How often do you guys land Flare Blade with Roy?

shadowofchaos

Surprisingly often. Flare blade in general is much more reliable to hit than all the other B special moves from the FE characters and it's a very a safe move compared to Shield Breaker and Eruption since its recovery is much faster than all of them.

Edited by kingddd

Flare blade in general is much more reliable to hit than all the other B special moves from the FE characters

Except Thunder. :p

Also Dashing Assault, if you count customs.

Interesting note about Flare Blade is that it easily supplants Warlock Punch as the best attack for Home-Run Contest, but what you might not know is that it does more knockback when released just before fully charged than it does when you let yourself take recoil damage. Food for thought.

Back in the early days I've landed several fully charged ones on people who didn't know it could hit the ledge and those people who try to counter it prematurely, but besides that, not too often whenever I use Roy.

And nowadays when I do, it tends to be not charged.

Edited by Icemario

Way more often than with Ike's. Roy's seems to be easier for me to charge and time at the exact right time. I might be really lucky but it usually works out pretty good for me.

Ike's has the advantage of stupidly wonky hitboxes at least lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprisingly too much... I land almost all of my Flare Blade attacks guarding ledge from recoveries, same goes with Eruption.

It seems ironic how the move that should be the most avoidable is the move that you can't dodge lol

• 4 weeks later...