The Adventures of Morgan, the Adorable Amnesiac Tactician (ToME LP with Morgan narrative)

Alastor15243

Right, so, I gave up on my Fire Emblem Steam playthrough of Code Name S.T.E.A.M. because the process of getting all the pictures ready was so annoying and sucked all the fun out of the project. So instead I think I'll play another game while using a Fire Emblem character, this time on the computer where I can just send screenshots straight to my computer!

The game: Tales of Maj'Eyal, or ToME for short. It's a roguelike, which if you don't know is a game that focuses on random generation, extremely streamlined turn based gameplay, and permadeath. You die, you lose your file and have to start over. There is the option to dilute or even remove this feature in this game, but that cheapens the experience honestly. This particular roguelike is set in a fantasy world of might and magic, full of the standard Tolkien races, with variations within them, plus one or two wholly unique races. After I figured out how to use seashore image editor to size my own images for the custom unit tile feature of the game, I got the idea in my head to play the game as everyone's favorite adorkable Todd-Haberkorn-voiced badass, Morgan! I'm playing as a Cornac (the standard human race, not the aryan race "highers") arcane blade (a warrior who can use magic) and I'm going to see how far he gets before dying horribly, because unless I am supremely lucky and smart, that's how this is going to end. I might try again after I die if people want it enough though. Also, I'm writing the dialogue in this LP from his perspective.

Due to the size of the screenshots that ToME makes, I can't actually post images in this thread without doing annoying editing for each image, which is exactly the sort of thing that made my last LP so tedious for me to do, so I'm going to instead post dropbox links to PDF books of each of the entries into Morgan's story that I make, complete with text and images.

Note: Part 1's beginning is a little image sparse because I only decided to do this LP a little bit into starting the file and seeing how hilariously adorable the sprite looked next to other characters.

Part 1: Morgan Wakes Up in Trollmire https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25139867/Adventures%20of%20Morgan%20part%201.pdf

Part 2: Derth, the Arena, and Norgos' Lair https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25139867/Adventures%20of%20Morgan%20part%202.pdf

Part 3: Bill and Kor'Pul's Gloomy Adventure https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25139867/Adventures%20of%20Morgan%20part%203.pdf

Part 4: Elves, Mages and Crystals https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25139867/Adventures%20of%20Morgan%20part%204.pdf

I'll edit this post with each new installment when I make it.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Alastor15243

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Morgan, you never made it home. . .

. . .so, will you do another run with a FE character? The writing was definitely amusing!

I'm really bummed I can't do Morgan again...

...Actually I'm tempted to cheat and use some sort of temporal flux to give Morgan another chance. Would anybody be interested in reading that? I'd basically play another game on adventure mode (limited extra lives) after manipulating RNG to rescue another Anorithil to give him the same skills, and I'll just have some weird temporal flux completely change his equipment to what the new file has.

Or maybe just start a new file on Adventure and have Morgan start from the beginning, skipping over anything that's the same.

Which sounds better.

Edited by Alastor15243