but there might be some niche situation where a team with only one would be better that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, it'll be an interesting run, and best of luck.

To be fair, I think I will consider having Kent instead of Wallace because when I think about it, Wallace doesnt seems like a good General (well at least, Nothing compare to Oswin).

Wallace isn't very useful for the same reason Rath isn't, only worse. Training either of them in Lyn's story drains XP and they return way too late to be useful without babying or arena abuse. I'd recommend using both Sain and Kent. Their availability is far superior in both stories, they have better stats, and they have a better class than Wallace.

Also, are you going to use Merlinus? He doesn't appear in Lyn's story so technically you can't, but since he doesn't fight I was wondering.

To be fair, I think I will consider having Kent instead of Wallace because when I think about it, Wallace doesnt seems like a good General (well at least, Nothing compare to Oswin).

Were it HNM, I'd say go for Wallace, as it's probably the only time you'll use him—he really isn't good, though not completely unusable—but since you're doing HHM, definitely Kent and Sain. Wallace will get slaughtered. IIRC, there's a very good chance he'll die before you even get a chance to recruit him unless you play very quickly in his join chapter. If you do want to use him, though, I'd suggest getting him to level 20 in Lyn's mode, and then giving him the knight crest. He still won't be particularly good, but he won't be as liable to die before you recruit him.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Wallace isn't very useful for the same reason Rath isn't, only worse. Training either of them in Lyn's story drains XP and they return way too late to be useful without babying or arena abuse. I'd recommend using both Sain and Kent. Their availability is far superior in both stories, they have better stats, and they have a better class than Wallace.

Also, are you going to use Merlinus? He doesn't appear in Lyn's story so technically you can't, but since he doesn't fight I was wondering.

Oh damn I forgot about him (I'm used to the lord having the convoy in him/her) but I'm not sure since he's not exacly a unit (well sort of). I will updatpe my post soon and I will think about it (I don't denied one of my others units by using him) and...

Were it HNM, I'd say go for Wallace, as it's probably the only time you'll use him—he really isn't good, though not completely unusable—but since you're doing HHM, definitely Kent and Sain. Wallace will get slaughtered. IIRC, there's a very good chance he'll die before you even get a chance to recruit him unless you play very quickly in his join chapter. If you do want to use him, though, I'd suggest getting him to level 20 in Lyn's mode, and then giving him the knight crest. He still won't be particularly good, but he won't be as liable to die before you recruit him.

Oh, this is not on HHM but EHM since I'm not planning to use Hector all the time (now I only a have few units of Lyn's tale so I can use him to finish off or attacking someone).

By the point he joinned the team, there is no way he could be level 20 specially since I realized you get less exp in LHM.