deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only early Windows game I have issues with getting to work is Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and its love of crashing right before you would see the title screen, what issues are you having?

Well, it doesn't crash but the frame rate gets ridiculously slow so it's pretty much unplayable. And unwatchable too, which is why I can't analyze replays either :(. Oh, and it's not just for EoSD, but for PCB and IN too.

Is this the Windows 10 Full screen issue? You need the direct X converter.

DirectX Converter...?

I was gonna suggest it has something to do with directX, seeing as I can run it fine but have various releases of it installed (MMD and PMXeditor have a rainbow of system requirements)

Yeah, I'm guessing it has something to do with DirectX, but I already tried to download it and install it and it still doesn't seem to help. I may not have installed the right version or whatever though.

Well, it doesn't crash but the frame rate gets ridiculously slow so it's pretty much unplayable. And unwatchable too, which is why I can't analyze replays either :(. Oh, and it's not just for EoSD, but for PCB and IN too.

DirectX Converter...?

Yeah, I'm guessing it has something to do with DirectX, but I already tried to download it and install it and it still doesn't seem to help. I may not have installed the right version or whatever though.

http://eientei.boards.net/thread/720/windows-10-touhou-6-9

Relick provides a lovely explanation about what I was referring to, but it doesn't seem to be your issue.

Could be worth a shot though.

http://eientei.boards.net/thread/720/windows-10-touhou-6-9

Relick provides a lovely explanation about what I was referring to, but it doesn't seem to be your issue.

Could be worth a shot though.

Hmm, I can still try it out and see what happens...

(Also, your Eientei avatar looks really adorable~ inb4it'sashota)

Hmm, I can still try it out and see what happens...(Also, your Eientei avatar looks really adorable~ inb4it'sashota)

It's Milly/Milayou/Mireyu/Murielle/whatever from DQVI in her Terry's Wonderland design, so a loli technically (TW is 12 years before DQ6, so Milly and Terry are 10 and 5 as opposed to 22 and 17).

Basically the entire plot of TW is Terry trying to save his older sister.

I unintentionally 1cc'd MoF Normal this morning/last night.

I played it just to be like, "Eh I'll just do this for no reason.", next thing I know I'm at Kanako and captured Mountain of Faith.

Hello all, it's lovely to meet you all. I have been playing Touhou for a few months now, I have cleared PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF and TD on normal. My current Touhou goal is to clear all games on normal and to clear all extra stages. Eventually, I hope to become the world record holder of IN normal. This is my first post here and I hope we can all get along!

Hello all, it's lovely to meet you all. I have been playing Touhou for a few months now, I have cleared PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF and TD on normal. My current Touhou goal is to clear all games on normal and to clear all extra stages. Eventually, I hope to become the world record holder of IN normal. This is my first post here and I hope we can all get along!

I wish you luck with that, earthling.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=41791

please give me advice so i can stop suq diq

You definitely need more practice on Youmu's non (particularly the one she repeats over and over, although the butterfly pattern+knives one also looked to trip you up).

You also have a tendency to bomb when completely safe, although this is a bit better of a habit than not bombing when you should, so I hesitate to criticize it.

Are you looking for more specific tips on certain parts, or what sort of help were you hoping for?

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=41791

please give me advice so i can stop suq diq

You definitely need more practice on Youmu's non (particularly the one she repeats over and over, although the butterfly pattern+knives one also looked to trip you up).

You also have a tendency to bomb when completely safe, although this is a bit better of a habit than not bombing when you should, so I hesitate to criticize it.

Are you looking for more specific tips on certain parts, or what sort of help were you hoping for?

have a reference

I put in ~1.5 hour of practice to get back in shape and hopefully give you better advice.

I hate how you handle the stage opener, frankly. Even if the initial position technically is a safe spot, doing it that way encourages bad habits and dropping all those point items won't help you in the long run (extends are good, yo). In my run you can see a bit more aggressive of an approach, which is still really quite safe. I did let a few items drop because I wasn't willing to figure out the best way to nab them without bombing, but I'm sure that with a little effort it could be even better. That said, I find that in the spam portion of the middle of the opener Sakuya A's focus is better for killing the aimed white circle bullet fairies, while her non focus is better for killing the waves of static orange arrow bullet fairies, so toggle between the two modes appropriately. Also, you're always incredibly low on the screen, which with Sakuya A is rather unfortunate, as her unfocused mode needs to be higher up for more damage, otherwise the ridiculous spread wastes quite a bit of it at the edges. But overall, I guess for pure survival your method was just fine, got to the midboss no bombs no misses.

For the midboss, one trick will save you so much hassle and so many bombs. You can misdirect Youmu's entire first wave of bullets by being above her when she starts firing. You'll have to quickly move below her (unfocus) to avoid getting trapped, but it's definitely worth the hassle. If you're positioned right, you won't even lose any firing time on her as your initial bullets will still land, even though you're above her. I think you might already be away of this, but the blue arrow waves she fires are aimed toward your character, while the red arrow waves she fires are aimed to a point offset to your side (to keep you trapped). If you just rely on small movements, you should both avoid being hit and not feel to pressured about being boxed in. You should be able to clear this non's health before she repeats her pattern, and without the need for a bomb.

Fasting of the Young Gaki is one of her simpler spells, and shouldn't need a bomb, as when things are slowed to bullet time it should be relatively simple to look ahead and find the safest path. I think you know how to do this, you just panicked, which can happen and is better than losing a life due to overconfidence.

Second Stage portion was handled just fine, although again, you let drop all the items, which always pains me a little.

You can abuse the same misdirection trick for boss portion Youmu as well, I highly recommend it, as this time her waves are longer and denser, and easier to get tripped up on. In my run I end up safety bombing when I thought I was boxed in (though I might have been able to escape okay). In any case, one bomb is a vast improvement to the three you used in your run. Remember that her blue and red waves follow the exact same patterns as they did for her mid, they just have some more bullets fanning out on their sides this time, I think, but you can handle them the exact same way. Small focused movements to the side. Again, you should be able to clear its health in one full rotation, meaning you don't have to sit through the worst part of the non a second time.

200 in 1 Slash is for me personally, one of her hardest spells, probably because I don't spend enough time underneath her dealing damage during the earlier waves extending the fight unnecessarily to much more difficult patterns. I ended up deathbombing on the linked run, but maybe a planned bomb would just be safer for a 1cc.

Youmu's butterfly patterned non is simply defeated by very small, measured movements to avoid the knife strings. You'll want to line yourself up with the obvious hole in the center for one pass, and then take advantage of the pretty generous gaps that form just to the side of this central hole on the following wave, then rinse and repeat. The knives are aimed at your position, so make sure you don't start moving until after she's finished firing them off, otherwise you can wind up having to travel a lot more distance than you need to.

Karmic Punishment usually isn't too bad, but I have had the unfortunate tendency to get caught not fully paying attention to the wider spread lines that come at you from more of a sideways angle. You're going to want to spend pretty much the entire spell sitting in the middle, only correcting as far as you need to to avoid the waves of bullets, sticking to a relatively safe open channel before moving back to your initial position. Your run used a lot of bombs because you got messed up early, and couldn't get back into the groove. Try it out a couple more times, and I think you can find the rhythm without much issue, aside from again, sometimes those rogue, widespread lines.

You know how to do Human Sword, you don't need me to tell you anything. You just bombed because you got scared, but I think you could have pulled it off.

Heaven Sword is tied with 200 in 1 for her trickiest, in my estimation, as sometimes even during the bullet time you simply can't find something close enough that isn't walled off. There's no shame in bombing it, not on a 1cc attempt anyway.

+ Extra attack easily fills up the opponent's screen (I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I think it spawns bullets based off of how many the opponent spawns)

Eiki's EX attack replaces all bullets that pass through it with Eiki's large super-damaging ones.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=41827

This is the farthest I've gotten without continues in PCB, and probably would have gotten farther if it weren't for the two stupid deaths in stage 1 and stupid death in stage 2. I'm surprised I managed to capture Immortal Sage's Rumbling and Incarnate Immortal Sage though, they're both usually pretty annoying spell cards for me (the former more so than the ladder, though I suppose I've gotten better at it since both Ringo's micrododging cards make it look like Icicle Fall on Easy in comparison even on Normal difficulty). I'd like some advice on how to not be bad at this.

Edited by Crystalized Silver