How can I get a bunch of Boots!!

I'll post it here just for easier use.

Swiftsole trick

Credit: ultimaruneblade

This requires simple RN (random number) wasting.

To waste an RN, pick a character with 7 movement (you can do it with any odd number of movement, but I want to keep things simple). Make sure there's plenty of space and the character is not obstructed by too much terrain. Click on the character and move the cursor to get the movement arrow shown below:

ssrn.png

Now move the cursor one tile to the right and see what happens. You will either get a smaller L shape arrow or a 180 degrees rotated L shape. Which arrow you get depends on the next RN that the game has stored. Doing this manouevere uses up that RN, which is often referred to as wasting RNs.

To get your hands on a Swiftsole:

Close the game (no need to do this if it's already closed).

Open the game and enter the Ruins.

Waste exactly 13 RNs.

Retreat from the Ruins and re-enter.

Retreat from the Ruins and re-enter (2nd time).

Retreat from the Ruins and re-enter (3rd time).

There should be a Wight near the north east of the map that is carrying a droppable Swiftsole. Kill it to get it. There is also a Maelduin near the bottom of the map with a Dracoshield, if you want that as well.

Retreat from the Ruins and save the game.

Repeat the instructions to get more.

Note: This only works in the Creature Campaign, Normal and Easy Mode. If you're playing in Hard Mode, instead of 13 RNs waste 3 RNs, and instead of retreating from the Ruins 3 times retreat 6 times. Credits to Iggy Koopa for this note.

That whole page has some useful tricks, though.