[FE4] Freelance Draft

SilverCrusader

I havent played this in a while and even though its one of my favorite games I need something to spice it up. All new rules I added in are in bold:

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Sigurd, Deirdre, Celice, Ardan, Oifaye and Julia and Ares are free for all to use.
3. When any mothers are drafted, their children come with them. Example: Drafting Ayra gives you Ayra, Lakche and Skasaher.
4.All characters leftover from drafting will be FREE for all players.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, participate in Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charisma bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling criticals.
3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Penalties:
1. Non-holy weapon users (Noish, Ayra etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle.
2. Holy weapon users (Levin, Shanan etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle. Example: Using Noish (if undrafted) en route to Jungby results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Sigurd seizes Jungby, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use Noish while en route to Evans.
3. Using the Give command is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:
1. Generation 1 units may lose a bout in the Arena and then die to an enemy while unequipped to prevent them getting married. The enemy must have no other friendly units in his attack range and must finish the character in a single round.
2. Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu are free to use in Chapter 3.
3. Dew may lower the bridge in Chapter 4 if undrafted. He may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.
4. Leaf, Fin and Janne are free to use in Chapter 7.
5. Shanan is free to use in Chapter 7 until Yied is seized.

Teams:

1.Jave:Ethlyn(Leaf,Altenna),Tiltyu, Levin,Noish,Lex,Laylea,Shanan,Rodolban,Janne

2.SilverCrusader:Fury(Fee,Sety),(Aideen, Lana, Lester), Fin,Beowulf,Claude,Johan,Tristan,Radney,Amid,Asaello

3.Lantairu:(Briggid, Patty, Faval), (Ayra, Lakche, Skasaher),Holyn,Jamka,Alec,Hawk,Johalva,Femina,Dimna,Hannibal

4.Yojinbo:(Lachesis, Delmud, Nanna), (Sylvia, Leen, Corple).Cuan,Midir,Azel,Dew,Mana,Linda,Daisy,Sharlow

[spoiler=units remaining]

NADA!

Edited by SilverCrusader

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm. . .but letting undrafted characters get married sort of defeats the purpose of exception 1. . .

(not joining, I can't convince myself to finish the game normally, and I don't want to leave everyone hanging)

The undrafted units at the end become free units just like Sigurd and

EDIT: no theres been a confusion in what I meant earlier sorry, if you didnt draft Holyn you cant use him as a father but if no one drafted Holyn in the end then everyone can use him freely as a unit.

Edited by SilverCrusader

you also don't have to draft all the mothers first (by the standard ruleset anyway). The person who gets locked into Briggid or Ayra or something would much rather pick a solid male unit like Aless or Cuan than the mother.

IIRC most FE4 drafts have Aless as a free unit because otherwise teams can end up being physically unable to kill Alvis. All the other viable tools the game gives you either waste turns [Altenna, Tyrfing] or need a specific pairing [Levin with either Fury or Tiltyu] that will probably be impossible to set up in a draft run.

Well if most people do it, sure. Though I think you should because whoever doesn't get Aless might have to waste some turns getting Seliph the Tyrfing. Which if you didn't get Sylvia, that wastes even more time because I don't know how you're supposed to get to Byron without her, so you have to run Seliph all the way back to Miletos just to hope you have enough money to repair the Tyrfing. So yeah, make Aless free.

Damn 4th pick is really shitty with this setup. Oh well

At least if you pick a mother, you can pick a good father right after. Unless you get stuck with someone like Sylvia. Imo, her kids are hard to use and level up no matter who the father is. Also, Say we don't have Raquesis. Can we still use her to talk to Eltshan to get him out of the way in Chapter 3?

Edited by Lantairu