poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg april

I tried getting into it a few months ago with IN and Touhoumon, but it didn't work out.

Now I tried again and I'm having lots of fun, downloaded IN again, gonna play it and then try out one of the fighting games.

Also, Touhoumon Purple is lots of fun and I restarted it after reaching Slateport because I realized that Alice is a cooler starter than Sanae.

I guess my favourite characters are Nitori, Alice, Sakuya, Reisen, Wriggle and Marisa, they're all super cool/cute. Oh, and Yuuka, I love flowers and umbrellas so that's that.

GgIaCsB.png

Can I like, post this? I'm Nitori. :3

Hi person I don't know and Gilgamesh, welcome to this thread.

TPDP is a great game and I really like it for fixing a lot of things that are wrong/weird with main series Pokémon

And it also has adorable sprites

Oh wow, I didn't expect you guys to be so ki-

Welcome to the SF touhou community
Hopefully the others don't brutally rip you apart

Oh.

Edited by Floral Pattern

ha

I'm just really impressed that they managed to capture that spell, and holy soap that was amazing, there's no way I can pull that off.

omg april

I tried getting into it a few months ago with IN and Touhoumon, but it didn't work out.

Now I tried again and I'm having lots of fun, downloaded IN again, gonna play it and then try out one of the fighting games.

Also, Touhoumon Purple is lots of fun and I restarted it after reaching Slateport because I realized that Alice is a cooler starter than Sanae.

I guess my favourite characters are Nitori, Alice, Sakuya, Reisen, Wriggle and Marisa, they're all super cool/cute. Oh, and Yuuka, I love flowers and umbrellas so that's that.

[spoiler=size]GgIaCsB.png

Can I like, post this? I'm Nitori. :3

> Yuuka

I like you already

Touhoumon Purple is pretty great. If you like Alice more as a character, it makes sense to have her as a starter, but from a gameplay perspective, I think it's more realistic to get ASanae than to get AdReisen or DarkAlice, simply because the first Power Shard is earlier. Any other evolution is relatively meh imo.

How are you liking IN so far? Are you familiar enough with its mechanics yet?

As for that chart, lessee, it seems I am Eiki, yay, who is also tied to #1 for me~

I managed to reach Reimu on Easy without using a single continue! But her first spell card got me. ;w;

During my first unsuccessful Touhou phase, I managed to reach Reisen on easy with a few continues. I'm trying to stray away from the bottom of the screen since I've noticed that it only gives me a false sense of security thanks to the fact that it makes me look towards the bottom when the bullets are near the top, but it's hard when the bullets get too much and reach scary levels of intensity.

Edited by Floral Pattern

TPDP is a great game and I really like it for fixing a lot of things that are wrong/weird with main series Pokémon

No it doesn't have Layla or Youki or Advents so it sucks forever

Touhoumon Purple is pretty great. If you like Alice more as a character, it makes sense to have her as a starter, but from a gameplay perspective, I think it's more realistic to get ASanae than to get AdReisen or DarkAlice, simply because the first Power Shard is earlier. Any other evolution is relatively meh imo.

Real talk, I actually think TSanae is leagues better than ASanae. ASanae has below-average speed and the 130 SpAtk is nice but she's not particularly bulky.

TSanae, has slightly higher bulk, is faster, and has Calm Mind, so she can set up and have a higher Special Defense and slightly higher Special Attack, as well as better general longevity (STAB Giga Drain isn't anything to laugh at).

Also TAlice and normal Reisen are also highly usable on their own too.

Advent Alice is also a really good Special Wall but we ruled out Advents so that point is moot.

I didn't understand any of the technical/Layla talk, but I prefer Alice as a character because she's cuter than Sanae and she has dolls. I'll use Nitori or Suwako as my wind/water type.

I don't like memorizing, it removes part of the fun for me, but I'll try. Also, TPDP?

Edited by Floral Pattern

I didn't understand any of the technical/Layla talk, but I prefer Alice as a character because she's cuter than Sanae and she has dolls. I'll use Nitori or Suwako as my wind/water type.

I don't like memorizing, it removes part of the fun for me, but I'll try. Also, TPDP?

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance. Basically an "evolved" version of the Touhoumon ROMhacks that runs on its own engine.

Come to the TPDP side

we have

simplified IV improvement

removal of hms

easy relearning of moves

and

the cutest sprites ever made

But Purple has the Battle Frontiiieeer and I get around the first few points by save editing anyways.

Layla is my favorite character because I'm weird. The technical talk was basically me telling Proto that he picked the wrong form, lols, don't mind it too much.

Like I said though, TAlice is pretty fun to use too, mostly because she plays way differently from regular Alice forms (she becomes a speedy physical attacker instead of a slower bulkier Special one)

Edited by Zak Something

I'm just really impressed that they managed to capture that spell, and holy soap that was amazing, there's no way I can pull that off.

Definitely Hecatia's hardest spell, that's for sure. I'm amazed myself, I didn't think I'd capture it that fast. And with 3 power Sanae to boot.