deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, folks were talking about QP Shooting - Dangerous!! ? Where was I when this happened. I didn't know enemies were weak to certain shots, but I stick with the same three anyway.

Wait, folks were talking about QP Shooting - Dangerous!! ? Where was I when this happened. I didn't know enemies were weak to certain shots, but I stick with the same three anyway.

You're mixing up games, now. xD

The "weakness" shot mechanic was still Deathsmiles-related, sorry!

As for QP Shooting Dangerous!!, though: yeah, I played it right when it was released on Steam. I 1cc'd Hard Mode, and came very close to 1ccing Super Mode, but I'll probably need to perfect my scoring techniques to have more lives for the Stage 5 boss. Some of her patterns are just nasty.

tbh I find Marisa's star-themed shots and spellcards more iconic than her lasers. A ton of characters in Gensokyo use lasers in some form, but only very few use stars, let alone ones as big as Marisa did in the early Windows era. I actually find it a little disappointing that her star theme was pretty much dropped entirely past MoF, all while the lasers she's now using instead somehow keep getting worse in every iteration.

I managed to make it through to stage 6 with Sakuya A.

Stage 4 doesn't suck any less (actually kinda's worse now) and Youmu is not nice :(

Not bad!

Sakuya has all the bombs. Use them~

tbh I find Marisa's star-themed shots and spellcards more iconic than her lasers. A ton of characters in Gensokyo use lasers in some form, but only very few use stars, let alone ones as big as Marisa did in the early Windows era. I actually find it a little disappointing that her star theme was pretty much dropped entirely past MoF, all while the lasers she's now using instead somehow keep getting worse in every iteration.

PCB!MarisaA is best tbh

Tbh I think Reimu B is better than Sakuya A overall.

Depends on your playstyle, but ReimuB in PCB has pretty garbage damage output with nothing else to really show for it, so you may as well go with ReimuA for the homing shots... ...and at that point you may as well choose SakuyaA instead because she also has homing shots, except they do more damage and she gets an extra bomb. :V

I guess Reimu has a slightly smaller hitbox and 9 additional deathbombing frames?

PCB!MarisaA is best tbh

<3

I mean ZM recommended Sakuya B first and I did try but I found her "focus to lock the options in the last direction" thing hard to aim with and the bombs didn't seem to do any damage for me (maybe i wasn't aiming right) so it didn't really help me any because if I'm at a spellcard where I need to bomb and it doesn't do extra damage to get me through it faster i'm likely to have to bomb again on the same card, making it almost pointless to have twice as many bombs if i'm gonna need to use them twice as often.

or maybe i dunno how to use her, i tried at 4am when i had insomnia and quit when i ran head-first into Alice's bullets in stage 3 because i'm shit at actual-focusing insert hold focus button wisecrack here

I mean ZM recommended Sakuya B first and I did try but I found her "focus to lock the options in the last direction" thing hard to aim with and the bombs didn't seem to do any damage for me (maybe i wasn't aiming right) so it didn't really help me any because if I'm at a spellcard where I need to bomb and it doesn't do extra damage to get me through it faster i'm likely to have to bomb again on the same card, making it almost pointless to have twice as many bombs if i'm gonna need to use them twice as often.

or maybe i dunno how to use her, i tried at 4am when i had insomnia and quit when i ran head-first into Alice's bullets in stage 3 because i'm shit at actual-focusing insert hold focus button wisecrack here

SakuyaB is "good", but primarily in a scoring sense; she's rather difficult to use effectively, and a bit awkward to control, so she's pretty much the last character in PCB I'd recommend to someone who has trouble 1ccing the game in the first place. SakuyaA is the beginner-friendly type. ^^

AFAIR, Sakuya B's bombs actually don't do damage. (I lied, the focused one does do a tiny bit at the back end, IIRC.) The scoreshot is primarily good because it's unfocused Cherry gain is great, and when you do end up having bomb, it doesn't tank your cherry as much. Not to mention the way you can lock the options is a neat mechanic, and alongside Remi's familiars, and Marisa C's iceflamethrowers, quite probably my favorite shottype.

SakuyaB is awesome because she has good forward focus when all her shots are aligned and she can position her shots in a way that can make stage portions as easy as how SakuyaA's spread makes them. Of course, you need to get used to the angle-locking some. It's better to 1cc first with SakuyaA.

Favorite shot type in the series? Overall, UFO SanaeB by far:

-Best character

-Shotgunning shenenanigans are fun

-Best scoring bomb

-Splash damage + shotgunning is a fantastic combination, especially against Byakuren

I'll have to go through my favorite shots in each game, too.

you need to explore the games more

EoSD: MarisaA (followed by MarisaB)

PCB: MarisaA (followed by SakuyaB)

IN: Magic Team (followed by Netherworld Team)

MoF: ReimuB (followed by MarisaC)

SA: ReimuB (followed by MarisaB)
UFO: SanaeB (+overall) (followed by ReimuA)
TD: Sanae (followed by Reimu)

DDC: SakuyaA (followed by MarisaB)

LoLK: Sanae (followed by Reimu)

i think that's how it goes

So we're doing favorite shot types now? :o

LLS: MarisaA

MS: Probably Mima

EoSD: MarisaA, although on Lunatic I do better with ReimuA

PCB: MarisaA is really satisfying to use, but I tend to do better with SakuyaA

IN: Netherworld Team, although I tend to do better with the Border Team

PoFV: Mystiaaaaa

MoF: ReimuA, although I also like MarisaA

SA: ReimuC, even though ReimuA is probably better overall

UFO: ReimuB

TD: Reimu, although Youmu is also great fun to use in this game

DDC: SakuyaA, although I quite like ReimuB and MarisaB, too.

EoSD: MarisaB

PCB: MarisaB(that's the laser one, right?)

IN: Magic

PoFV: Reisen

MoF: ReimuB

SA: MarisaC(possibly my favorite overall)
UFO: MarisaA

TD: Marisa

DDC: MarisaA

LoLK: Marisa

PoDD: Rikako

LLS: Marisa

MS: Marisa

Edited by Emeraldfox