37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>IN second

I'm OK with this

That top 10 is pretty solid actually except for maybe EoSD and PCB too high, DDC and Hisoutensoku(but that's a fighter so w/E) too low and UFO being there

Can't comment on forbidden scrollery

Just give some time and lolk will be recognized as the masterpiece it is and make it to the top 3

Edited by Tonton

LoLK is more popular than DDC.

If I had any left, I'd just have lost any remainder of faith in humankind.

...but faith is for the transient people anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, happy ⑨ Day!

I dunno, I have yet to read Forbidden Scrollery myself (or nearly any of ZUN's written works, for that matter).

I'm pretty sure the Touhou Wiki has translations, although the ones for Eastern and Little Nature Deity were pretty bad.

Also, while I'm at it, here's my contribution to Cirno Day.

Whoa 2B, nice.

Thanks. 2.5b next. But that's quite the jump.

Reimu is certainly a good character overall, with dialogue no less witty than Marisa most of the time, it's just that she's also not very interesting herself. Main characters of a long-running series without much overarching plot development tend to suffer from that fairly often, even if they're otherwise well-designed.

Besides, with the one exception where Koishi won, Reimu always places 1st on the popularity polls, so she can't really get much "hate". Sometimes it's really just popularity backlash because teens often think it's cool to be edgy and hate on the mainstream for no good reason.

Friendly reminder that the 2015 poll lost a fair number of votes. Basically the only reason Koishi won. Shit was fucking rigged.

oh tonton lolk ended up being the 6th most popular work LOL

By virtue of being new, having better characters than DDC, and by having better music than DDC. Most don't rate because of the gameplay, just for music/characters/memes. Pretty lousy.

I mean that's fine, of course, but seriously...LoLK 6th? smh

Edited by Zeems

Friendly reminder that the 2015 poll lost a fair number of votes. Basically the only reason Koishi won. Shit was fucking rigged.

That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Can you provide details?

Besides, Koishi is the best Touhou character. All the Reimu voters are simply in denial. :V

having better characters than DDC

what

...seriously, what

I mean, sure, personal preferences and stuff, but Clownpiece aside, LoLK didn't have a single new character I found to really be likable while I liked DDC's cast almost as much as EoSD's and SA's.

and by having better music than DDC

Again, what

LoLK doubtlessly has a couple of pretty good pieces - Stage Themes especially - but DDC's soundtrack was freaking brilliant.

Are my tastes really that out of the ordinary?

Maybe I'll try to 1cc GFW today

lol

You can do it!

The game is really generous with resources, so Normal is really quite doable.

In fact, go beat up Marisa while you're at it. =P

That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Can you provide details?

Besides, Koishi is the best Touhou character. All the Reimu voters are simply in denial. :V

what...seriously, whatI mean, sure, personal preferences and stuff, but Clownpiece aside, LoLK didn't have a single new character I found to really be likable while I liked DDC's cast almost as much as EoSD's and SA's.

Again, whatLoLK doubtlessly has a couple of pretty good pieces - Stage Themes especially - but DDC's soundtrack was freaking brilliant.

Are my tastes really that out of the ordinary?

There was a crash sometime during the voting duration that lost a fair number of votes. Koishi won the poll, yes, but she probably wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the data loss.

DDC's soundtrack for the most part is alright. Nothing too special to note aside from Stage 5, Seija's theme, Sukuna's theme, Extra stage theme, and Raiko's theme. Those are all good.

DDC's cast has WAGGY SAGGY and...well, I suppose the others are okay. I actually remember Yatsuhashi's name unlike a lot others. But in terms of character design, I'd say LoLK does win out.

deal with it

smug.jpg

This image is going to pop up more often, huh. -w-

There was a crash sometime during the voting duration that lost a fair number of votes.

I see.

Koishi won the poll, yes, but she probably wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the data loss.

That's a completely baseless assumption to make, given that there doesn't seem to be any evidence indicating that there were a disproportionally large amount of Reimu votes and/or a disproportionally low amount of Koishi votes amongst the ones lost.

That's a completely baseless assumption to make, given that there doesn't seem to be any evidence indicating that there were a disproportionally large amount of Reimu votes and/or a disproportionally low amount of Koishi votes amongst the ones lost.

Isn't it weird how Reimu typically wins every year, and then in 2015 there's a data loss, which results in someone else winning? And then this year in 2016, Reimu won by a landslide.

And hey, conspiracy theories are fun to make.