Indicisiveness can be quite a killer

Junkhead

Long story short, I met a pretty girl at my cousin's birthday the other day. I kind of liked her, she seemed nice. Can't even get myself to add her on FB because I'm afraid I won't know where to go from there (and/or what to say). I think I made a pretty good impression at the party, but I don't know if I can be that awesome guy again without the given context. Can't stop wondering if to add her or not. I really do want to, I just don't know what will happen afterwards. I'm not going to lie, I'm actually sort of "scared" of the idea of a relationship. I'm not particularly romantic...but I do like her that way. Or I was pretty attracted to her, at the very least (as I couldn't stop thinking about it).

You should have a lot of free time to keep a relationship. How I would play it? I like to be patient and get to know her until I personally feel comfortable to move on. Get a response out of people that talk to her so you can understand how she acts around certain people. I'm not a love doctor but be yourself, I would rather be hated for someone I am than to be admired for someone I am not.

Good luck ;D

like everyone in this thread i know that feeling, but now i just go for things. i was anxious about asking professors about their research/getting into their lab in the past and now i do it without ease. a phd student told me something so obvious, but it just clicked at that moment. "its just another person, what is there to be scared of?" idk if that will resonate with you like it did with me, but she is just another person at the end of the day. what is there to fear?

Indecisiveness is a privilege. Stagnation is glorified suicide.

You already know the answer yourself. Hypothetically speaking, in the worst case she won't be interested or is already in a relationship. There will be always more women around than your acquaintance and thus the possible gains do outweigh the losses by far. Other people, even your crush are as insecure in certain areas as you are in making contact. This is universal, and does not only affect you. If i may give some advice, you should try to remember that.

頑張れ!

Thanks A LOT, gais (hey, it's pronounced "guys" not "gays")!

I figured, I'd rather do something about it. I sent her the request. Worst case scenario, she doesn't accept. At least I take a weight off my chest leaving it follow it's natural course. (: