Linkle is actually a female Tingle, not Link? I think so.

Anacybele

Yeah, Zelda. She's clearly Zelda on one of her cosplaying binges.

Really, it's an interesting observation, but...there's not actually anything to say about it. Also I kind of doubt the developers felt the need to create a female Tingle of all things.

It's less about popularity and more that it's something that noone's really asked for (as far as I know, I don't actively pay attention to the Zelda fanbase so I could be way offbase here). Like I can buy that she was influenced by Tingle (I mean, look at the first post, there's definitely some influence there), but I think it's a bit silly to say that she's a female Tingle. I don't actually think she's a female Link though because they don't seem to have much in common at all (there's the hair, the eyes, the green apparel, the boots and the crossbows) though so what do I know?

Linkle was originally supposed to be in the original Hyrule Warriors as Link's little sister so I highly doubt she was based on Tingle.

At first I thought, "That's stupid," but I can actually see the connection. The appearance, the name (Linkle, Tingle. Only two letters off).

But she's not a female Tingle. Clearly she's the love child of Link and Tingle.

Linkle was originally supposed to be in the original Hyrule Warriors as Link's little sister so I highly doubt she was based on Tingle.

She was never stated to be Link's little sister.

She was never stated to be Link's little sister.

My mistake. I got the info from the official Prima guide, but after reading it again, it said 'like a little sister'. Whoops.

I think she has a more Robin Hood based design, as opposed to Link's inspiration from Peter Pan, I can see the slight possible Tingle stuff, but its clearly a FemLink of sorts.

The only similarities between Linkle and Tingle are the compass necklace and green attire. Other than that, she looks like a female Link, which some fans have wanted. Wouldn't it be neat if she were an alternate protagonist for the Wii U Zelda game? Or, what if she had her own game? Link's Crossbow Training 2 could finally be a reality!

You may be right, Jave. But then again, maybe it's part of the "all archers wear green hoods" trope or something. They should've just made her a robot - oh wait, Fi's already in the game.

I think she looks like the daughter of Link and Zelda. And I think she is. If those two weren't so in love in Hyrule Warriors I wouldn't be so sure about my theory, lol.

She's their daughter from TEH FYOOCHUR!

inb4 Linkle becomes the Lucina of the Zelda fandom.

whatever the origin she shouldnt exist regardless

Why not? I don't see the harm in her, and from what I've heard they made her a character because the fans wanted to see how she'd be when they saw the concept art.