Does anyone else want a new F-Zero?

Blue Druid

Still waiting since F-Zero Climax 2005. Sadly I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

The mini-game in Nintendo land didn't quite cut it.

I'm glad other people agree. I mean, it's about time for one since Captain Falcon is only alive due to Smash Bros.

Yes, I'd love one. I expect if they made one it would be on the NX.

But I can't wait that long... (>_<)

Lots of people want a new F-Zero. It just won't sell as well as Mario Kart.

Nevertheless, i think they should try, because if they don't, they'll never know.

Miyamoto has stated that he has no idea where to take the series right now. That's not to say there won't ever be one, but it may be a while.

Awww, that's too bad... Maybe we can still hope for a Virtual Console F-Zero GX or HD version. I'd play it on an emulator, but it's notoriously hard to get to play smoothly.

I've been wanting a new one for quite some time, and hey Starfox is getting attention again, maybe F-Zero will be too.

They should just make a bounty hunter/superhero Captain Falcon game.

I'd take a Beat-Em up game with Falcon using his over the top Smash Brothers moves and even more.

I think the best we can hope for is F-Zero GX on the Wii U, either as a Virtual Console title or an HD release like Windwaker HD. I'd prefer the latter option since GX is practically HD anyways, and Nintendo could adjust the requirements for unlocking the AX characters so that normal people can actually get them. But that's just me being hopeful. For real though, it seems the only futuristic racer on Wii U is going to be Fast Racing Neo, which, to be fair, is indeed very fast.

By the way, I actually have a theory as to why F-Zero GX isn't on the Wii U yet -

F-Zero GX's controls require heavy use of the GameCube's analog shoulder buttons, which the Wii U lacks. For those that don't know, "analog" means "measuring a continuous variable". In other words, the shoulder buttons can detect different levels of depression. As someone who unlocked everything in GX, I cannot imagine playing it without that functionality. Miyamoto once mentioned needing a new controller interface for F-Zero, and I believe this is what he was referring to. Both the PS4 and Xbox One have analog triggers, meaning a GX port would (ironically) be better on either of those consoles than the Wii U.

Glad to remind you. BTW, if you're a die-hard F-Zero fan, I should tell you that Stage 5 of Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is literally Sand Ocean with Sin and Punishment gameplay mixed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBA7DthoUHQ

Unfortunately, it's also the shortest stage in the game, but I guess that makes sense since it's the only driving stage.

I think the best we can hope for is F-Zero GX on the Wii U, either as a Virtual Console title or an HD release like Windwaker HD. I'd prefer the latter option since GX is practically HD anyways, and Nintendo could adjust the requirements for unlocking the AX characters so that normal people can actually get them. But that's just me being hopeful. For real though, it seems the only futuristic racer on Wii U is going to be Fast Racing Neo, which, to be fair, is indeed very fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPfte9_y1nI

By the way, I actually have a theory as to why F-Zero GX isn't on the Wii U yet -

F-Zero GX's controls require heavy use of the GameCube's analog shoulder buttons, which the Wii U lacks. For those that don't know, "analog" means "measuring a continuous variable". In other words, the shoulder buttons can detect different levels of depression. As someone who unlocked everything in GX, I cannot imagine playing it without that functionality. Miyamoto once mentioned needing a new controller interface for F-Zero, and I believe this is what he was referring to. Both the PS4 and Xbox One have analog triggers, meaning a GX port would (ironically) be better on either of those consoles than the Wii U.

O_O That game looks awesome, I'll definitely buy that when it comes out. I've actually been looking for an F-Zero-like game but none rally satisfied. This one looks great, especially for being made by an indie team! I agree with the guy in the video too. I mean, imagine a new 1080p F-Zero with online and a track editor. We can only pray that our lord Miyamoto hears our prayers. At least F-Zero GX HD!!!!!

Maybe nothing that can replace it, but there's many games that scratch the itch, or at least try to.

One day I'll get 'round to playing Distance, one day...

Well, sort of. Distance seems cool, but truly, nothing can replace F-Zero :sob:.

I too would like to see a new F-Zero game, whether truly new or a remake. Anything that would dilute the domination of Zelda, Pokémon, and especially Mario in the Wii U/3DS is good news for me.

I too would like to see a new F-Zero game, whether truly new or a remake. Anything that would dilute the domination of Zelda, Pokémon, and especially Mario in the Wii U/3DS is good news for me.

I completely agree.

• 2 months later...