Colm or Rennac?

Florete

The Rogues  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Colm
    • Rennac

I see what you're trying to say. I don't agree with it. It's an extremely flawed arguement, basing it on the fact that the thief will NEVER be raised.

If you don't use a thief for combat then the only way it will be raised is through thieving items. I never had Colm fight. If I did, it was unintentional. He was a lv4 thief by the time Rennac appeared, had 12 battles and 2 wins. I used him whenever there was a chapter that needed items stealing or chests opening. Then Rennac appears. A unit that can do exactly the same as Colm did, and can look after himself better due to having better stats except for luck. What's so flawed about that? Is not using Colm for fighting so he turns out better than Rennac by the time he appears a flaw?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't use a thief for combat then the only way it will be raised is through thieving items. I never had Colm fight. If I did, it was unintentional. He was a lv4 thief by the time Rennac appeared, had 12 battles and 2 wins. I used him whenever there was a chapter that needed items stealing or chests opening. Then Rennac appears. A unit that can do exactly the same as Colm did, and can look after himself better due to having better stats except for luck. What's so flawed about that? Is not using Colm for fighting so he turns out better than Rennac by the time he appears a flaw?

So, Wallace is better than Oswin if you only have Oswin tank but let Wallace get some kills?

So, Wallace is better than Oswin if you only have Oswin tank but let Wallace get some kills?

I never said that... If you're going to have a General, then Oswin would be the clear winner. If you're going to have a thieving unit, then you're going to go for the one with better stats, because if they aren't fighting, there will be very few chances for those units to get raised, and so it would be the better option to go for the unit with better stats.

I'm done here. I can't prove my point any more, but I'm sure others will see the point I'm trying to make.

I never said that... If you're going to have a General, then Oswin would be the clear winner. If you're going to have a thieving unit, then you're going to go for the one with better stats, because if they aren't fighting, there will be very few chances for those units to get raised, and so it would be the better option to go for the unit with better stats.

I'm done here. I can't prove my point any more, but I'm sure others will see the point I'm trying to make.

There are very few chances to raise Colm? ._.

There are very few chances to raise Colm? ._.
Obviously 17 chapters isn't enough time. ;)

Not everyone wants to raise a thief. Even if it is Colm. Get it?

The same arguement can be applied to any character. Oh, looks like Syrene is better than Vanessa because Syrene has better starting stats.

So actually come up with good points. >__<

The same arguement can be applied to any character. Oh, looks like Syrene is better than Vanessa because Syrene has better starting stats.

Holy shit...

Those characters, they are offensive. They attack. It's obvious Vanessa's the better there. Here, a thief is capable of attack. But, assuming you don't attack and just use a thief for stealing purposes, then Rennac will be better than Colm by the time he appears.

As I said, Colm did all my thievery etc. and was on lv4 as a thief by the time Rennac appeared in my last playthrough... He saw 12 battles and won just two, in all the chapters he was involved with. Rennac underwent the same treatment, just thieving and stealing things. Assuming none will be used for combat, then Rennac's the better option. Nobody will be intentionally seeing combat, and so nobody will be growing levels. If you use Colm for combat, then yes he will be better than Rennac. But if you don't have your thief fighting, then Rennac will be the better choice, because he will have better stats.

Holy shit...

Those characters, they are offensive. They attack. It's obvious Vanessa's the better there. Here, a thief is capable of attack. But, assuming you don't attack and just use a thief for stealing purposes, then Rennac will be better than Colm by the time he appears.

As I said, Colm did all my thievery etc. and was on lv4 as a thief by the time Rennac appeared in my last playthrough... He saw 12 battles and won just two, in all the chapters he was involved with. Rennac underwent the same treatment, just thieving and stealing things. Assuming none will be used for combat, then Rennac's the better option. Nobody will be intentionally seeing combat, and so nobody will be growing levels. If you use Colm for combat, then yes he will be better than Rennac. But if you don't have your thief fighting, then Rennac will be the better choice, because he will have better stats.

That's what I'm saying. If you don't use Vanessa, obviously Syrene is better. Colm can fight, as he's a Theif and uses Swords.

I'm not seeing why they shouldn't be subject to combat. Having a character that will never fight ever is detrimental. Besides, PEMN. ^_^

That's what I'm saying. If you don't use Vanessa, obviously Syrene is better. Colm can fight, as he's a Theif and uses Swords.

I'm not seeing why they shouldn't be subject to combat. Having a character that will never fight ever is detrimental. Besides, PEMN. ^_^

Screw "PEMN".

They can fight, of course. But if you don't want them to fight and just want them to open chests, then Rennac, once he appears, is the way to go. If you don't like the idea of that, fine.

You know, that type of arguments is where Yodel and Niime being better than Lance and Allen come from. Now Raven, you don't want to sound like one of those people who think that, do you?

You know, that type of arguments is where Yodel and Niime being better than Lance and Allen come from. Now Raven, you don't want to sound like one of those people who think that, do you?

I remember that "debate". Possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the internet until seeing Fox's counters. XD

Nobody is understanding my point of view here, so fuck it.

What you're saying is that Theives only purpose is Theif utility. As I see, you're totally disregarding the fact that a Theif has a weapon, and Colm has virtually the entire game to fight enemies.

What you're saying is that Theives only purpose is Theif utility. As I see, you're totally disregarding the fact that a Theif has a weapon, and Colm has virtually the entire game to fight enemies.

Exactly. I don't want my thieves to be fighting. Not every playthrough, anyway. When I don't plan on having a thief as a main attacking unit, I just use Colm to steal things and open chests. I then use Rennac to do that job once he appears, because Colm hasn't been used for combat and is still relatively weak in it's stat compared to Rennac. Rennac takes over the job of just opening chests and stealing in Colm's place, but is more capable of defending himself in any unexpected situations, much better than the unraised Colm (because I didn't want to raise a thief). That is why I switch to Rennac if I don't have Colm fighting. When I do have Colm fighting, he is a worthy unit, and Rennac's immediately benched.

I remember that "debate". Possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the internet until seeing Fox's counters. XD

Wow, that was low. Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, asshole.

SS and Ninji, why don't you get it? A thief has two basic possible uses: thieving and fighting. Most other units that can fight only have that, so that's all they do. Someone that starts lower can be considered better than the higher one because if you use the lower one, it will be better.

However, not everyone has Colm fight. Some will mainly use him for his primary ability: Thieving. If that's all he does, Rennac is a better choice by the time he comes, since Colm is very unlikely to be promoted. Why isn't Colm fighting? Maybe this person wanted to use other characters for fighting and only had Colm for thievery. Is that a crime, not using Colm in combat?

Wow, that was low. Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, asshole.

SS and Ninji, why don't you get it? A thief has two basic possible uses: thieving and fighting. Most other units that can fight only have that, so that's all they do. Someone that starts lower can be considered better than the higher one because if you use the lower one, it will be better.

However, not everyone has Colm fight. Some will mainly use him for his primary ability: Thieving. If that's all he does, Rennac is a better choice by the time he comes, since Colm is very unlikely to be promoted. Why isn't Colm fighting? Maybe this person wanted to use other characters for fighting and only had Colm for thievery. Is that a crime, not using Colm in combat?

Somebody else sees my point and agrees... Thank fuck.

Exactly. I don't want my thieves to be fighting. Not every playthrough, anyway. When I don't plan on having a thief as a main attacking unit, I just use Colm to steal things and open chests. I then use Rennac to do that job once he appears, because Colm hasn't been used for combat and is still relatively weak in it's stat compared to Rennac. Rennac takes over the job of just opening chests and stealing in Colm's place, but is more capable of defending himself in any unexpected situations, much better than the unraised Colm (because I didn't want to raise a thief). That is why I switch to Rennac if I don't have Colm fighting. When I do have Colm fighting, he is a worthy unit, and Rennac's immediately benched.

You don't want them to fight, fine, but that doesn't mean that you can't let them fight. Colm doesn't need to be one of your primary attackers, but that doesn't mean he can't fight well with his A Kyle/B Moulder. You're telling us how you play the game, but that doesn't mean anything.

And like stated before, of course Rennac is better than an unraised Colm statwise. Colm has already been incredibly useful on all those chapters before Rennac joins, so he is still the superior unit in the long run. But point is, Ewan is also better than Lute if you didn't raise Lute, so that's a bad point.

The reason why people don't agree with your arguments is because they're massively flawed.

You don't want them to fight, fine, but that doesn't mean that you can't let them fight. Colm doesn't need to be one of your primary attackers, but that doesn't mean he can't fight well with his A Kyle/B Moulder. You're telling us how you play the game, but that doesn't mean anything.

And like stated before, of course Rennac is better than an unraised Colm statwise. Colm has already been incredibly useful on all those chapters before Rennac joins, so he is still the superior unit in the long run. But point is, Ewan is also better than Lute if you didn't raise Lute, so that's a bad point.

The reason why people don't agree with your arguments is because they're massively flawed.

who says were using Kyle and Moulder and if we are, who says they're not supporting someone else?

Hardly flawed. You said it yourself: "Rennac is better than an unraised Colm statwise". So why wouldn't someone who is just using Colm to pick and steal switch Colm with Rennac? Supports are useless if the thief is elsewhere picking locks and doors etc. while those other units are on the frontline.

Assuming you promote Colm into a Rogue, which do you prefer? The likely-to-have-better-stats-and-supports Colm, or the already-promoted, gets-the-thieving-job-done-well-enough Rennac?

And I don't want any "Rennac, because Colm should be an Assassin!" Assume you usually decide to make him a Rogue. Which do you generally use for thievery? Do you drop your unpromoted Colm when you get Rennac, or does Colm get your Ocean Seal and continue with his job?

I will choose after seeing some of your choices. I realize it's kind of a tough way to look at things, but I've met this choice before and not really known what to do.

gotcha covered Fox

You've got me on your side, too.

I even planned on using Colm this playthrough, at least initially. Then because Ross was totally godly, I benched him. Rennac is part of my every-map team, Colm sits as his level 20/-- self wishing I had another promotion item to give him.

Simple reasons are usually the most potent.

Colm has already been incredibly useful on all those chapters before Rennac joins, so he is still the superior unit in the long run.

<_<

You mean a more used unit. Just because a guy is in the group longer and in more "useful" situations means just that. That doesn't qualify him as "better" because the fact of the matter is he can be tossed aside once Rennac shows up.

You have to keep in mind, Tino, that your opinion about what qualifies as "best" is subjective.

Allow me to say it in a different way then.

Colm has already been incredibly useful on all those chapters before Rennac joins, so he is still the more useful unit in the long run.