How many of you have played FE6?

Katie

Have you played FE6  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Played Binding Blade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, but I plan to

A completely false assumption. The majority of people who would even bother going to the FE6 section have, big shock, played FE6.

Edited by Refa

Playing through it for the first time right now, i must say i love how much more important the Player Phase is here than in other games, also, is Sue worth it? I heard it's better to just wait for Shin to join.

Uh, most people that join an FE forum have an intention to play as many of its games as they can.

False assumption, considering how much the franchise changed over the years certain games turn people off by default. Also false since Awakening came around I know a fair number of people on this very site who have only played Awakening, I also know a multitude of people who only like the older Fe's and don't want to continue, and I know people who absolutely can't stand the Kaga era games (Fe1-5). Despite the fact that as a whole they are awesome and unique.

Playing through it for the first time right now, i must say i love how much more important the Player Phase is here than in other games, also, is Sue worth it? I heard it's better to just wait for Shin to join.

Shin is better than Sue, but this doesn't mean Sue is bad. Also bows in general are good in fe6, the Nomads and Snipers they give you are awesome, shame about the 2 archers.

Also to the OP, I've played FE6 a dozen + times. I even own the cart, I've played Hard Mode more than Normal mode out of all that and its my most replayed FE outside the Tellius games.

Wolt for best character.

Despite being a shitty unit.

(Translation: um, yes? I don't think people coming into the FE6 subforum wouldn't have played it. That said, those who havent played FE6 and are reading this should totally play it.)

False assumption, considering how much the franchise changed over the years certain games turn people off by default. Also false since Awakening came around I know a fair number of people on this very site who have only played Awakening, I also know a multitude of people who only like the older Fe's and don't want to continue, and I know people who absolutely can't stand the Kaga era games (Fe1-5). Despite the fact that as a whole they are awesome and unique.

I said "most." If people played and liked Awakening, wouldn't most of them go on to Fates? Wouldn't some of them wonder what the past games in the series were like? If I were in that position, I definitely would.

As for those that have played the older games and avoid the newer ones, they must at least have some experience about the (new) games and where they're turning. Or else they wouldn't have stopped continuing the series.

I said "most." If people played and liked Awakening, wouldn't most of them go on to Fates? Wouldn't some of them wonder what the past games in the series were like? If I were in that position, I definitely would.

As for those that have played the older games and avoid the newer ones, they must at least have some experience about the (new) games and where they're turning. Or else they wouldn't have stopped continuing the series.

Sorry I just dislike generalizations, you are correct, but the right usage is the word "some", like you state here, not everyone is interested to see how FE began and became what it is, because Awakening did quite a few new things and merged older mechanics together yes, but I see some people very intimidated by not only us Veteran players, but the fact that some of the games are a lot more punishing.

And you're probably right, however some people were turned off by how Awakening looked and changed stuff etc, and Fates will be continuing that trend, if all the debates in the forums have told me anything.

I love how people are actually calling this the FE6 sub-forum.

This is the GBA forum, and given FE6 is the one Japanese game in the trio meaning it's not as accessible and the oldest, it's not particularly unreasonable to ask how many people have played it here.

Anyhow, I have, but that was ages ago so like FE8, I barely remember its content at all, gonna replay it soon to remedy that.

Yes, I have played FE6, in emulators and even in Homebrew Channel on the Wii U/Wii. I particularly get interested in how the series was since the beginning, but ironically, I've never touched FE1-3, basically because I played FE11 and FE12 (the latter in japanese language because I wasn't afraid of it and just rushed with stats, icons and intuition lol). Same thing was with FE6, and I really liked it. I know people come up with the argument 'I won't play it until it gets localised' which I think is really meh, but yeah.

... FE6 took you longer than Radiant Dawn?

Ig I forgot about that. My first play-through of Radiant Dawn was a long time ago so Ig it sort of slipped my mind. Now I can beat Radiant Dawn in no time at all but yeah first time took me a long time. Not counting Radiant Dawn though, Binding Blade took the longest.

• 2 weeks later...

This was actually the very first FE game I played. Thinking about it now, I think it was also the hardest too. I was surprised when I could double attack against enemies with almost all of my units in the later chapters in Sacred Stones, and with ax-using units in particular. Speaking of axes, they also seem to have much higher hit rates too. This thing certainly didn't happen to the same extent in Binding Blade; only Shanna, Sue, Shin, and Fir guaranteed a double attack against any unit.

Completed it 3 times. Twice on Normal, once on Hard. I think I played it at least once more but didn't finish the run.

I think I've actually played it more than any of the other GBA games.

Started playing several years ago. Was an old patch. Got to Chapter 11a (or b? Whichever one has Echidna). Managed to recruit all the characters, save all the villages, and prevent Tate and Klein's troops from suiciding on enemy units. Spent some time in the arena, leveling up. Sent Roy up to seize, and... the game froze.

I just stopped at that point.

I've been replaying using the latest patch recently. It's pretty good.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...