What are the most important characters in the series?

NewDisplayName

Pretty much agree with the list above.

Maybe Finn from FE4 and 5 could also count, since he's the only guy to be playable in both gens of FE4 as well as be playable in FE 5.

Jake also basically comes as a packaged deal with Anna, until Awakening removed so Anna could be the player's waifu, grumble grumble

Naga is also important for the same reasons Tiki is, even if Tiki plays a significantly more direct role in the games she appears in.

Gharnef for basically being FE's Ganondorf

Jake also basically comes as a packaged deal with Anna

He's only in two games though (remakes notwithstanding), whereas Anna is in all of them, except one. So no.

Gharnef for basically being FE's Ganondorf

How the hell can you describe Gharnef as "FE's Ganondorf"? He only appears in two games (again, remakes notwithstanding), and in the two that he does appear, he's not even the final boss (unlike Ganondorf). So yeah, he's nothing like Ganondorf

Edited by NinjaMonkey

He's only in two games though (remakes notwithstanding), whereas Anna is in all of them, except one. So no.

How the hell can you describe Gharnef as "FE's Ganondorf"? He only appears in two games (again, remakes notwithstanding), and in the two that he does appear, he's not even the final boss (unlike Ganondorf). So yeah, he's nothing like Ganondorf

Jake appears in Jugdral (FE4 specifically) and Elibe (in FE7) as well.

It's not unfair to count games and their remakes individually. If it were, it would also be wrong to say that Marth only exists in 2 FE games because FE11 and FE12 are remakes.

I still don't think Jake is as significant as Anna, since his appearance in FE7 is extremely minor (literally only the name getting mentioned iirc), idk about FE4 since I've just started playing it, and he has almost no plot importance in the DSFEs. Anna appears way more often.

I still don't think Jake is as significant as Anna, since his appearance in FE7 is extremely minor (literally only the name getting mentioned iirc)

You do see him, very briefly, although it is possible to miss him.

You should be able to find him in a house on Fargus' chapter, IIRC. You know, the Port of Badon.

Uh, no, not exactly. You find Anna there, and she mentions him. If you went there, then Jake will appear at the beginning of the next chapter.

The Lords of each game, and prominent supporting characters (e.g. Caeda). Honestly, I don't see Anna having a place there at all.

I'm not sure if I'd really consider Roy and Robin to be "important" to the series as a whole. They get most of their attention because of their appearance in Smash Bros rather than being important across multiple games. Important to Smash Bros, maybe, but that's it's own huge fandom. Don't get me wrong, I like them well enough but isn't it odd to say a character became important because of their presence in a different series? Even Lyn's "importance" is exclusive to foreigners as the first playable lord.

As far as promotional materials go, Marth, Lucina, Anna and Fates characters get most of the attention.

The Lords of each game, and prominent supporting characters (e.g. Caeda). Honestly, I don't see Anna having a place there at all.

A character who has appeared in almost every game doesn't deserve a mention?

A character who has appeared in almost every game doesn't deserve a mention?

In almost all of them, it's an incredibly minor part. We clearly need to start appreciating bald arena guy some more.

In almost all of them, it's an incredibly minor part. We clearly need to start appreciating bald arena guy some more.

I think the diversity of roles she plays, minor as they are, is what made her special to some portion of the fanbase (and developers). Secret shop manager, tutorial lady, outrealms goddess etc.

Although I'm glad you support the bald arena guy getting more attention. I didn't want to be the first person.