Transformation Gauge or Dragon/Beast Stone

MCProductions

51 members have voted

1. 1. Type of transformation method perferred

• Laguz transformation gauge
    • Dragon/Beast Stone

Huh? I've never seen Olivi Grass available to buy. And it still bugs me that units like Myrrh literally can only be used a limited number of times because of their single limited dragonstone that can't be replaced.

What would help the laguz, imo, is if their gauges fill up a little faster and decrease a bit slower and then make their unshifted counterattacks stronger. Still not as strong as they'd be if they were shifted, but stronger than the near-useless attack RD has. The only laguz that could deal any real damage unshifted was Mordecai...

Edited by Anacybele

Stones.

The Laguz meter is one of the most pointless mechanics in the series. Not only it's rather annoying having to waste at least one turn before being able to attack, but the game itself renders the meter useless later on when the Laguz Royals are introduced.

I like it how FE12 had the multiple types of stones. Make them limited during the main game and buyable for post-game.

Huh? I've never seen Olivi Grass available to buy. And it still bugs me that units like Myrrh literally can only be used a limited number of times because of their single limited dragonstone that can't be replaced.

For the most part, it was only available in the bargain bin (though given how much of a rip-off olivi grass is...).

You can buy Olivi Grass in the following Bargain Bins:

1-8

1-F

3-4 (x2)

3-7 (x2)

3-8

3-10 (x6)

3-11 (x3)

3-F (x5)

4-P (x3)

4-1 (x3)

4-2 (x3)

4-3 (x3)

4-4 (x2)

4-5 (x2)

Bargain Bin? Why haven't I heard of this before?

YOu didn't check bargens every chapter? there's lots of awesome stuff in there (Like 2 arc tomes in the part one epilogue that make mages a lot more usable in part 3 if you give them to illania, as well as a variety of statboosters and otherwise unbuyable items.) see here for lists: http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/miscellaneous/bargains/

Wait by bargain bins do you guys mean the items in the far right tab at the shop

where you can get wind edge, arms scroll, etc.

because I started RD a few days ago and I remember I bought an arms scroll right when I had the shop

if that's not what you mean what is it that would help

Wait by bargain bins do you guys mean the items in the far right tab at the shop

where you can get wind edge, arms scroll, etc.

because I started RD a few days ago and I remember I bought an arms scroll right when I had the shop

if that's not what you mean what is it that would help

That's the one.

I prefer Transformation gauges far more. Just because the uses is infinite and it doesn't bother me when they revert after a short amount of time. I always get screwed over with over using the dragonstones and then I can't buy anymore in most games.

My big problem with the transform gauge was that you had no control over when your unit was (partly) usable in PoR (which also had the added issue of laguz other than the early birds (Lethe and Janaff) generally transforming too late to help against the initial rush), and in RD, where you can control when your units transform, they have a whole slew of other problems that hinder their usability. That said, the only real complaints I have with stones are in SD, where dragonstones lost durability even if the user couldn't counterattack.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'd like to sort of merge the two and have Dragonstones that have like, 30 uses, but regenerate their uses slowly over time. Put that in with FE3's variety of transformations, and you're onto a winner!

I didn't know that's what they were called. But man, I checked them every chance I got.

You must not go shopping carefully (much) if you miss those...

I've always had trouble finding them in Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones. Don't think you can even buy them in that game. Can't remember if you could in the special shop for Sacred Stones.

Edited by SSbardock84

I've always had trouble finding them in Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones. Don't think you can even buy them in that game. Can't remember if you could in the special shop for Sacred Stones.

What're you talking about?

I'd like to sort of merge the two and have Dragonstones that have like, 30 uses, but regenerate their uses slowly over time. Put that in with FE3's variety of transformations, and you're onto a winner!

This sounds like a good idea to me. I'd like the laguz themselves to return though, or at least something like them where you have several different kinds of shapeshifters. So there'd be a dragonstone, felinestone, caninestone, and birdstone.

Transformation gauge please. The beast/dragonstones are too limited most of the time, especially pre-Awakening. And you have to spend money on them. You don't have to spend as much money on laguz. They just need a vulnerary and they're good. Although, I don't like how the laguz got hit with the nerf bat in RD. At least make Laguz Stones and Olivi Grass more accessible and available, geez...

Laguz stones were made more available in RD... though you only had 8 total uses before part 4.

What would help the laguz, imo, is if their gauges fill up a little faster and decrease a bit slower and then make their unshifted counterattacks stronger. Still not as strong as they'd be if they were shifted, but stronger than the near-useless attack RD has. The only laguz that could deal any real damage unshifted was Mordecai...

I don't think that'd really help that much... What would've really helped was if their Speed stayed consistent in both forms - laguz had it bad enough with all their other drawbacks, there was no reason why they also had to be free kills if attacked while untransformed.