1. 1. Favorite S rank?

• Aurgelmir Axe
    • Hagakure Katana
    • Zanshin Yumi
    • Excalibur Tome
    • Suisha Naginata
    • Oboro Shuriken
    • Bifrost staff (I doubt it)

Voted for Hagakure Katana because its pretty much the only one I use since Ryoma is really the only one who hits S-Ranks consistently. The Shuriken is cool as well the few times I dump arms scrolls into Kaze and Saizou.

Edited by Shephen

Okay, so, I did choose Bifrost a little bit to be contrary, but also because it does something you can't actually do in Fates any other way. I am a sucker for uniqueness like that, even if it's completely useless uniqueness, which all accounts say it will be.

since Ryoma is really the only one who hits S-Ranks consistently.

On the other hand, anyone that hits A consistently can use S Ranks since it only takes one Arms Scroll and there are 4 in the game. I've had S rank Kaze, Hana, Takumi, and Oboro in the same run with one Arms Scroll for each of them.

Anyway, my vote goes to the S rank Yumi because it's so fucking ridiculously powerful. 22 Mt and Swallow Strike effect speaks for itself and there is pretty much no penalty other than a slight Def/Res reduction.

Edit: as for how useful they are, they're not too useful. The Bow and Shuriken are great because high mt and no penalty but the half strength penalty of the other weapons is too much. The sword gives + 20 avoid and the Naginata gives +4 defense and Res so I like that they highlights the strength of their respective classes.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

On the other hand, anyone that hits A consistently can use S Ranks since it only takes one Arms Scroll and there are 4 in the game. I've had S rank Kaze, Hana, Takumi, and Oboro in the same run with one Arms Scroll for each of them.

Anyway, my vote goes to the S rank Yumi because it's so fucking ridiculously powerful. 22 Mt and Swallow Strike effect speaks for itself and there is pretty much no penalty other than a slight Def/Res reduction.

Edit: as for how useful they are, they're not too useful. The Bow and Shuriken are great because high mt and no penalty but the half strength penalty of the other weapons is too much. The sword gives + 20 avoid and the Naginata gives +4 defense and Res so I like that they highlights the strength of their respective classes.

How many arms scrolls are there in this game?

In Hoshido there are 4. IIRC there's one from the C11 boss, one from C13(?) and 2 are buyable from the level 3 item shop.

There are also 4 in Nohr but I'm not sure how many are in IK.

In Nohr and Hoshido the S weapons are pretty worthless. You get the the Axe, Tome and staff in chapter 26 and aren't even that useful for the boss fights in 27 and E. The Shuriken in Hoshido is on Ganz in 24 for whatever reason. The Katana is on Iago in 25 and the Bow, Lance, and Stave are in the chests in 25. 26 isn't really a chapter. They can be used in the boss fights though for 27/E and also breaking through the generals that are always in your way.

Funny enough they have way better availability in IK but most of the users are not that good aside from Ryoma and maybe Takumi and Kaze. So you are better off just selling them for money since you get jack in terms of money in IK. I think the only Arms Scrolls you get in IK are in chapter 10 and I believe 19. Granted you can buy 4 from shops but money is an issue.

In Nohr and Hoshido the S weapons are pretty worthless. You get the the Axe, Tome and staff in chapter 26 and aren't even that useful for the boss fights in 27 and E. The Shuriken in Hoshido is on Ganz in 24 for whatever reason. The Katana is on Iago in 25 and the Bow, Lance, and Stave are in the chests in 25. 26 isn't really a chapter. They can be used in the boss fights though for 27/E and also breaking through the generals that are always in your way.

Funny enough they have way better availability in IK but most of the users are not that good aside from Ryoma and maybe Takumi and Kaze. So you are better off just selling them for money since you get jack in terms of money in IK. I think the only Arms Scrolls you get in IK are in chapter 10 and I believe 19. Granted you can buy 4 from shops but money is an issue.

Wait, you can sell them for money? I thought it would be 0G since they're special weapons.

Yeah they sell for 5k a weapon, which is a crap ton of money from selling stuff(can get you an effective weapon or about 75% of a brave weapon). The Axe and Tome come pretty early and their users are terrible. The Lance, Bow, and Shuriken may be useful depending on how much you are will to invest in the users. The Sword is dope for letting Ryoma do a crap ton to the final bosses. The staff is useless for the most part since you get it at the end of 26 with only the bosses left to fight.

Money, here I come~!

I'll probably only use the Bow and the Shuriken in Hoshido. In Nohr, all of the units who can reach S rank have either been benched or reclassed into something else, so...

It feels weird not to have any S rank stone though.

Also maid is the only S rank staff class so you'll likely not have a user for it anyway.

I mean you get a pretty dope Maid/Butler in chapter 2. I wouldn't say its unreasonable that Felicia/Jakob could have A or S-Staves by the time the S stave drops unless they've just been dedicated pair up fodder(Good chance for Jakob to be, but Felicia is better as a stand alone unit imo). It just doesn't have a lot use really. Maybe in Hoshido!27 and IK!Endgame but the rest are rush the boss without much fight.

Yeah they sell for 5k a weapon, which is a crap ton of money from selling stuff(can get you an effective weapon or about 75% of a brave weapon). The Axe and Tome come pretty early and their users are terrible. The Lance, Bow, and Shuriken may be useful depending on how much you are will to invest in the users. The Sword is dope for letting Ryoma do a crap ton to the final bosses. The staff is useless for the most part since you get it at the end of 26 with only the bosses left to fight.

And here I thought they'd sell for a big fat goose egg. That just might be what I'll do with them since I especially don't care for the melee S ranks (or for that matter, most of the S rank classes, Maid/Butler aside).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

S-rank weapons (and weapon ranks as a whole) seems poorly thought out in Fates. You get the weapons late in the game, and you are probably unable to use them without use of arms scrolls. Heck, a number of my characters were barely hitting A rank with their weapons. I wish the cavalier skill that lets you gain weapon ranks quicker was still in the game.

As for the topic question, I'd say the sword, because dual wielding is pretty dang awesome.

To be fair, 5K is a lot of money from selling something. You get 1k for selling a stat booster, but they cost 10k to buy. The economy is rigged against the consumer lol. Lilith why?