Hopes in future Fire Emblem games..?

SaltyPearl

Title says it's all ! Warning MIGHT have Fire Emblem Fates spoilers !!

So I thought it will be fun to see everyones hope in future games if there is any..

My hopes is to have a really good serious storyline. Also no marriage or kids...but if there was, make sure it fits with the storyline. It will also be cool to add some more 'lgbt' characters as well. ( like 2 or whatever..)

Or maybe like remakes of the old games..?

If there is a topic like this already made...I'm sorry ! >.<

Any more idea's?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care for remakes, personally. I enjoyed the older titles, but I'm looking for a new adventure. Nostalgia doesn't really get me going, even if it was redesigned to an extent. I'd also be afraid of them messing up the older games.

I rather like shipping, and I hope marriage remains in all future installments - not necessarily children, though, unless their implementation is convincing and relevant. And NO TIMESKIPS. Seeing characters older or dead would be too emotional for me.

I hope the plot is improved, of course, and I wish the game was marketed more as a strategy RPG. It's sort of a train wreck - IS can't decide if they want a gritty real-time strategy game or a wacky dating sim with bathhouse hijinks. I am fine with either, but I hope there is a better balance between the two in the future. An anime I can live in is fun! But it doesn't feel like I'm living in it if I can't choose what my character is like beyond their hair and face.

I also hope that this path split is a one-time thing, and that the next games aren't as dark. I play video games to escape from reality and have fun, not mourn the death of my (fake) family.

Sorry if I come off as rude overly-critical, I really do like this game. It's just...flawed.

Well for a future game (maybe):

• No grinding available at all
  • No marriage (even if it fits story line) and no child units
  • Strict battles/plot choices making you THINK and be strategic with your every move
  • Tougher enemies
  • More characters
  • More classes (yes I know there is already quite a bit but this is my list not yours)
  • More DLC with more content so we actually pay for what it's worth
  • No dragons (???idk it's a common theme, I do like it but I want new things and more variety)
  • An avatar who we can truly relate to (or none at all)
  • A LORD WITHOUT BLUE HAIR FOR NAGA'S SAKE

I thought I had more ideas but I guess I forgot them >.<

(after reading the list it seems a bit harsh, do not get me wrong I love FE and respect how each game dealt with things, this is just for future games, either way I'll buy them! lol)

More focus on strategy instead of adding in ten million new waifus and children for the purpose of pleasing the people who want a Fire Emblem dating simulator

I agree , tbh I think half of the people who play Fire Emblem only play it for the marriage & kids.. :/

No children, honestly. At least not for a long, long time. The marriage / S supports tie back into strategy, with all the stat bonuses and the like.. so Im up for that. Specifically, more LGBT+ characters. And this is really just a pet peeve of mine, but a liiiiittle(a lot) less fan service. Awakening was alright regarding that, but Fates is too over the top. I know its to keep a paying audience, but still..

In the future games, if they include children make up a somewhat decent excuse. Because in Fartes, you've got Tsukuyomi with a child and that's kinda…ew.

Edited by Shadowess

No children, honestly. At least not for a long, long time. The marriage / S supports tie back into strategy, with all the stat bonuses and the like.. so Im up for that. Specifically, more LGBT+ characters. And this is really just a pet peeve of mine, but a liiiiittle(a lot) less fan service. Awakening was alright regarding that, but Fates is too over the top. I know its to keep a paying audience, but still..

The fansevice was just annoying and not needed. Having some LGBT+ character's would be great! Though I don't want a lot of them..maybe like 3-5 of them per game.

To be honest, I think I'm losing interest in Fire Emblem to begin with, and probably definitely would if there's another game in the Awakening/Fates style for the forseeable future.

Fanservice isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially since some people think that it was fairly equal for both genders in these two games? I don't know if I agree, but I could hope it being less contrived at least.

Edited by Tryhard

The biggest thing I'd like to see is a big expansion of the magic classes. I don't mind all the anima spells being one group of tomes, but I'd like to see Dark and Light magic come back and for IS to give us classes that use various combinations of them. It's just silly how there are almost twice as many physical classes as magical ones, and that's with counting the hybrid-y things like Basara as magical instead of physical.

• A good story with nuanced characters and factions
  • If dragons are present, give us something more interesting than them trying to destroy the world
  • More magic types (such as Light and Dark) that each function in unique ways.
  • Remove marriage and children unless they are well integrated into the story*
  • Remove gratuitous fan-service
  • Remove player pandering.
  • Make the MU a character that doesn't affect the plot in a big way.**
  • More victory conditions and map types (Nohr was pretty good on this front)

*I had an idea where the lord (or MU) would marry a character from a certain faction in order to get their support, so rather than marriage for shipping and eugenics, it would be for political (ie story and strategy) reasons.

**I'd like Avatars to stay, because it's always fun to have an OC in the game, but reduce their role so they don't derail the story and characters with player-worship. You'd be able to choose their class, appearance and one of several personalities (that determine who they support with) but they would be minor characters in the story. Alternatively, they could be one of the characters used for political marriages, as outlined above.

I don't have too much of an issue with the current direction (and it feels a lot like they're testing things out with Fates, anyways), but it'd be nice to see different paired ending relationships (so beyond marriage) come back.

Also, the return of the old magic triangle would be lovely. Magic classes are always my favorite, but the pool to pick from (at least of pure magic) is a lil slim at the moment.

Edited by blinkingbrave

Regarding magic, if they're gonna take the current direction, I want them to at least make the animations more flashy graphically. I mean, if you're nerfing something then at least make it virtually interesting as an incentive for people to use them. I'm not a fan of how Fates gave some tomes very samey (if not the same) animations. To make it worse, a few tomes and other weapons share that generic fireball animation of the Fire tome, an E-rank magic. Most Nohrian tomes have either fire or lighting effects, which is boring. At least Hoshido has animals, but it's still low graphic at best. Generally, the magic look pretty unprofessional, with the exception of a few high-rank spells, but that's still nothing compared to Awakening's animations.

And Shadowgift is useless lol.

Edited by Ryo

If marriage returns in the next title, I'm hoping for a few options per character. Also no children units unless it fits into the story well.

I do want them to have the interesting maps and challenges they had in FE14, and adding some more types so we can have even more of a challenge. I think bringing back light magic and the magic triangle would be nice as well, I kinda miss it to be honest.

Regarding magic, if they're gonna take the current direction, I want them to at least make the animations more flashy graphically. I mean, if you're nerfing something then at least make it virtually interesting as an incentive for people to use them. I'm not a fan of how Fates gave some tomes very samey (if not the same) animations. To make it worse, a few tomes and other weapons share that generic fireball animation of the Fire tome, an E-rank magic. Most Nohrian tomes have either fire or lighting effects, which is boring. At least Hoshido has animals, but it's still low graphic at best. Generally, the magic look pretty unprofessional, with the exception of a few high-rank spells, but that's still nothing compared to Awakening's animations.

And Shadowgift is useless lol.

Now, I don't have Fates, but I have been watching playthroughs of it and through those have witnessed every tome attack except Boost Thunder and Iago's Doubtful-Tome(?), and the only ones that I've seen have very similar animations so far are Thunder and Mjolner. And the only one to have the generic fireball animation of the Fire tome... is the Fire tome.

Now, I don't have Fates, but I have been watching playthroughs of it and through those have witnessed every tome attack except Boost Thunder and Iago's Doubtful-Tome(?), and the only ones that I've seen have very similar animations so far are Thunder and Mjolner. And the only one to have the generic fireball animation of the Fire tome... is the Fire tome.

Missiletainn and Fimbulvetr have very little difference. Odin's Black Tome share its animation with Marx's personal sword when attacked from range. Robin’s Manuscript and the Ballistician class' animation have the Fire tome animation.

And to think in Awakening it would have been game-shattering if more characters than just Aversa could use it

The Sorcerer's or Dark mages should learn that skill, so when you reclass to an mage or any other magic user you can still use dark magic. They really need to find more use in Shadowgift, it could be a really useful skill.

Everyone, you're taking this in the wrong direction. We already have Fire Emblem games with reasonably dressed characters and logical support options. We need something new

Fire Emblem: Mates A'wanking will have a whole host of new features, and these are only a few of the possibilities we'll have a chance to open our minds to:

- every unit can support every other unit

- every support ends with a unique CG H-scene

- playable avatar is half manakete, one quarter god, one eigth garou and six fifths pegasus

- playable avatar is the main lord, the main love interest, and (spoilers!) the final boss

- playable avatar is a mii

- player can invite units to their room and give them sponge baths

- all classes wear swimsuits

- every map is a beach

- every chapter after the first adds a new unit, a new class, a new gameplay mechanic, and costs 6£