Buddy & Marriage Seals

CaitlynMellark

I might sound really, really dumb

But I don't understand how these seals work

I have tried to read what they mean, but I don't understand.

How would I know what their second class is? How come Kamui can Buddy Seal anyone with A support but everyone else can only A+ one?

What would Flannel & Midoriko give people? (I know Nishiki would give some kind of Spellcaster class)

Long story short. Buddy and Marriage seals are kinda the same, but you can use the Marriage Seals only on those characters that are married between each other, while Buddy Seals work on characters that have A support between each other. When you use either a Buddy or Marriage Seal with a unit that unit has access to the base class of the target unit. For example like you said: if Flannel and Nishiki have A support between each other you can use a Buddy Seal on Flannel, he will get access to the Spellcaster class from Nishiki and that is because the Fox Spirit (base class of Nishiki) class is an exception when using Buddy Seal, so in this scenario the second class that Nishiki can be is choose as the class that Flannel can get with a Buddy Seal. (the same goes for Garou class from Flannel, because the Garou class is not affected by the Buddy Seal, the second class that Flannel can be is a Fighter, so Nishiki will get the Fighter class from Flannel instead of Garou).

To further explain I'm going to use your example, Flannel and Midoriko even though this support is not possible between them, I'm going to explain anyway.

So Midoriko's base class is Herb Merchant and Flannel is Garou. I'm using a Buddy Seal on Midoriko and choose Flannel as my target unit. Because Flannels Garou class can't be exchanged Midoriko will get instead the second class that Flannel would be, that is the Fighter. In this case Midoriko's base class, Herb Merchant can be exchanged with a Buddy Seal so Flannel will get the Herb Merchant class from Midoriko.

The Buddy Seal is a Reclasing Seal in its own and as I've explained up if when you use the Buddy Seal on Flannel with Midoriko, if at the time you use it Flannel is a Garou he will reclass in an Herb Merchant and Midoriko will reclass in a Fighter.

Some exceptions that apply when you use the Buddy Seal:The Avatar can use it on any unit of the same gender they achieve an A Support with, but no unit can use the Avatar as their buddy.

Nohr Prince, Singer, Fox Spirit, Garou and Villager aren't transfarable with a Buddy Seal.

And finally the Marriage Seal works the same like a buddy seal, being another reclassing item. Only this time two units need to have S support between themselves, meaning that they need to be married, they can use this seal to reclass into their spouse's primary base class. The excpetions this time being only the Singer, Garou and the Nohr Prince classes which again are not affected by either the Buddy nor Marriage Seals.

And for the sake of giving an example. If Xander and Nyx achieve an S-Support, Xander will gain the Dark Mage class while Nyx will gain the Cavalier class. (Btw I took this from FE Wiki, too lazy to write another ex myself).

Check here for the units' base and secondary class sets:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/class-sets/and http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/class-sets/

If they share the same primary class then both units gain access to their buddy/spouses's secondary

SubakixHinoka: Subaki gains Lance Fighter and Hinoka gains Samurai

If they both have different primary classes they gain each others primary

SakuraxTsukuyomi: Sakura gains Spellcaster and Tsukuyomi gains Priest

If one unit already has their sspouse/buddy's primary as their secondary, they will NOT gain their partner's secondary

SubakixLuna: Subaki gains Mercenary, but since Luna has Pegasus Warrior as her secondary she gains nothing

In special cases, the unit will pass their secondary class if it cannot be passed via Buddying/Marriage

SilasxMozume: Since Villager cannot be passed, Silas will gain Mozume's sevondary, Bowman

If a normal unit and a special unit share the same class, the normal unit gains access to the special unit's hidden tertiary class

Flannel and Arthur: Since Garou cannot be passed, Arthur would gain Fighter, but since he already has Fighter, he would gain access to Flannel's tertiary class, Outlaw

The special classes are: Nohr Prince, Singer, Villager, Garou, and Nine-Tailed Fox.

A+ ranks can only be acheived once and are same gender only.

Edited by riolumaster

• 2 weeks later...

With buddy seals and A+ rank, I don't get why characters can't have access to both classes. In some cases, characters might not get anything from it, and there's such a lack of same-gender supports.

Reclassing is not everything.

Support bonus and pairing-up stats depend on support levels.

Edited by Tooru

Well what I would say is to probably prevent having "too much choice" (Blasphemy!) but it does feel a little lazy nonetheless, especially if it is due to and/or a result of some characters being....overly favored, so to speak.

I haven't really looked at a full breakdown though.....the list is fairly complicated as is (and marriages have to be mutual. and buddies are limited)