2015/16 NHL Season - The Ladd/Little/Wheeler circle jerk

Life

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bruins are in a bad spot atm. Chara is old (and the injury last year) and they had to shed some key depth due to the salary cap at the start of last season (Iginla, Boychuk). But they have an elite franchise center in Bergeron and an elite franchise goalie in Rask (although he might not be playing that well atm), both in their primes. They're a bubble team at best (although they were unlucky to miss last year), but they're too good to get top-5 picks (unless they win a lottery I guess) and they still have too many pieces of a contender to just blow it up and start from scratch. Their best chance is making some killer trade, because I don't think they have much cap space to sign a star in free agency.

NJ's record is better than they've played; they had a 4 game winning streak, but 3 of those were in OT/SO, which is not sustainable.

Ooh, the Penguins have won 3 in a row now! Including one vs their rival Capitals. ^^

Tonight they play the Maple Leafs (lol that name).

That's an auto-win. That's how bad the Maple Leafs are (and I hope they stay that way because FUCK TORONTO).

Yeah, some Penguins fans were saying that they're bad. Let's hope the Pens aren't like their football brother Steelers and lose to bad teams.

The only way that you'll lose is if you forfeit. Which would be hilarious because I could then tell Toronto fans that their team is so bad that they only win when others forfeit.

Relax Life. Focus on your own team doing well instead of reveling in another team doing badly. Toronto fans know that we're bottoming out these next two years anyways.

Relax Life. Focus on your own team doing well instead of reveling in another team doing badly. Toronto fans know that we're bottoming out these next two years anyways.

Being originally from Toronto, it actually gives me more joy watching the Leafs fail year after year rather than the Jets being a good team (which we are).

Anyway, we've succeeded in our second 6-in-5 and started off with another win. Problem is we're playing in Montreal tonight.

So here's the situation (11 games in but fuck that, I want to see post-season action).

Winnipeg has a huge problem. And the problem is how good their division is in general. Colorado's kinda crap but the Blackhawks have 6 wins and 12 points in 6th place (as a point of comparison, Boston is in 2nd in their own division also with 6 wins and 13 points). The Jets are sitting in 5th in the division with a 7-3-1 record (unheard of but whatever).

As I've been saying, going 6-in-5 probably makes the playoffs. That means 6 points every 5 games (3 wins or 2 wins and 2 OLs both work). That will roughly translate to 98 points or so at season end which should make the playoffs. So all Winnipeg needs to do is to stay ahead of 4th place in the Pacific division (that's San Jose with 10 points on a 2 game skid currently) and we'll see the postseason. Hopefully one of the teams in our division decides that they're going to implode (I'd love it if it were the Wild or the Blues) but I don't think that'll happen.

EDIT: This is my issue with Byfuglien personified. He'd rather deliver a hit on the PP instead of keeping the puck in center ice and it leads to a shorthanded goal. He's not a smart hockey player.

And... now we're down 4-0 early in the 2nd. Yeah, we're done. Too slow and too sluggish off the get-go.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

6-win streak for the Pens. :D And they've won 9 out of their last 10 now! Go Pens!

They've been playing pretty well but it's important to note their opponents.

The only good teams they've beaten are Nashville, Vancouver, Washington and Ottawa. The other 4 teams (two wins against the Leafs) are all crap including a McDavid-less Oilers squad. They'll need to start winning more games in both their own division (Washington helps) and Central (beat Nashville but got destroyed by Dallas) before we can start talking about them being near the top of the Eastern Conference.

Shootout loss to Ottawa is OK since we went 5/8 in total points on a brutal road stretch in Central Canada. Jets are looking solid but I still think that Buff needs to be traded at deadline. He'll probably walk at the end of the season, no matter what.

I see, I see... I don't know nearly as much about the NHL as I do the NFL, nor do I pay as much attention to it, so hearing all that is helpful to me! I hope they can beat some more good teams and prove themselves. :3

• 2 weeks later...

The Penguins beat the Canadiens a couple games ago, so can they be in the division talk now, Life/Jim Moriarty? ;3 (it said the Canadiens are the best ranked team in the NHL!) They're also winning just about every game now.

GO PENS!!

Meanwhile, hope the Stars can get back on track vs. the Canucks tonight. Got my Zubov jersey on in preparation (with the Mooterus jersey set for tomorrow)

Nice to see an NHL thread here.

Sabres fan here. Also like the Capitols in the East, and the Blackhawks and Wild in the West.

After the 2 years of tanking its looking like it's gonna pay off. Jack Eichel is a stud. We have a great bunch of young, skilled forwards. We just need to get another top 4 D-man. Probably gonna hover around .500 all year and finish somewhere in the 7th-12th place of the East.

Winnipeg fan huh Life? How do you feel about that huge trade last season with the Sabres? Bogosian and Kane for Myers and Stafford (plus prospects and picks).

Edited by Hawk King

Winnipeg fan huh Life? How do you feel about that huge trade last season with the Sabres? Bogosian and Kane for Myers and Stafford (plus prospects and picks).

Stafford's been decent but Myers suffers from the same issues that every defenceman on this team suffers from; the fact that we can't play defense and are constantly losing games in the 2nd and 3rd periods after taking a lead. I don't know enough about Bogosian and Kane to make an informed opinion on the trade though.

The Bills and Jets are both having terrible seasons after looking like they were rising. It's driving me nuts. Our play at home has been awful, especially since we've been shut out a few times over the past two weeks, especially in division games.

• 3 months later...

Am I allowed to revive this? Well, if so, we just got a couple of Peng-WINS!! WOOHOO! Against the Rangers and then the Islanders. Next are the Hurricanes. GO PENGUINS! ^^

Also Fleury could be best goalie, he's beast. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Am I allowed to bring this back again? Playoff hockey starts today! And my Penguins have been HOT! And this has been without Malkin, a key starter who should be back soon! They did lose their last regular season game, but they had like half their starters benched, so no biggie there. GO PENGUINS!!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, they do seem to be bad right now. They probably need that.

The Penguins and coach Sullivan need to fix whatever was going on in round 2 here, that didn't look like the Penguins I watched in round 1 that totally stomped the Rangers. It looks like Malkin maybe wasn't quite ready to come back and he slowed the others down a bit. They didn't look like they were using as much speed as before. Even Crosby looked off. But I don't really know for sure, I don't know nearly as much about hockey as I do NFL football...

Also, Fleury plz come back. :( (Zatkoff looked great for the most part, but Fleury was capable of cleaning up any messes his teammates made the way he defends the net. We needz the flower power!)

Edited by Anacybele