What's your favorite Zelda game?

Lantairu

Favorite Zelda Game  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Zelda game? (Pick, like 2 max)

• The Legend of Zelda (NES)
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
    • Link to the Past (SNES)
    • Link's Awakening/DX (GBC)
    • Ocarina of Time (N64)
    • Majora's Mask (N64)
    • Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
    • Oracle of Ages (GBC)
    • OoX (Both Oracle games)
    • The Wind Waker (GCN)
    • Minish Cap (GBA)
    • Four Swords (GBA)
    • Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
    • Twilight Princess (GCN/Wii)
    • Phantom Hourglass (DS)
    • Spirit Tracks (DS)
    • Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
    • Skyward Sword (Wii)
    • Link Between Worlds (3DS)
    • Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
    • Triforce Heroes (3DS)
    • Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland (DS)
    • Wind Waker HD
  2. 2. What was your first Zelda game?

• LoZ 1
    • Zelda 2
    • Link to the Past
    • Link's Awakening
    • Ocarina
    • Majora
    • Oracle of Seasons
    • Oracle of Ages
    • Wind Waker
    • Minish Cap
    • Four Swords
    • Four Swords Adventures
    • Twilight Princess
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • Ocarina 3D
    • Skyward Sword
    • Link Between Worlds
    • Majora 3D
    • Triforce Heroes
    • Tingle
    • Wind Waker HD

The controls are rubbish for one thing. Also, Fi's excessive hand-holding.

Also, why isn't Hyrule Warriors in the poll?

Eh, each to his own. I recognize the flaws, but I personally don't see how it's the "worst". Then again, I also don't think any Zelda game is bad. Also, Hyrule Warriors is more of a Warriors game than a Zelda game. I only included Tingle as a joke, even though it is a spin off.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, each to his own. I recognize the flaws, but I personally don't see how it's the "worst". Then again, I also don't think any Zelda game is bad. Also, Hyrule Warriors is more of a Warriors game than a Zelda game. I only included Tingle as a joke, even though it is a spin off.

well, Skyward Sword isnt really a bad game overall. Its just not that wonderful of a Zelda game. Its missing a lot of what makes that series great, and exploration being key. A Link Between Worlds really did a lot of things right, despite reusing an overworld. Sorta just left you to pick and choose how you wanted to proceed. That was a part of the magic of Zelda. You make it too linear and without too much to explore, you get a pretty watered down experience.

well, Skyward Sword isnt really a bad game overall. Its just not that wonderful of a Zelda game. Its missing a lot of what makes that series great, and exploration being key. A Link Between Worlds really did a lot of things right, despite reusing an overworld. Sorta just left you to pick and choose how you wanted to proceed. That was a part of the magic of Zelda. You make it too linear and without too much to explore, you get a pretty watered down experience.

I see where your getting there, but I think has their own definition of what the "magic of Zelda" is.

I absolutely love Majoras Mask, funny enough I hated it as a kid, but I've grown to love it over the years. Theres just so much in it that is amazing and the world feels... REAL. Well in fantasy terms

Am i honestly the only one here who started the series with the OG Zelda game?

My Mom and Dad played Zelda I and II which I did later, but I physically started playing with Ocarina.

I don't think exploration or "picking and choosing" is what makes Zelda great. The dungeons and gameplay are what make them great to me. Besides, I found plenty to explore in Skyward Sword with how big the overworld was.

TWW, on the other hand, felt empty to me because it's nothing but a huge ass sea with tiny islands. Outset Island, Windfall Island, and Dragonroost Island were the only islands that had anything interesting on them. And even then I didn't enjoy them a whole lot. I did like hunting down treasure charts and their treasures, but that's about it. I'm someone that likes to collect things in games anyway.

Admittedly, Skyward Sword's sky area had a similar problem, but it was more minor to me because of the surface world existing.

Edited by Anacybele

Ocarina of Time is my favorite, and it's the first one I played extensively.

I also like Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. Majora's Mask is okay, but not my cup of tea anymore; same with Wind Waker.

Didn't like Skyward Sword.

2D Zeldas aren't my cup of tea, but Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are good.

The Wind Waker for the 3D games, A Link Between Worlds for top downs.

First was Ocarina of Time, though I like it and think it's a good game, I also think it's kinda overrated and trumped by all other 3D Zeldas except SS. And in terms of dungeon design, SS trumps it too. SS just happens to have a lot of annoying mechanics and all.

Am i honestly the only one here who started the series with the OG Zelda game?

Me, my first Zelda was the original too.

Why isn't Link's Crossbow Training on here. And how come Wind Waker HD isn't on her yet OoT3D and MM3D are.

Anywho, Twilight Princess and Minish Cap are my favorites.

Why isn't Link's Crossbow Training on here. And how come Wind Waker HD isn't on her yet OoT3D and MM3D are.

Because Crossbow Training was more of a spin-off and Wind Waker HD didn't change the previous game as much as the 3D ones did.

Because Crossbow Training was more of a spin-off and Wind Waker HD didn't change the previous game as much as the 3D ones did.

WWHD made actual gameplay changes which is more than what OoT3D did. Edited by DavidSW

Hmph, I was once forced to pick my favorite Zelda game because I was torn between two. My first Zelda game was A Link To The Past. (Unsurprising if you paid attention to my location at my profile, it's far from my favorite regardless of that.)

My favorite Zelda game would be Majora's Mask with Wind Waker as a close second. I hold the N64 version of Majora's Mask very dearly but even though I played the 3DS version a lot less, I see no reason to think it's worse than the original, smoother gameplay, better visuals and it's on the go.

As for the game itself, player agency? Check! A great variety of interesting characters and quests? Check! Great dungeons? Not the best but not terrible with the exception of the Great Bay Temple. Some say the urgency ruins the game for them but for me it's the greatest aspect.

Wind Waker is as beautiful as it is joyus to play, it had awesome boss battles (Despite being a tad easy) great exploration, some of my favorite characters and have I mentioned how beautiful it is, visually and in pretty much everything else.

Edited by Rxmonste

TWW was extremely easy, imo... One of the easiest games I ever played.

And that's one of the things that held it back from being my favorite, I still enjoyed it a lot.

But I will still respect your opinion of disliking my two favorite Zeldas.

Edited by Rxmonste

My first was OoT and I still love that game.

My absolute favorite goes to either MM for its amazing atmosphere or LoZ 2 for having really great gameplay and being stupid.

Aww yiss, finally someone who has some love for Zelda II. I adore that game, but man, is it freaking tough! I still havent been able to beat the final boss because of how ridiculous the final stretch is. But everything leading up to it, is so good.

Me, my first Zelda was the original too.

Anywho, Twilight Princess and Minish Cap are my favorites.

yay another OG!

Out of the 3D Zeldas (since my favorite in the series isnt a 3D), id have to say Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess fight for the top spot. MM has all the atmosphere, story, and just plain great look i love. TP has a lot of the dungeons i love the most. Arbiter's Grounds and Temple of Time are among my favorite dungeons in the whole series.

Minish Cap is definitely my favorite handheld title next to A Link Between Worlds.

The Zelda games are like all the Fire Emblem games. I don't believe there really is a bad Zelda game, they're all just at different levels of goodness. Anyway, my favorite is definitely Ocarina of Time. Not only that, OoT is my second-favorite game of all time! I love pretty much everything about it. The story is awesome, I love the characters (Darunia's happy dance, yay!), the dungeons and music in each dungeon are timeless (get it?), and...so much more. I love it. It's funny though. I didn't get to play Ocarina until ten whole years after it came out. But...ten years later, playing it for the first time, it completely captured me.

My first Zelda game was actually Twilight Princess (TP is also my second-favorite Zelda game). It roped me into the series, I was hooked and knew I had to play more Zelda after finishing TP. Skyward Sword is probably one of my least-favorites, I controls and gameplay are some of the worst in the entire series (motion controls are just too hit-and-miss!), and the story took way too long to develop (that stinking long intro...longer than TP's!).

I didn't mind TP's or SS's intros... I felt that TP's was longer, but I liked being introduced to some of the characters and their lives. It gave you a nice feeling of peace before all the real stuff happens.

Oh yeah, btw, while I loved all of SS's dungeons, my favorite dungeon in the series is actually not in it or TMC. No, that honor belongs to TP's Arbiter's Grounds. Such an amazing and fun place!

Edited by Anacybele

Skyward Sword did have one hella amazing dungeon that really sticks out in my mind: Ancient Cistern. That dungeon was literally the only time i had a really good time with that game, it was so good. I still love the part with all those zombie-blins dudes climbing up that rope trying to get at me.

I didn't mind TP's or SS's intros... I felt that TP's was longer, but I liked being introduced to some of the characters and their lives. It gave you a nice feeling of peace before all the real stuff happens.

Oh yeah, btw, while I loved all of SS's dungeons, my favorite dungeon in the series is actually not in it or TMC. No, that honor belongs to TP's Arbiter's Grounds. Such an amazing and fun place!

Arbiter's Grounds just that good. The use of the wolf was actually at its best there. I also love the Poe hunt which reminded me of the OoT Forest Temple. But just more sinister. Those guys always looked like Dementors. And that mid-boss...then the Spinner parts....aww yiss.

I'd say Wind Waker is my clear choice for #1. #2 was trickier, since I like Twilight Princess and A Link Between Worlds about equally, but I ended up casting my second vote for Twilight Princess, mostly out of hype from the HD Remake rumors (though I have a nagging feeling that TPHD could be a bone they're throwing to Zelda fans in anticipation for possibly moving Zelda Wii U to the NX).

Aww yiss, finally someone who has some love for Zelda II. I adore that game, but man, is it freaking tough! I still havent been able to beat the final boss because of how ridiculous the final stretch is. But everything leading up to it, is so good.

I also enjoyed Zelda II. While it's not one of my top 2-3 favorite Zelda games (probably not even in the top five, honestly), it is probably one of my two favorite NES games (along with Mario 3). It would be nice if Nintendo made a new game with a similar but modernized play style (even if they don't call the new game a Zelda game due to how different Zelda 2 was from the rest of the series).

Twilight Princess is my favorite video game, period.

Gamecube version, that is.

The controls are perfect. The graphics are gorgeous. The little-bit-dark atmosphere is perfect.

I love being in that world. So much so that I played it through to the end about 10 times in the first year of owning it! And I'm still not sick of it.

It was my first Zelda game~

This is hard because I really like almost every Zelda game. I say Majora's Mask and Link Between Worlds, the former is very atypical and I love its darker tone and characters, and the latter has tons of places to explore, a wide variety of dungeons and plenty of freedom. I also really like A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess, but TP was always too easy for me that I really don't play it that much anymore.

Though if recent rumours are true, then I quite might like a hero mode added to this game.