deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Touhou vets: do any games in the series have an auto bomb feature?

I'm too much of a casual to attempt a lunatic 1cc.

I mean, I could seriously play lunatic, but I couldn't seriously attempt a lunatic 1cc. It's just no fun for me.

Pretty much this, except with ever playing anything above Normal.

I tear my hair out enough over Normal/Easy runs I can't imagine playing on any higher difficulty.

No, except for one character in one game. Like Chen said. If you play long enough you too shall learn the timing for the death bomb technique.

No, although I'm pretty sure I remember seeing unofficial patches somewhere that will add such a functionality.

However, Imperishable Night cuts down the Deathbomb interval to a single frame and instead adds a much longer Last Word window when you get hit with bombs remaining, allowing you to negate your death by expending two bombs instead of just one. It's still preferable not to get hit in the first place, but other than PoFV Tewi this is the closest thing you'll find in the games by default.

Nope. As Scarlet said, IN has a larger deathbomb window than most other games, but other than that games never feature autobomb functions.

Ultra patches always have them, though.

pKPk6H.png

for anyone interested: shanghai EXE is a mmbn clone with touhou

O_O

I need to try this out

but why Shanghai... of all the characters they could have used...

Pretty much this, except with ever playing anything above Normal.

I tear my hair out enough over Normal/Easy runs I can't imagine playing on any higher difficulty.

RAYKITTY has the best answer to this, but I'm going to add that you should plz play PoFV (best Th game) even if only for AutoBomb Tewi.

Ooooh, nice! Congratulations! At 60 fps, I know Mamizou is pretty easy but I'd say she's tougher than Ran. I guess 90 fps changes things quite a bit there...

Alice replaces Lan, so its Alice and Shanghai.

That's not my point. If they were going to make a Touhou version, they should have had the main playable character as being a more "proper" Touhou character than just some doll (Shanghai). It's not the justification that bothers me, but the choice itself.

PoFV (best Th game)

Well, it'd be great fun to play against other people if it wasn't so difficult to get its freaking Netplay to even work. :V

And playing against the AI isn't very fun as the AI is effectively programmed to dodge completely flawlessly until a certain amount of time has passed, which is blatantly obvious in any match involving Eiki.

there was another group that made one where you play as Satori but that one never got past demo i think

Which is a real shame. I've never been a fan of the Battle Network series, but damn, it'd have been great to have another game with Satori/Koishi as the main characters.

The EoSD crew is great and all, but the characters past MoF are seriously given way too little representation in fangames. Like, is there even a single fangame with DDC characters yet?

Also, given how immensely popular Koishi has been on the last few popularity polls, I seriously cannot fathom why she gets barely any attention in fangames.

Edited by Scarlet

I mean like

there was another group that made one where you play as Satori but that one never got past demo i think

Ah, I remember that. Some of the boss battles were really hard. I would have liked to see that become a complete game...

Well, it'd be great fun to play against other people if it wasn't so difficult to get its freaking Netplay to even work. :V

That is really annoying, I have to agree. But it's fun when it does work.

And playing against the AI isn't very fun as the AI is effectively programmed to dodge completely flawlessly until a certain amount of time has passed, which is blatantly obvious in any match involving Eiki.

Only Stage 9 bosses are like that. Well, Stage 6-8 bosses do have very competent AIs, but it is reasonably possible to beat them on the first shot. Only Stage 9 is at an inappropriately ridiculous level. At leas dying once will fix it though.

Do you have to spoiler your stuff?

Does it matter?

Ooooh, nice! Congratulations! At 60 fps, I know Mamizou is pretty easy but I'd say she's tougher than Ran. I guess 90 fps changes things quite a bit there...

Well, I wasn't talking about difficulty...

That is really annoying, I have to agree. But it's fun when it does work.

Is it even possible to get it to work without Hamachi at all, given that that seems to have become a paid service a while ago?

Only Stage 9 bosses are like that. Well, Stage 6-8 bosses do have very competent AIs, but it is reasonably possible to beat them on the first shot. Only Stage 9 is at an inappropriately ridiculous level. At leas dying once will fix it though.

It's all AI opponents to some extent (aside from Extra, where they don't even bother dodging and are just flat-out invincible), but only against Eiki it's set so unreasonably high that you pretty much cannot win on your first and often even second attempt, yes.

On the first try, Lunatic Eiki seems to get around 10 minutes before her AI allows her to run into bullets at all.

Or maybe I'm just bad at keeping MAX Bonus.

Edited by Scarlet